Overall this hotel is well maintained and generally the staff want to provide a good service.
We had an ocean suite room, the views were beautiful, the only downside is the suite configuration, this gives the bedroom no window and we found this to be quite oppressive.
Housekeeping are excellent in this hotel, nothing is too much trouble, from extra towels to having your room serviced when you need it to be rather than 'the norm' of when it can be fitted in.
Romel and Shamira (sorry if they are spelt wrong) on reception are super efficient, from local knowledge, restaurants and car hire. Generally reception is helpful, but there are a few that do not listen, second guess the situation or question and we ended up having to re-do some things ourselves. There is a flipancy with some staff members in this hotel and it's a mixture of the Bajan laid back manner 'which is lovely' but also the fact the majority are very young and exude confidence bordering on too confident. The main trick is they need to listen a bit more please.
Pool and beach staff are very helpful, we wanted to bring Andre home with us, he is so comical and smiley. Great touches - that you get ice lolleys brought out to you at 1130, 2 happy hours lunchtime and 16.30 and also they spray you with a cooling menthal water vapour when sunbathing and also give you fresh flannels to refresh.
The TV said that we were and welcomed a Nigel Planner for the full 2 weeks, the tv signal is appalling.
There is a level of noise which is disturbing when you are trying to relax on the beach as there are house renovations ongoing to the left hand side rear of the hotel, drilling, banging etc. Not so great when you are trying to listen to the sea and chill out.
St Lawrence Gap has a number of good restaurants for the evenings and is only 10 minutes walk. If you want a good breakfast try to Ocean 15 restaurant at the side of the hotel as this is very comptetitive and good value compared to this hotel's own breakfast, and they also do smashing coffee at Ocean 15-hotel coffeee is not good :(
Don't do Oistins on the Friday with the shuttle bus, it's too busy and manufactured. If you fancy it, ry it on your own and try it on the Saturday night when it is quieter and try George's for some fresh marlin or flying fish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a brand new, four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, TravelUp, Destinology, Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com and Travelbag so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap