“Phenomenal experience!!!”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Toronto, Canada
“Phenomenal experience!!!”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I have never taken the time to write a review about a hotel, however my experience at Oceans 2 Resort was truly exceptional and deserving of a great review. I had the pleasure of visiting this resort early November. It was only a 2 night stay and I was celebrating my birthday. Unfortunately, at the last minute my husband could not attend our trip due to a work related issue. Nevertheless, I decided to travel alone. From the very moment I arrived at the resort, I was greeted with friendly beautiful smiles, a cool wet towel and a lovely flavorful non-alcoholic cocktail. Upon finding out that I was alone, the staff reassured me that they would "keep an eye out for me" and this made me feel so comfortable. The standard room was modern, clean, and bed was so comfortable with nice fluffy pillows. The buffet breakfast is great and all the staff at the restaurant were amazing! The private beach is stunning and chairs are always available with fresh clean towels.While enjoying the sun on the beach I was offered ice water, and a cool wet face cloth. These little details are what makes the hotel and staff standout. I mentioned that it was my birthday to one of the beach staff. He brought me a complimentary cocktail. Later that evening, I was surprised with a complimentary bottle of wine brought to my room. They all went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, safe and special while traveling alone. I am very well travelled and honestly, never have I received such fabulous treatment, it was truly royal!
Finally, after checking out I realized that I had left my diamond ring in the room. The cleaning staff was unable to locate it and I was told that if they found it they would contact me. I had no hope of ever seeing it again. The same night the hotel called stating that they had found the ring and it was fed-exed to me the same week. Unbelievable!!!
So with all this said, I truly recommend everyone visit Ocean 2. From the staff, the service, the rooms, the food, the pools, the beach etc., all are phenomenal! You will not be disappointed it is everything and more!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank BellaStella04
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear BellaStella04,

Many thanks for your detailed review of your recent Ocean Two experience. Your positive comments with regards to all aspects of your stay are greatly appreciated and I join you in commending all staff members for a job well done. We hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday here with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon.

Paul Collymore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2012

As a "road warrior", I don't generally gush over hotels when on a business trip, but this Resort is so special I wanted to share it.

It is a hidden gem, tucked away on Barbados' South Coast. The moment you enter, you realize it is unique - elegant, yet relaxed.

The 1 bedroom ocean view had all the amenities you could imagine, with everything new and upscale.

The staff is incredible, and the dinner at Taste was exceptional.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jean w
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting O2 Barbados early October and really haven't stopped praising the staff for the warmth I received while there. From the time I arrived to the hotel until the time I left, I felt like at home. The staff is GREAT. They went out of their way to ensure my stay was an enjoyable one. I'd like to give special kudos to Shauntell, Earrie, Robyn, O'neal and Andre...you guys ROCK!!!

Even though I didn't spend much time in my room, it was wonderful. It boasts, travertine floors, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, rainfall shower and so much more! O2 Barbados is a MUST STAY!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank dayswork69
Dear dayswork69,

Thank you for sharing your Ocean Two experience by posting this review. It is pleasing to read such wonderful comments, particularly regarding the exceptional service you received from our staff. We look forward to welcoming you “home” again very soon.

Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Overall a great hotel. The staff was nice, professional and unobstrusive enough. The place was immaculate. The major glitch was that the room was not ready at check in time and we waited over an hour before it was. That is not a greatest way to begin a vacation. They should empower their staff to offer a diversionary meal and drinks (or somethin other than empty promises) in that case.

Room Tip: We had the room close to the street which is a bit noisy when you open a window. Ask for a room away...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cfrankli
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Everything I want to say about this hotel has already been said so all I can say is believe all the amazing comments you read about the hotel and the staff because they are all so true.
When you first walk into the hotel the view through the lobby to the pool/beach is breathtaking and that sets the tone for your whole stay.
We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment and it had everything you could possibly need, including a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, tumble dryer and a dishwasher (which the hotel provides the tablets for and the maid empties for you when she cleans your room). The bed is huge and extremely comfy. There's a docking station for your ipod in the bedroom and a hairdryer in the bathroom that was much more powerful then mine with the difference in wattage! There's lots of draws and a wardrobe for your clothes but they only provide 7 hangers so you may need to take some.
We went room only because we had been advised before we went that there are plenty of places to eat and we definitely made the right choice. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel once. The lunch and dinner were lovely but the breakfast was not worth the money. All the food we ate on the island was beautiful, we never had a bad meal. For lunch, a great place to go is Scotty's which is a 2 minute walk towards 'the Gap' from the hotel. You need to look past the fact that its a grotty little shop because the food is amazing. There's a big choice and it changes everyday. For dinner, we'd recommend Cafe Sol (gorgeous mexican food), Pisces (a little pricey but lovely fish dishes) and Lobster Alive (great lobster!) For a really special night you MUST got to the Cliff. All I can say about that is Oh My God!!!!
The staff at O2 are probably the best in the world. I know thats a big comment to make but you'll understand what I mean when you've stayed there. They just can't do enough for you. You could go to reception for literally anything and they will sort it. They changed money, stamped postcards and sent them home, booked spa treatments, sorted day trips, booked our tables at restaurants everynight, ordered taxis, chased our travel rep for us...nothing was too much trouble. By day 2 they knew our name and room number, it felt very personalised. The staff around the pool were the same, constantly attentive. All the staff were so friendly all of the time. On the Wednesday, there is a Manager's Cocktail Party. Take the time to go, its a great way to get chatting to other guests as well as meeting some of the staff, plus lots of free rum punch, food and music.
If you are looking at this review because you are deciding whether or not to book this hotel, BOOK IT! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty T
Dear Kirsty T,

We are delighted to read such positive comments and thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Ocean Two we strive to exceed guests expectations and from your comments it seems as though we have definitely hit the mark. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly the friendly and personalized service provided by our staff.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope to welcome you back to Ocean Two soon!

Trinidad
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We have visited Ocean Two before and had such a wonderful time that we just spent 10 days there again .
The royal treatment was exactly as we experienced the first time.
* Cold towels , rum punch & quick registration by the friendly staff as we arrived.
* Fantastic hotel , spacious, 2 big pools, wonderful beach, perfect location and amazing staff.
* ONeil and the beach staff spoilt us again bringing cold water and special cold body misting while we enjoyed the beach facilities.
What fun to see guest both young and old trying to surf just down the beach and the kayak was always available for those who wanted a paddle up the coast.
Ocean two is close enough to St Lawrence gap to walk but never do you hear the noise or public who frequent the night life and restaurants there.
We have booked again for February 2013.... This hotel is just perfect for whatever occasion you need.. And they have a special treasure on the rooftop where we went to experience the sunsets , swim in the roof top pool and just admire beautiful Barbados up high....

Room Tip: Ocean view is perfect...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kiddikare
Dear Kiddikare,

Thank your for another glowing review, it was our pleasure welcoming you back with us. We are thrilled to know that your return was once again a wonderful experience and that you thoroughly enjoyed the services and amenities provided, especially the spectacular views on the Panorama Roof Deck. We look forward to having you with us in February 2013, O’neal will have the kayaks ready!

Nottingham
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Super quality accommodation as we stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. Everything still feels brand new and fittings are at a very high standard. The kitchen has everything you could want if you fancy cooking. We made our own breakfast and ate on the balcony as we'd booked room only. With a view like that - who wants to sit in the dining area??
Bathrooms are huge and beds are very comfy - if a little on the soft side.

Location is brilliant if you want to go out and experience your surroundings. I like the fact that it is not a resort and that you can walk round the corner and 'meet the locals'. We found the Bajans very friendly and always felt safe. We hired a car for 3 days and saw most of the island. The East coast is stunning with some fantastic surfing. Talking of which - our teenage kids had a couple of hours lesson with Barry's surf school next door and were up and surfing in no time. The surf by the hotel is usually just right for beginners - especially in the mornings.

Staff at the hotel were friendly and attentive. I don't generally make a point of remembering staff's names - and I haven't - but we had no complaints. They sorted out car hire and a couple of excursions for us and were efficient. However, the bar tender needs some training! Had a Mojito which included finely chopped mint and mainly soda with no sugar and very little Rum. It's not rocket science and at 9US$/£6 you expect more! Lunch at the hotel was tasty - especially the fried fish sandwich which was decent value at £7. We didn't have dinner in the hotel as the menu didn't excite us that much and we would have been on our own...

Agree that Harlequins is nice, but were more impressed with Champers. Great food and super location. Had the sea food pasta which was delicious. Slightly pricier that Harlequins, but worth it.
And we did The Cliff in St James' after much deliberation. It IS very expensive at £500 for a family of 4 with a few drinks and a bottle of wine, and the food on it's own was lovely but not worth the money. However, it is a really really cool place and the ambience and the view is spectacular. On the whole I'm glad we did it and as an exceptional night out it was worth what we paid. It is low season so we got a great table by the cliff with a view over the sea. If you can't get a great table, I wouldn't bother. There is always the option to just go for drinks which are actually no more expensive than most other places and is a chance to experience The Cliff on the cheap!

We had a catamaran trip with Jammin which was great. Brilliant staff who looked after you and swimming with the turtles was an experience. Snorkelling in Barbados is generally a disappointment - especially if you've done the Red Sea!

Oistins Fish Fry is a must on a friday night - less of a tourist trap that we thought, and just sit down amongst the locals and ask what they're eating. They'll happily chat and give you advice on the best fish. Ask for Big Paul's fish bar and have some marlin....beautiful!

The hotel is beautiful but nights are very quiet. Didn't bother us as we'd go out to The Gap or just chill on the balcony. There was a seriously good jazz quartet on the Sunday night though.

We had a fab time in Barbados and were very happy with our choice of hotel. Book in confidence!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#11 of 50 in Christ Church Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,937 reviews

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!