“excellent stay”

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
“excellent stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family stayed at Ocean 2 for 2 weeks and found the whole experience to be fantastic. We had a 2 bedroom suit which overlooked the beach. The rooms were large spotlessly clean and really well appointed (although the addition of a tea pot would be useful for us Brits who love our tea!). The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The beach itself was beautiful and felt very private (although none of the beaches in Barbados are private), being able to use snorkels, bougie boards, flippers as we wanted was a real bonus. The sea was fine for swimming in - sometimes the waves were large but the water was not deep and we had great fun splashing around. The beach next door (technically the same beach but you have to walk around the corner) had a large sand bar which meant there was always a patch of sea that was very calm with no waves for anyone that want to just wallow in the beautiful warm sea!
The pool was also great, although not huge - being split into 3 sections meant we always had a pool to ourselves, even if there was someone in the other pools. We particularly enjoyed watching the sunsets on the beach and seeing turtles heads popping up in the water.
A big thank you has to go to the hotel for putting on the crop over party - a fabulous night which has given us a lot of happy memories (the coconut drinks , the fire eater, dancing with all the other guests, the bands and Red Plastic Bag!!). We also really enjoyed the BBQ on the beach on Sunday nights with the steel band - the food was delicious. Thank you Ocean 2 for a wonderful stay - we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: sea view is a must!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank vixnewland
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear vixnewland,

A warm thank you for sharing this glowing review of your recent experience at Ocean Two Resort & Residences! At Ocean Two we place a strong emphasis on providing consistently excellent service and ensuring that our guests depart happy and highly satisfied with their holiday experience and from your comments it seems like we certainly hit the mark!

Thank your for highlighting our well-appointed suites, immaculately maintained property and our commendable team. We are especially pleased to know that you had an enjoyable evening at the O2 Kadooment Fever!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
stockport
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Staying at the O2 for 2 weeks, only a couple of days left, very sad to leave. A beautiful hotel, great staff including Mike, Oneal, Joanna, Shontelle and Anika, but there were many more. Congratulations on employing such lovely people. The views and location are amazing and the 1 bedroom ocean front suites have every amenity, and are spotlessly clean and just perfect. I will certainly recommend and hopefully will be back.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank daz1967Stockport
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear daz1967Stockport,

A warm thank you for sharing this review of your Ocean Two holiday experience! It is such a great pleasure to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

At Ocean Two we place a strong emphasis on the training and development of our team, therefore it gives us great pride when guests such as yourself comment on the stellar service they received.
Your lovely comments have been relayed to all team members mentioned!

We trust that you will continue to enjoy your stay here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two in the near future !

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at Ocean Two in July for 10 days, in a one bedroom suite. I have nothing but positive things to say about this place and would highly recommend it if you are thinking of staying on the South side of the island.

Accommodation was first class in my opinion. The room was very modern and sleek. Comfortable bed. Great TV with lots of channels and great bathroom and "rain shower". The staff were attentive, welcoming, and nothing was ever too much trouble through our stay. We had a toddler with us and the establishment proved to be very child friendly (as did Barbados in general).

The beach, in my opinion was among the best on the island. Clean, quiet, great loungers, and on most days we found that the water was calm enough for swimming. The staff bring you lovely cold face towels every so often. We visited beaches all over the Island, and concluded that this beach was as good as anything else we experienced.

A minute away from the hotel is a well stocked convenience store and with the suite's fantastic kitchen, we were able to easily cook our own meals. We did not really use the in-house dining as it looked a tad pricey, so I can't comment on that, but Saint Lawrence Gap is only a few minutes away meaning you have a lot of restaurants to choose from.

So if you are off to Barbados and this is on your shortlist, go for it - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank BM_LADYWELL
Dear BM_LADYWELL,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your Ocean Two Resort & Residences holiday experience! It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests and we are all truly delighted to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable for the entire family.

We thank you for highlighting those amazing features and qualities that together create the unique and memorable Ocean Two holiday experience, such as our well-appointed suites, favorable location and excellent team.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Ocean Two soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I visited Ocean Two for our anniversary (22 July). We stayed at Ocean Two from 19 – 26 July. I gave O2 a 5 because my two quibbles are in no way big enough to knock this stellar resort down to a 4. We could have stayed anywhere on the island, but for so many reasons (location, the beach, the modern appeal) we chose O2. I contacted the resort prior to getting there about our anniversary. I was told we got a complimentary bottle of either champagne or wine (I forget which), but we never got anything. The day was not even acknowledged. None-the-less, this did not deter us and we still had a great stay and are definitely returning!! We are planning to bring the whole family on the return trip!
LOCATION
Ocean Two is located at East end of the St. Lawrence Gap. It is situated on a great stretch of beach that is protected by a rock barrier to prevent erosion. It’s on the southern end of Barbados so you have the beautiful hues of blue from the Caribbean side AND the good waves from the Atlantic side all rolled into one. All of the various restaurants, bars and clubs of the St. Lawrence Gap are in walking distance of Ocean Two. The location is safe and you can walk around the streets without fear or worries should you choose to wander about Barbados on your own.
SERVICE
The service at the resort was great. Outside of the Anniversary snub, we had no complaints with the service provided. The resort does an excellent job of keeping guests informed of the happenings around the resorts. We received notes about the manager’s cocktail party, movie night, new guest orientation and everything else that happened during our stay. The front desk staff was very helpful with anything we requested. They arranged a few tours for us with no problem as well. Whenever we called to request something to the room, someone was literally there within 3 minutes or less. It was almost a if they were standing at the end of the hall waiting for someone to need something! LOL. In all of my hotel stays around the world, I have NEVER had such responsive service. They were OUTSTANDING! The most helpful to us were the water sports guys (I did not get the name), Shantell in the pool area and Melinda (sp) at the front desk.
ROOMS
The rooms in Ocean Two are gorgeous! The room is actually what made us decide on Ocean Two. My husband and I were torn between O2, Sandy Lane, Bougainvillea and Crystal Cove. I couldn’t stomach the idea of the antique wooden southern front porch looking furniture offered by the others. I loved the modern appeal to the rooms. We stayed in the 1 bedroom kitchen suite. All of the appliances we needed were there. We made our own breakfast in the room on most days and ate on the balcony overlooking the water. The beds were comfortable and we slept great in them. The lounger on the balcony was great as well. We spent time out there every night. I think everyone has covered the massive shower. They didn’t exaggerate! It’s huge and the double sinks were great for my husband and I to have our own space in the bathroom.
GROUNDS/FACILITIES
The resort grounds are kept very clean. There is always someone around picking up things or tidying up. The resort keeps fresh beach towels on the chairs so that all you have to do is pick a chair and enjoy your time. I love the open air lobby option. They have glass doors that close, but they were always open during our stay. It’s a great view, right through to the ocean, when you enter the hotel. The pool is very nice and pool bar is lovely as well.
HOUSKEEPING
The only other complaints about the resort are from housekeeping. While they cleaned the room daily I couldn’t help but to notice that they cut some corners. This is the ONLY reason I say O2 is a 4.5 instead of a 5. A few ants had gotten into the room and while they (O2 staff and housekeeping) were prompt to handle it, they should have sprayed the room down daily to prevent them from returning. Also, I am a darker skinned female, so my make-up is brown and very visible on a white towel. After applying my make-up one day I left the towel on the sink. When I returned to the room it was clean and we knew the housekeeping staff had been there. Later that evening when I went to pick up a hand towel from the rack, it had my brown make-up on the back of it. It was just folded and turned around and placed back on the rack. I didn’t like that. I don’t think housekeeping should cut corners with sanitation. Other than that the room was made up nicely each day as normal.
Overall, O2 is the best resort on the island in our opinion…and we got to see the whole island! I highly recommend O2. I’m a travel agent and I have already suggested O2 to one of my clients.
Shannelle Datcher

Room Tip: 7th Floor room had great views and was high enough to be private!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CinnamonD
Dear CinnamonD,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent Ocean Two holiday experience! At Ocean Two we are dedicated to providing our guests with excellent service; as such we greatly appreciate all feedback as it helps us to recognize any areas that we may need to improve upon to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced whilst here with us. We appreciate the opportunity to remedy any issue or inconvenience while our guests are with us and wish that you had raised your concerns while on property. We have taken your comments very seriously, as the incident you have described is not in keeping with our brand standards. Your comments have been addressed with the Front Office and Housekeeping teams and remedial actions has been taken to ensure that these occurrences will not be repeated in the future.

Overall, it appears as though you had a truly enjoyable stay with us and we thank you for highlighting our excellent location, well-appointed, modern suites and the excellent service provided by our team! We thank you for your high recommendation and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the not so distant future!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just returned from a family holiday (we went out in July and returned 5th August). This is an excellent hotel and the staff go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your holiday. The rooms - in particular the ocean view suites - are very impressive. Generally speaking there are a lot of little extras that make your holiday more enjoyable - such as complimentary beach towels all the time, always being able to get an extremely comfortable sun bed, bath robes in your room and the staff bringing you iced water, cold towels, ice lollies and cool sprays at intervals during the day.

All the staff are helpful and courteous. As other reviews have mentioned O'Neill and Micheal are great at organising water sports - things like belly boards, snorkelling and kayaks are free, other things you have to pay for. We loved Shantelle, Aneka (an intern who was excellent) and Roderick and also the girl who checked us in - unfortunately I can't remember her name, but she was great. I couldn't fault any of the staff to be honest.

The area is not as exclusive as other places in Barbados - but probably more reflective of what Barbados is like culturally and there are plenty of places to go in St Lawrence Gap if you want a drink or a meal.

Another plus is that there are actually turtles on that beach which you can see if you look closely from your balcony just before sunset. Sometimes the sea is quite choppy however you can walk around the corner and it is much calmer.

All in all a great hotel which really lives up to its online persona.

(Goddard family August 2014)

Room Tip: All ocean front rooms are breathtaking - however levels 2 and 3 might not have such a good views - w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank goddards2014
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear goddards2014,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent holiday experience at Ocean Two Resort & Residences. At Ocean Two we strive to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience which exceeds their expectations, and from your wonderful comments it seems safe to say we achieved this.

We thank you for your kind comments regarding our well-appointed suites, amazing ocean views, and our commendable team. It is also pleasing to know that you truly appreciated all of those little extras, which all comes together to create the memorable O2 experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 day visit for my birthday. The hotel was wonderful. The location is great, not far from the airport and the setting spectacular, overlooks the beach. The suite was beautiful, very clean and modern. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. All in all, one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarianneKiendl
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear MarianneKiendl ,

A warm thank you for sharing this brief but glowing review of your recent experience at Ocean Two Resort & Residences. We place a strong emphasis on providing excellent service and ensuring that our guests leave happy and highly satisfied with their holiday experience and from your comments it seems like we certainly hit the mark.

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon, perhaps for next year's birthday celebrations!

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Book this hotel. It is the best on the island. Every member of the staff is warm, welcoming and helpful. O'Neal, the manager of the pool and beach area, will see that you get everything you want. The resort is pristine and the rooms are stylish and immaculate. The splendid array of restaurants in The Gap is a short walk away.

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank WendyandBruce
Dear WendyandBruce,

Many thanks for sharing this glowing review of your recent Ocean Two experience! It is an absolute pleasure to know that you had such a wonderful holiday here with us, thoroughly enjoying all aspects of your stay.

Your lovely comments have been relayed to the entire O2 team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#11 of 50 in Christ Church Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,941 reviews

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!