“Book it.”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Oakville, Canada
“Book it.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Book this hotel. It is the best on the island. Every member of the staff is warm, welcoming and helpful. O'Neal, the manager of the pool and beach area, will see that you get everything you want. The resort is pristine and the rooms are stylish and immaculate. The splendid array of restaurants in The Gap is a short walk away.

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank WendyandBruce
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear WendyandBruce,

Many thanks for sharing this glowing review of your recent Ocean Two experience! It is an absolute pleasure to know that you had such a wonderful holiday here with us, thoroughly enjoying all aspects of your stay.

Your lovely comments have been relayed to the entire O2 team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
queens,ny
Reviewed 28 July 2014

So I have procrastinated long enough. This was such a great experience that I had to write something. So often we say we are going to do something and don't. I could not blow this off. So, I stayed at this property with my husband for my birthday in June mind you!
First of all, it was a quick ride from the airport which is really nice. Instead of checking in by waiting on a long line, you are greeted by reception and led to a comfortable sitting area. You are handed a nice cool drink and a cool towel. Staff sits down with you to check you in. Zena was awesome from day one until the very last day. The property was clean and well maintained. The staff was very accommodating and friendly.
We stayed in a one bedroom apt which overlooked the beach, ocean and pool. You could actually open up your balcony doors to experience indoor outdoor living at the same time. The view was spectacular and I relive the image daily to keep my peaceful state of mind. Postcard perfect. The bed was king sized and comfortable. The bathroom had a double sink and a huge shower with a rainfall faucet and bench. The living, kitchen and dining area were clean with very modern amenities including granite counter-tops and stainless steel appliances and a washer and dryer.
As I said, I celebrated my birthday at that time and I was sooo surprised when Victoria sent up a slice of birthday cake with sparklers on top. Shantelle, Paige and Monique delivered my breakfast as well as my birthday surprise and sang Happy Birthday to me. You may think that it is no big deal, but my husband did not tell staff that it was my birthday. They somehow found out and took it upon themselves to surprise me. How nice was that!
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Gap, which has lots of bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Very safe. Just be smart. Along the walk, there are street vendors selling their merchandise. No hassle. There is a supermarket across the street from the property so you can stock up on food if you wish. Food can be moderate to pricey so having water and snacks in your room comes in handy.
The only downside is that,the room while very clean, did have a slightly musty smell, maybe from being closed up or from the fact that the bathroom is not vented well enough. Also, the beach is not big but very well maintained, Easy fix...just take a walk about 3 minutes down and there is much more beach to enjoy.
I will definitely return to this property no questions asked. Next time it won't be rainy season and then I can enjoy the water more. (water a bit rough but warm and beautiful)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shrelle
Dear shrelle,

A warm thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your Ocean Two holiday experience!
We thank you for your glowing remarks regarding our welcoming check in process, our luxurious suites, the fantastic amenities and spectacular views.

We do have a truly amazing team who go above and beyond, and I join you in commending them for the excellent service they provided to you throughout your stay, as well as the excellent service they provide to all guests daily. We are so delighted that you not only chose us to celebrate such a momentous occasion, but that your birthday experience here with us far exceeded your expectations.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences in the near future!

MONTREAL
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Amazing !! From the service to the location , hotel , cleanliness , house keeping and pool attendants etc !!! Truly an amazing place and very baby friendly - my son loved the women at the reception ( little toddler of 10 months) I would definitely be back ! Everyone at the hotel were friendly helpful and pleasant - they would serve fresh fruit and coconut Popsicles to everyone to cool them off and spray us with water to refresh us ! Always helpful in finding a place on the beach, courteous etc!!

Restaurant was ok - breakfast was good however we often ate out at the many wonderful restaurants in Barbados - not too far is Bliss Cafe - amazing !!!!!!

Located near the Gap - good for a bit of nightlife and restaurants

Hotel offered activities - singers live bands movie night dinners etc - and offered beach and pool toys for kids and babies

Beach is stunning however lots of big rocks in water and a bit rougher ( baby , swimming ) - however to the right of beach if you keep walking you will get to the better part with a longer stretch of beach with no rocks and calmer water - watch for high tide though !

Rooms are very well equipped ! Showers were huge and spacious! We had room 304 with a beautiful view of ocean ( ocean front )

One thing I have to mention is that they ask for a refundable deposit that we did not know about of $1000 US which they refunded at the end of the trip ( after deductions of food we bought drinks etc ) so for those travelling on a budget be careful and have this money available !

Will absolutely return here !

2 Thank NatalieLuccaElias
Dear NatalieLuccaElias,

A warm thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your recent stay here with us! At Ocean Two we continuously strive to provide our guests with an exceptional holiday experience that exceeds their expectations and we are quite proud to know that we were able to provide this experience for you.

We thank you for your kind remarks regarding our well-appointed suites, immaculately maintained property and favourable location. I also join you in commending all team members for the consistently excellent service they provide.

We truly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

new york
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We rented a hobby cat at Oceans 2 and had the best time ever. We wanted to rent hobby cat but I was reluctant to use any guy off the beach in Dover. I walked to Oceans 2 thinking their sport rental would be more professional and experienced. And this was a great decision. I very highly recommend Michael at Oceans 2 . He is a great guide and sailor. It was windy and high waves so we couldn't go to Carib beach to see turtles so he took us to Oistins area to show us turtles and gave us a great ride. He is very experienced and knowledgable. If in Dover beach area this was great fun and not to be missed well worth the money $20.00 US pp. we didn't stay at Oceans 2 but the staff there was so accommodating and welcoming . I will definitely think of staying there the next time we return to Barbados.

1 Thank clmcruiser
Dear clmcruiser ,

Thank you for sharing this review of your wonderful watersports experience at Ocean Two!

At Ocean Two we place a strong emphasis on the training and development of our team, therefore it gives us great pride when guests such as yourself comment on the stellar service they received. Your lovely comments have been relayed to Michael and to the entire team!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Barbados and hopefully to Ocean Two as guests, in the future!

london
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is the trickiest review I have ever posted. in simple terms everywhere I have stayed has been more isolated and private and even when I booked here I went against my gut instinct to book a West Coast hotel, However, the strength of the reviews made my mind up and I went for this resort. So why the paradox?? Well the components of a good holiday start with the hotel (apartments), the area, the service, atmosphere, dining etc etc.....so my ratings for these elements differ so greatly to the extent that I find it really hard to generalise. So here goes..... the good bits are...............The property itself is nice, not overtly luxurious but really nice, albeit wedged between a private residence for sale and a second one with construction work being done. The rooms are basically high standard 1 bed apartments. ( we were in 503 and i think you benefit from being higher and in a room ending 6 or below). The pool is quaint and really fine, with a swim up bar. Don't forget the roof terrace on the 8th floor which is quiet and stylish. The strongest asset are the staff (Nakita, Jeffrey Jack, the concierge team ...literally everybody) Great youthful team offering a super blend of friendliness and professionalism, always smiling and welcoming and so helpful when we had to fly home early due to a death in the family and afteri had my wallet stolen ( more of that later!) Breakfast was a nice buffet, lunch really ideal;yet dinners seemed a bit of an afterthought in the setting which worked in daylight but seemed a bit makeshift in the evening..(could the framework of the structure be clad in some sort of greenery to take the edge off the look?). Dinner service was alway willing but seemed too long in its preparation. The beach is nice although open to all so was approached a few times which I could do without as I dont do drugs and dont buy tat! Be aware of the very real difference between the waves and currents on the different sides of the Island. Here the waves are full and strong ( I loved them) but the West Coast offers much calmer seas. The difference is really key. My beef and my concerns are simple. I do not like the area. The St Lawrence Gap if you read certain reviews is described almost like a Las Vegas strip, and talk of vibes etc.....not for me!! This may be up and coming (but not in my time) and I found the strip to be scruffy and with an undercurrent which i could do without. I was approached 3 times by dealers offering God knows what and my wife felt uncomfortable. My daughter,15, was verbally "admired" a little too frequently for any parent's liking. The Gap is hugely over-rated.Although 2 restaurants looked higher grade, Waterfront (which was being refurbished) and the one beginning with P with the blue flame lights..(sorry forgot name!!) both on beach and stylish, The rest seems like second rate spanish resort to my eye. There's even an Irish pub..Oh dear! Similarly the Oistins trip at best "is not my cup of tea" and at worst complete Emperor's clothes! I sense I am sounding snobby..i dont think I am its just that you pay good money on a prestigious island (as 1st time visitors) and expect to detach yourself from things you wouldnt even experience at home! The catamaran trip is great (tiami) but this is where my wallet went missing (but I could be pick pocketed in covent garden..so this is just life i suppose). In the aftermath of this the staff did everything they could to help sort out banks etc...... I am getting tired now so in summary love the staff, liked the resort, beach was nice , waves were great, The Gap and Oistins did nothing for me and if you dont lose anything the turtle swim on the catamaran is brill!
ps...A big thank you to Mike from Denver (congrats on getting married) for taking on the waves with me and managing to help us, as two middle aged men carrying a smidgeon of timber,turn into carefree kids for half an hour!!! good laugh!!!... a mixed experience heightened by a lovely team of staff who made us feel so welcome

Room Tip: above 4th floor with room number ending 6 or below
14 Thank dougleach
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear dougleach,

Thank you for sharing this review of your Ocean Two Resort & Residences holiday experience! At Ocean Two we welcome all guest feedback, as guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we are dedicated to providing our guests with stellar service and an exceptional holiday experience.

We are disappointed to know that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. The St. Lawrence Gap area hosts a number of renowned restaurants, as well as different entertainment options to appeal to varied tastes. Similarly Oistins Bay Gardens is continuously recommended as a "must do" experience in Barbados, and we are disappointed that you were not able to enjoy these two locations and that they did not exceed your expectations.

Overall, it appears as though you had an enjoyable stay with us at Ocean Two, and we thank you for highlighting our well-appointed suites, Panorama Roof Deck, your dining experience and the stellar service provided by our commendable team.

Although your holiday on the South Coast of Barbados might not have been what you were looking for, we truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Barbados in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here before our cruise for 3 nights. Lovely modern hotel, great waterfall shower. Didn't eat here so can't comment I preferred to eat with the locals in the shacks further up from the hotel. The pool area is nice and it was appreciated when the staff spray you with a cooling spray, nice touch. The waves are rough I watched surfers one evening I prefer the west coast where it is calmer. One comment is that is was our honeymoon and no fuss what so ever was made I think this stood out more as on our return from the cruise we stayed at Mango Bay in Holetown for 3 nights and they filled our room with rose petals and give us bottle of bubbly.

Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Jemma R
blackpool
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our silver wedding here and had a wonderful two weeks. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean front suite room 506 and everything was perfect. We have visited many countries but this must be the best hotel ever. Excellent service from Roxanne who looked after our room. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. A special mention to all the staff on reception but especially to Malinda who was brilliant and we cannot thank her enough for all she did for us. Shantelle was so much fun whilst serving us in the restaurant and on the beach. The staff here really do deserve praise because they make the holiday perfect. I just hope that the hotel owners realise what excellent staff they have. A short walk from the hotel takes you down "The Gap" with it's many bars and restaurants where you meet the friendly locals. It is one of the most safe places to walk out at night. This wasn't our first trip to Barbados, but it was definitely the best.If you want perfection this is one place to visit

Room Tip: Try to get an Ocean front suite on the 5th floor or above. Book hotel for bed and breakfast as there...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travel2Blackpool
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear travel2Blackpool,

A warm thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We are all truly delighted that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience, as this is what we continuously strive to achieve.

We are all truly delighted and honored to read such glowing remarks of the stellar service provided by our team. At Ocean Two, we place a strong emphasis on training and development; as such it gives us great pride to know that our guests such as yourself truly appreciate the excellent service they received. Your lovely comments have been relayed to all staff members mentioned and certainly to the entire O2 team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two Resort & Residences soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!