“Don't think about it any longer just book it”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Palma de mallorca
“Don't think about it any longer just book it”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing holiday, Ocean Two exceeded my expectations, the rooms were clean and the furnishings were luxurious all the staff were fantastic, they go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure your holiday is one of complete relaxation and carefree. Paige and Marlon were great host's who really made my trip special. In closing I would like to thank all at ocean two and advise anyone considering this hotel, Don't think about it any longer just book it and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Christofchris
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Christofchris,

A warm thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your recent Ocean Two holiday experience! At Ocean Two, we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional holiday experience and from your lovely comments it seems as though we hit the mark.

Paige and Marlon are sure to be delighted by their special mentions, and your wonderful comments have been relayed to the entire O2 team!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from a stay at Oceans Two in Barbados (June-14). This hotel was absolutely wonderful, great staff, location was really good, most place quite easy to get to. We had a standard room which was really good but next time will upgraded to a one bedroom suite, would have loved a fridge in the room. We would definitely go back to Barbados and stay at Oceans two again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share this review! It is an absolute pleasure to know that you had such a fantastic time here with us, particularly enjoying our favorable location and commendable staff!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two in the near future!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I decided on Ocean Two for a belated honeymoon. We had been waiting almost a year to go since we had planned and booked the trip. Everything was perfect! We had booked a standard room and were upgraded to the 1 bedroom suite. The suite was beautiful; all appliances that were needed were there. We were able to eat breakfast in the suite about half of our trip.
The staff was wonderful; they helped my husband plan a dinner on the beach our 2nd night there. This was the only dinner we ate from the restaurant along with 1 lunch and a few breakfasts. Food was really good but service was slow, however I found that service was slow at almost every restaurant that I ate at on our trip.
The rest of the hotel was beautiful. The pool was small but we never had a problem finding a lounge chair. We couldn't swim in the beach near the hotel but Dover Beach is a very short walk away with access to bathrooms, loungers & umbrellas, and a couple of beach bars/restaurants.
St. Lawrence Gap was a 10 minute walk away with Dover Market about a 2 minute walk. The only negative thing I have to say was about our walk to the Gap. I'm not sure if it was because we're young but we seemed to be a target for every drug dealer that hangs out in front of the market. A couple of times they followed us for a short while, sometimes swearing at us if we didn't give them money. It was actually better at night after the sun set, then we weren't bothered. Some nights going out we took a cab to the restaurant or bar to feel safer (it cost $10 USD). But once we got about 1 block away the walk was fine and we both loved the restaurants/bars in that area. I recommend Apsara Samudra and Harlequin for dinner along with Sharkey's and the Old Jamm Inn for drinks.
We just got home today and I already miss it! We're counting down the days till we can go back!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor (room 207). On the nights they had live music in the lobby it was very lou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arl2482
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear arl2482,

Many thanks for taking the time to share this review! We are all extremely delighted that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us, and we are pleased to know that your stay with us was truly memorable and enjoyable.

We sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered off-property and we have notified the law enforcement tourism liaison officer of your concerns.

Overall it appears as though you had a lovely holiday and honeymoon at Ocean Two and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Barbados
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had the privilege of spending two amazing nights at the Ocean Two Resort and Residences in June 2014. I stayed in one of their Ocean Front Suites (Pent House 7) which had absolutely amazing and commanding views of Dover Beach from the large balcony. My stay got off to a great start after the very warm and professional welcome I received from Malinda at the Front Desk. She immediately took me over to have a seat in the waiting area where I received a cold towel to help cool down and a non-alcoholic cocktail. After some brief paperwork, I was shortly thereafter taken up to my room where my luggage was waiting for me.

The suite was large, immaculately clean and extremely comfortable. This property clearly believes in cutting edge technology and this was very evident in the room. Every possible amenity you could think of was in the suite. Safe, iPod Docking Station, two Flat Screen TVs, wardrobe, chest of drawers, multiple pillows, a large bathroom with an impressive Rain Drop shower head, a couch which doubled as a sofa bed, dining room table, full kitchen with utensils, coffeemaker, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, cutlery, crockery, stove, oven and refrigerator. At this point let me say, the shower stall is spacious enough to fit five persons comfortably. The shower head was absolutely amazing and a definite plus in the bathroom with very good pressure even though I was on the 7th floor.

Service at this hotel is top notch. Hopefully persons reading this review will be lucky enough to be there on a Wednesday evening when management of this resort hosts a brief cocktail party to meet and greet guests of the property. This usually takes place from 6pm to 7pm on their rooftop deck. Due to inclement weather, the one during my stay was held in the lobby and it was great. There were tasty hors d'oeuvres, very good homemade rum punch and a great atmosphere. Each morning I came down, I was always greeted by name by Malinda at frontdesk. She is definitely an asset to this property. Security is very present on the beach and in the lobby area so one will never feel unsafe. Access to the rooftop deck is by flashing our room key in the elevator just above button #7 only. The elevator is programmed to take you directly to the 8th floor deck once you flash your key card.

The only meal I ate at the hotel was breakfast and this was exceptional and provided a great start to my day. There is very well laid out Buffet Breakfast including traditional items such as scrambled eggs, omelettes, bacon, baked beans, spinach cakes, sweet potato croquettes, banana bread, coconut bread, toast and assorted cereals etc. Service in the restaurant was always warm and friendly.

One of the highlights of this hotel is its rooftop deck where there is also a small swimming pool located. It’s great for relaxing, taking in the sunsets, having drinks and getting a bird’s eye view of the other nearby properties. There are also other pools on the ground floor including one with a swim-up bar. There is also a large quantity of loungers around so you never have to move early to get one.

Ocean Two has clearly set the bar at a very high echelon where few hotels in Barbados have reached this far in terms of service and facilities. They clearly understand the requirements of discerning travellers and it’s clear that great thought has been put into the design and features of their rooms. One added bonus is that WiFi throughout the property is completely free of charge and I always had an “excellent” connection wherever I was around the property. Believe it or not, there are some properties in Barbados such as the Hilton which still charge exorbitant sums of money for WiFi access which I think is preposterous in 2014.

The location of the property is also first-rate. It’s at the quiet end of St. Lawrence Gap, right on Dover Beach with several bars and restaurants within walking distance. The Dover Market is the nearest convenience store and is open from 7am to 10pm each day. You can also purchase delicious local food at their deli counter during the day. It’s just a five minute walk from the front desk. You definitely can’t go wrong with Ocean Two and I shall definitely be returning for another stay here in the not too distant future. The numerous photos I have attached don’t do this place any justice. Thank you Ocean Two for the excellent stay!

Room Tip: While the "hotel rooms" are nice, I would highly recommend going for the Ocean Front Suite...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
12 Thank BGIWorldTraveller
Dear BGIWorldTraveller,

Thank you for sharing this thorough review of your recent holiday experience at Ocean Two Resort and Residences! At Ocean Two we strive to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience which exceeds their expectations, and from your wonderful comments it seems safe to say we achieved this!

We thank you for highlighting those amazing features and qualities that together create the unique and memorable Ocean Two holiday experience, such as our welcoming check-in and in-room orientation, well-appointed suites, favorable location and the stellar service provided by our excellent team. We are also very pleased that you had a lovely night at our weekly Manager’s cocktail party, as well as a great dining experience provided by our on-property restaurant Taste.

I join you in commending all staff members for the continuously outstanding service they provide and have relayed your lovely comments to Malinda and the entire O2 team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two in the near future!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

First impression: the property is breathtaking. Second impression: the property is breathtaking. The first thing you see when you step inside the wide open entrance of the Ocean Two Resort is not the front desk, but it's backdrop of the teal/ aqua Caribbean Ocean. The design of the lobby is such that the beach is visible from the front door. A friendly staff member greets and shows you to round tables and comfortable chairs that face the ocean. That is where you will fill out the paperwork. My daughter and I stayed here for a week to celebrate my birthday. The genuine smiles and happy nature are the culture of this property. We had a one bedroom oceanfront stylishly appointed suite. The suite has a full stainless steel kitchen, granite counter tops, high end appliances with everything from a teapot to coasters. It also has a washer and dryer, dining table, two flat screen tvs, two air conditioning units, two ceiling fans and a immense shower with a granite bench seat. Tile floors keep everything cool and clean. An oversized balcony with fabric cushioned armchairs provides comfortable seating for morning coffee or afternoon wine. The balcony also had wall sconces with piped music. There is ample drawer, cabinet and closet space. The bedding is white luxurious cotton comfort. The are even dimmer switches on the lights for ambiance. The restaurant food was delicious. Every morning the breakfast buffet offered an omelet station, breakfast meats, pancakes, fresh fruit, baked beans, grilled vegetables, cereals, yogurt…you name it and they will happily provide it. We ate dinner there several times. One of my favorite items on the menu is their Goat Cheese Salad baked in a pocket of phyllo pastry and served on roasted peppers and beet roots. Everything about the property is a ten, but you only let me rate it a five.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank cherylyvonne
Dear cherylyvonne,

Thank you for taking the time to share this lovely review of Ocean Two! At Ocean Two we continuously strive to provide our guests with an exceptional and memorable holiday experience which exceeds their expectations, and it is such a pleasure to know that we were able to provide you with this wonderful experience!

We do have a truly commendable team who go above and beyond, and I am pleased that they were able to provide such stellar service and genuine interaction that exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing Ocean Two and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Richmond, Virignia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A friend and I stayed at Oceans Two last Summer and it really is a great place to stay. This was my second stay at the resort. Its located in a safe area with lots of restaurants and shops. I didn't feel threatened to roam about. There is a convenience store just outside of the resort where you can purchase items you may have forgotten to bring.

We had an ocean-view room, which made it nice morning, noon or evening. They rooms are furnished beautifully and very comfortable, just a very relaxing place to stay. There is occasional sunset entertainment which was a plus. Plenty of rum punch!

If your travels take you to Barbados, this is a must stay.

Room Tip: Stay in floor 4 and up Oceanview
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Genovie T
Dear Genovie T,

Many thanks for sharing this lovely review! It was such a pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home and we are truly delighted to know that you once again had an amazing stay here with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

UK
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I have just got back from a 10 day stay at Ocean 2 resort. It was a great holiday and very relaxing which is what we were looking for. The hotel is very clean and the bedrooms are modern. We stayed in a 1 bedroom ocean front suite on the 2nd floor which was very spacious and modern, which had a large bedroom, and large open planned living area with fully equipped kitchen. Kitchen had fridge freezer with ice-maker and chilled water, microwave hob and all utensils if you fancied eating in on some occasions which we did for a few breakfasts.The living room had another cable TV, sofa, arm chairs & dinning table and that leads to the outside balcony area.
The staff and very hard working and very polite. There's water always available free by the bars which is different from most hotels who generally charge or at least makes you have to ask for it which is a nice touch. The food especially for lunch and dinner is of a very high standard. So this leads me to the first thing I'd change, the area for dinning is like a permanent gazebo, which with the wind is a very noisy and not very private dinning experience, also for dinner you would expect the tables to be set-up differently from lunch time i.e. fabric napkins and different table clothes, for the prices being charged and ambiance you suspect they are trying to create especially for dinner this should really be improved, and the gazebo changed into a proper permanent structure. The gazebo doesn't actually go with the rest of the hotel and really lets the resort down and that's why I think a number of residents chose to mainly eat elsewhere for dinner.
The hotel creates a nice very chilled atmosphere which we definitely enjoyed. Two staff members that really help here is Orlando who dishes out and mixes up all the drinks and cocktails at the pool bar and he is very hard working, polite and friendly he made the pool bar a great place to hang out during the day. The pool staff also dish out water and ice lollies daily which helps keep you nice and cool. Another great staff member was Roggick who worked on the beach and pool side, always smiling, chatty and helpful and kept everyone cool by offering peppermint spray and iced towels.
I think the evening entertainment could definitely be improved and the few nights when they did have entertainment it wasn't very well publicized and it's very short i.e. lasts from 7pm-9pm at the latest. This meant there was never a very vibrant atmosphere in the evenings and so the evening was normally just about going out for dinner as there was nothing keeping you in the resort, even some good music in the sports bar past 9pm would have been a nice change. One evening that was very nice is the beach BBQ which was on Saturday, very nice food and nice setting sat out on the beach.
The last thing that I would have liked would have been some day time activities ran by the pool or on the beach, not that you'd want to do them every day but some days you'd like to have the option to just break up your days if you felt inclined.

All in all a great holiday and resort would recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank zhtl
Dear zhtl,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review! At Ocean Two we are truly dedicated to providing our guests with excellent service and an enjoyable & memorable holiday experience; as such feedback from our guests such as yourself is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for highlighting the great features of our suites, our immaculately maintained property and the stellar service provided our excellent team! It's also very pleasing to know that you truly appreciated even the simple touches such as our daily complimentary ice lollies.

We also thank you for your constructive comments as this helps us to better recognize those areas that we may need to improve upon to ensure guest satisfaction and to enhance our guests' overall holiday experience, and we are actively discussing the recommendations and constructive comments that you have provided.

Overall, it appears as though you had an enjoyable stay here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#11 of 49 in Christ Church Parish

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!