“Great Holiday”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Cheshire
“Great Holiday”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Oceans Two is only 18 months old so is very new and well kept with things being maintained and painted all the time. From our first arrival and welcome with cold cloths and iced drinks the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We had a two bedroom corner suite with full ocean view which was like a full on apartment with everything we could possibly need. The atmosphere is relaxed and quiet and I don't think really suitable for children. It is located on a beautiful small beach between Dover Beach and Turtle Beach. You have to be aware of the strong waves and rocks when sea swimming and on breezy days there are quite a few boarders. There are more than enough very comfy loungers on the beach and round the swimming pools. Staff bring cold flannels and iced water to sunbathers and warn people to wear sun block etc. There is a swim up pool bar with a happy hour at lunch and again late afternoon and excellent cocktails. Because everyone has a full kitchen I think they currently find meals difficult to assess though we had the buffet breakfast a couple of mornings it was one price 35 Bajan $ so as we just wanted continental we bought in and ate it on our terrace. If there had been a cheaper continental option we would have had that. We had lunch most days and there was a tapas or lunch menu. However we hardly ever saw anyone eat there in the evening and think if they promoted it more and even taken bookings so they knew numbers perhaps a fish evening or BBQ on the beach we would have happily stayed in - as it was we ate out every night as there is such a large number of restaurants within a walk or short taxi drive away. We also enjoyed the managers cocktail evening on the roof top pool terrace.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cheshireangel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We recently had an amazing five night holiday at Ocean Two. All the staff members were friendly and efficient. The hotel itself is beautiful. Sunset on the rooftop patio is definitely not to be missed! Can't wait to return !

Room Tip: Our apartment on the eastern end of the fourth floor was just perfect ! Being an end unit, there is...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shirley L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I have never taken the time to write a review about a hotel, however my experience at Oceans 2 Resort was truly exceptional and deserving of a great review. I had the pleasure of visiting this resort early November. It was only a 2 night stay and I was celebrating my birthday. Unfortunately, at the last minute my husband could not attend our trip due to a work related issue. Nevertheless, I decided to travel alone. From the very moment I arrived at the resort, I was greeted with friendly beautiful smiles, a cool wet towel and a lovely flavorful non-alcoholic cocktail. Upon finding out that I was alone, the staff reassured me that they would "keep an eye out for me" and this made me feel so comfortable. The standard room was modern, clean, and bed was so comfortable with nice fluffy pillows. The buffet breakfast is great and all the staff at the restaurant were amazing! The private beach is stunning and chairs are always available with fresh clean towels.While enjoying the sun on the beach I was offered ice water, and a cool wet face cloth. These little details are what makes the hotel and staff standout. I mentioned that it was my birthday to one of the beach staff. He brought me a complimentary cocktail. Later that evening, I was surprised with a complimentary bottle of wine brought to my room. They all went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, safe and special while traveling alone. I am very well travelled and honestly, never have I received such fabulous treatment, it was truly royal!
Finally, after checking out I realized that I had left my diamond ring in the room. The cleaning staff was unable to locate it and I was told that if they found it they would contact me. I had no hope of ever seeing it again. The same night the hotel called stating that they had found the ring and it was fed-exed to me the same week. Unbelievable!!!
So with all this said, I truly recommend everyone visit Ocean 2. From the staff, the service, the rooms, the food, the pools, the beach etc., all are phenomenal! You will not be disappointed it is everything and more!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank BellaStella04
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear BellaStella04,

Many thanks for your detailed review of your recent Ocean Two experience. Your positive comments with regards to all aspects of your stay are greatly appreciated and I join you in commending all staff members for a job well done. We hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday here with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2012

As a "road warrior", I don't generally gush over hotels when on a business trip, but this Resort is so special I wanted to share it.

It is a hidden gem, tucked away on Barbados' South Coast. The moment you enter, you realize it is unique - elegant, yet relaxed.

The 1 bedroom ocean view had all the amenities you could imagine, with everything new and upscale.

The staff is incredible, and the dinner at Taste was exceptional.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jean w
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting O2 Barbados early October and really haven't stopped praising the staff for the warmth I received while there. From the time I arrived to the hotel until the time I left, I felt like at home. The staff is GREAT. They went out of their way to ensure my stay was an enjoyable one. I'd like to give special kudos to Shauntell, Earrie, Robyn, O'neal and Andre...you guys ROCK!!!

Even though I didn't spend much time in my room, it was wonderful. It boasts, travertine floors, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, rainfall shower and so much more! O2 Barbados is a MUST STAY!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank dayswork69
Dear dayswork69,

Thank you for sharing your Ocean Two experience by posting this review. It is pleasing to read such wonderful comments, particularly regarding the exceptional service you received from our staff. We look forward to welcoming you “home” again very soon.

Kind Regards,
Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Overall a great hotel. The staff was nice, professional and unobstrusive enough. The place was immaculate. The major glitch was that the room was not ready at check in time and we waited over an hour before it was. That is not a greatest way to begin a vacation. They should empower their staff to offer a diversionary meal and drinks (or somethin other than empty promises) in that case.

Room Tip: We had the room close to the street which is a bit noisy when you open a window. Ask for a room away...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cfrankli
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Everything I want to say about this hotel has already been said so all I can say is believe all the amazing comments you read about the hotel and the staff because they are all so true.
When you first walk into the hotel the view through the lobby to the pool/beach is breathtaking and that sets the tone for your whole stay.
We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment and it had everything you could possibly need, including a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, tumble dryer and a dishwasher (which the hotel provides the tablets for and the maid empties for you when she cleans your room). The bed is huge and extremely comfy. There's a docking station for your ipod in the bedroom and a hairdryer in the bathroom that was much more powerful then mine with the difference in wattage! There's lots of draws and a wardrobe for your clothes but they only provide 7 hangers so you may need to take some.
We went room only because we had been advised before we went that there are plenty of places to eat and we definitely made the right choice. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel once. The lunch and dinner were lovely but the breakfast was not worth the money. All the food we ate on the island was beautiful, we never had a bad meal. For lunch, a great place to go is Scotty's which is a 2 minute walk towards 'the Gap' from the hotel. You need to look past the fact that its a grotty little shop because the food is amazing. There's a big choice and it changes everyday. For dinner, we'd recommend Cafe Sol (gorgeous mexican food), Pisces (a little pricey but lovely fish dishes) and Lobster Alive (great lobster!) For a really special night you MUST got to the Cliff. All I can say about that is Oh My God!!!!
The staff at O2 are probably the best in the world. I know thats a big comment to make but you'll understand what I mean when you've stayed there. They just can't do enough for you. You could go to reception for literally anything and they will sort it. They changed money, stamped postcards and sent them home, booked spa treatments, sorted day trips, booked our tables at restaurants everynight, ordered taxis, chased our travel rep for us...nothing was too much trouble. By day 2 they knew our name and room number, it felt very personalised. The staff around the pool were the same, constantly attentive. All the staff were so friendly all of the time. On the Wednesday, there is a Manager's Cocktail Party. Take the time to go, its a great way to get chatting to other guests as well as meeting some of the staff, plus lots of free rum punch, food and music.
If you are looking at this review because you are deciding whether or not to book this hotel, BOOK IT! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty T
Dear Kirsty T,

We are delighted to read such positive comments and thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Ocean Two we strive to exceed guests expectations and from your comments it seems as though we have definitely hit the mark. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly the friendly and personalized service provided by our staff.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope to welcome you back to Ocean Two soon!

Kind Regards,
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#10 of 51 in Christ Church Parish

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!