I really wish I could take this hotel and the staff on every holiday I go on. Arriving was amazing, so many smiles from reception and the welcome drink and a cold towel in the lobby while we waited for the room. The room was just perfect and the view is breathtaking, we self catered for most of our stay, the kitchen really has everything you need. Use the Super Centres (Waitrose) for shopping if you can, as the local shop is a little pricey. On our first evening we took a taxi (Jahson from reception) to Oistins and on that short journey he told us just about everything we needed to know about getting around in Barbados using ZR taxis and buses.
The staff are great, so well trained and friendly from reception to the beach (via the bars) the smiles and service were incredible. Stefon is great, always smiling and chatting and so helpful, he encoraged us to go to the sunset bar on the roof which was a great way of meeting other guests to drink and chat with. Jeffrey in the pool bar was excellent, drinks and laughs just kept on coming. We had an ongoing joke with Wavell and we even made Rudolph smile. Earrie, Andre and Roggick from the pool/beach area always helpful and take time to talk and make sure you have everything you need to lie in the sun and relax or go out in the sea on one of the watery activities they offer. Non-stop fresh towels with none of this signing them out and back in that we have seen at other (supposedly better) hotels. I could go on all day.. Barbados was just a distraction compared to the hotel, there are enough things to do to fill a couple of weeks, but we mainly spent our days out on the west coast snorkelling in places like Mullins Bay and picking up fishcake sandwiches for lunch from the roadside while we were out (yummy). Try the local "Pudding and Souse" on a Saturday, but don't look at it, just eat it, it tastes great!
We also met some amazing guests on our trip, from the US and the UK - I blame the hotel for creating the environment where people just want to talk to each other (firstly about how great the place is). I have the feeling we will see some of them again soon.
Don't forget Manager's cocktails on Wednesday evenings - it's FREE and the socialising starts here (if not before)
So after all this - I just want to go back, mainly for the people and the Hotel - as I've said - move this hotel and it's people anywhere and we'll be there! See you soon I hope.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap