If you are thinking of taking a holiday to Barbados, BOOK IT! I would truly recommend visiting this spectacular island. My friend and I stayed in St Lawrence Gap from 3 – 10th July 2014 at the Time Out Hotel, which is a 15 minute drive away from the airport. We were greeted by the hotel’s friendly reception staff and the twin bed room we booked matched the description written online. You can put small belongings in the safe provided in the room. We had continental breakfast everyday which consisted of croissants, toast, cereal, fruit, tea and orange juice. The hotel is clean and has areas to relax - bar area, outdoor swimming pool and lobby. This hotel is fantastic for its location. You have everything you need from supermarkets, gift shops, clubs, bars, sports court, accessible transport and Bajan restaurants nearby. Dover Beach is 1 minute walk away. Tourists have the opportunity to indulge in water sports, beach activities or simply lying on a sunbed and getting a tan! There are a variety of restaurants to eat along the strip (The Gap) offering tourists a taste of local cuisines. The currency accepted is US Barbados Dollars and Barbados Dollars. Buying food is cheaper than eating out in the UK. For local excursions and places to visit, go to Oistins on a Friday night, the Catamaran Cruise, Harbour Lights Party, the capital – Bridgetown and Harrisons Cave. It is better to buy tickets in the country than to pre-book from the UK. Also I’d recommend hiring a 4 x 4, go on a private tour or persuade a taxi driver to take you on an Island tour. Along the journey, you’ll sight-see the local attractions and landscapes as well as experience the breath-taking paradise beaches. The locals are very friendly, helpful and make the experience extra special. Ooh and don’t forget to treat yourself to a Chefette!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time Out Hotel is ideally located on the South Coast of Barbados, in the St. Lawrence Gap area, across the road from the beautiful Dover Beach and next to Dover playing field. The hotel is situated near restaurants, nightclubs, supermarkets, and casinos. Time Out Hotel consists of 76 rooms divided into Standard rooms, Superior rooms, Pool View rooms and Deluxe/Family suites. In addition, we have a bar and restaurant on property, a pool and our very own wedding coordinator! Whether travelling to Barbados on business or pleasure, we offer you comfortable accommodation, friendly service, and genuine island warmth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Priceline, Travelbag, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Time Out Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Time Out At The Gap Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Time Out Gap Barbados
- Time Out Hotel Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap