Meridian Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Melbourne Inn @ Car Rentals(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Sandals Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
View Hotel
Monteray Apartment Hotel(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Sandals Royal Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)
View Hotel
Bougainvillea Barbados(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
All reviewslocked gatedover beachlawrence gapclean and safe placetwin bedsmonday to saturdayminute walksmall apartmentchange moneyeconomical staywalking distance to the gapair concleaned on a daily basisbudget accommodationlots of hot waterthe ritzstove top
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I just read someone else's review that said this is not a hotel, it's a studio apartment. That's spot-on. If that's your expectation you'll love the place. If you're expecting a hotel, you'll be disappointed.
The rooms are clean, and comfortable, the tv and showers work. There's a small functional kitchenette. What the place lacks are - in-room phones (the office has to use a buzzer to call you if they need one), alarm clocks, but I guess who needs an alarm or wakeup call if you're on vacation, a proper reception - office hours are 8.30 - 5.00pm, which means if you check-in late nobody may meet you, and this also makes it difficult for people to come and meet you after 5, as they can't call your room.
While the service is friendly enough, there are lots of unfriendly signs like "Don't take our towels to the Beach!", "Please don't use Aloe Vera in our beds", "Please dust the sand off your feet etc etc." While understand what these signs are saying, the messages are very unfriendly and off-putting.
But if you get past that, you can have a nice stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We spent 2 weeks in Barbados of which 6 days were at the Meridian, and in retrospect, we should have spend our entire vacation at this hotel. The facilities are modest to be sure, but very clean. The location is superb: quiet, yet only a 15 minute walk from the Gap scene, and a 45 minute walk from most of the south cost beaches. But most of all we loved the staff. In particular, Michelle went out of her way to help us out, making reservations for us, etc. The place has a great family vibe to it...it's cosy, and great for kids. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Pick a room which is away from the main street to get a nice view of the ocean + quietness.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed with my friend for the Cropover festivities. We were just looking for a place to put our heads down at night. Everything they said they offered was provided with a friendly smile. The only issue we had was our room infested with roaches. Even after it being sprayed they returned. Besides that everything was to par.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank mzthorne
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is one of several small apartment hotels in the St. Lawrence Gap area - they buildings are not new, but the Meridian is kept very clean, rooms are recently panted and the area is pretty quiet. There's ample pots, plates etc to make a range of food.
I stayed in 3 rooms over 2 stays - the best was on the 1st floor (1 floor up). Ground floor is nice too but noisier of course and the 2nd floor (rm10) was lovely except the air conditioner needs replacing as it's too noisy.
There's a gorgeous small beach less than a minute's walk away, decent convenience store, coffee shops, varied restaurants etc very close by. Bus to wherever about a 10 min walk from the hotel.
I will stay there again - the staff are so friendly and helpful and overall, it's well priced and very convenient!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I've stayed at Meridian Inn almost every year since 2003. I have full understanding that I get exactly what I pay for and more. I'm not rich and cant afford to stay in big fancy hotels but what I get at Meridian I wouldn't necessarily trade for anything else. Meridian regulars get a sense of family as the hotel has always been run by lovely people despite ownership changes. I stay in the same room and yes some things are dated but do you expect for the prices paid for the room. There's no pool? so what? you have the big wide sea a few footsteps away. I went last year and this year and this year I've noticed the area has improved and there are fewer young men just hanging on the corner. In fact i didn't see any. Location-wise you have the fun and convenience of all the nightlife of St Lawrence Gap but at the same time its at the quieter end of the gap so you can escape, the Dover mini-market is a minute's walk away so you can get all you need there. Service-wise I can never fault the lovely Michelle and Juliette and also Paulette, and the housekeeping staff are warm, friendly and trust worthy.
I'll return again and again to my second home.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo