“Awesome Beachfront Accomodations”
Sapphire-Beach-211-71.jpg
Sapphire-Beach-211-13.jpg
Bagno-3.jpg
Sapphire-Beach-211-75.jpg
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

KSHCMC6
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome Beachfront Accomodations”
Reviewed 7 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

211 Sapphire beach had it all. It truly is a "beach front" property-the photos do not lie! We booked through Blue Sky Rentals and everything about the condo and service exceeded our expectations. The condo was clean, very well equipped and beautifully decorated. The 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms were perfect for our family of 2 adults and 4 kids. The Master bedroom was oriented to maximize the ocean view. We would turn off the AC at night, open the windows and listen to the waves crashing on the beach. We loved the location. Tons of awesome restaurants from fine dining, pubs to tasty street food all less than a 15 minute walk through St. Laurence Gap. We alway felt safe walking around the area to and from dinner. We really liked being on the second floor. We could relax on the balcony and hear and watch our kids play on the beach or pool. We took surf lessons on our beach from Berry's surf school just next door and it was excellent. We would most certainly stay at Sapphire Beach 211 again.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, condo and ocean!
Liked least: We are runners and had a hard time finding good places to go for a run.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
8 Apr 2016
Sapphire Beach Condos are the perfect spot for a family holiday and we are so pleased that you will return and allow us to host you again! Thanks so much for taking the time to review #211 and we look forward to your return!!
Ashby1Lov...
Converse, Texas
“Beyond our Expectations!!!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I just wanted to leave a review of this property as I have recently returned from there on Aug 6. Sapphire Beach Resort itself was beyond my expectation. Beautiful property with amazing atmosphere. The unit (211) was a dream for myself and my wife. It made our anniversary even better to be accommodated in such a beautiful home. There was/is nothing that I could have complained about. From the staff to other residents to the security - everyone and EVERYTHING was tremendous. I will FOR SURE be utilizing TravelKeys and FLIPKEY facilities again if the others are remotely anything like Sapphire Beach 211. Kudos to homeowners of this resort. Cheers!!!!

Signed
"Wishing I had me a 211"

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was just like the pictures
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Aug 2015
WOW - Awesome review! Thanks so very much for your feedback. It is always touching for us to be involved in making memories for our guests as well as providing service beyond expectation. Congratulations and we do hope to see you and your wife for your next anniversary!
SAT_74
Oakville, Canada
“Definitely Worth Your Consideration”
Reviewed 15 October 2014 for a stay in November 2013

I surprised my wife for her birthday (see Pasciiii's review of this resort in Nov. 2013) by taking her and my 19 month old baby girl to Barbados. Her sister & boyfriend also joined us and helped me in the hatching of the surprise.

I had originally planned on renting a house about a 10 minute walk from the beach on the west coast. That didn't materialize because of booking conflicts and availability. Very luckily I got referred by a colleague at work to one of his friends who was working in the travel industry in Barbados. She suggested Sapphire Beach condos.

I had a look at the site and having never been to the Barbados I really didn't know what to expect. I liked the immediate proximity to the beach and the fact that the rental had three rooms, nice looking kitchen and onsite security. As I look back the proximity to the beach (i.e. right on the beach) I now know it was integral to our stay going as well as it did. With our daughter being so young it was very nice to be able to turn on a dime and get back to the room if required (diapers, tiredness, hungry etc).

In summary...The place is fantastic. It's clean, secure and literally on the beach...it has two nice pools at the back as you walk out of the property rear gates to the beach as well. This was nice for me to play in the water with my baby who at first had some mixed emotions to the beach...which as any parent will tell you was a short lived aversion that then turned into an addiction to the beach!

The unit had three bedrooms. A master, an almost master and a bedroom with two twin beds. The master and almost master both had great en suite washrooms with showers. The third bathroom had a full bath and shower and was next to the third bedroom.

The kitchen had everything required to cook meals and the living area was comfortable.

There are a washer and dryer inside the suite, wifi, phone..the works. All the comforts of home.

So I'm not an expert...but I did travel to the Crane resort (east) and to the west to compare the beaches. I found the Crane to be very overrated during my 2 hour visit...and the beach was rough. I'm about 275 lbs and the waves at one point knocked me clear off my feet. Not fun.

The West side is very nice, but I didn't spend a lot of time there to make any real valid comparisons. It is often compared to the Dover area so I'm sure there are a load of options there.

Dover Beach...where Sapphire is situated was just awesome. I never saw the ocean rough at any point during the stay. It's gorgeous...period.

The surrounding area has loads of shops and places to eat and you are in a good position to go into Oistins, Bridgetown or the West island if you want to rent a car.

I'm considering returning to the Barbados this year again...and let me tell you...this place has really coloured my options for returning. It's a yardstick that's going to prove very tough to match.

The staff were very friendly. Anita went above and beyond to help out when we were delayed arriving (customs and then rental car challenges at the airport) by helping guide us into the facility through my confusion (yes I'm a man and I'm stupid about directions at night).

Only item we encountered was some leakage from the shower door onto the floor in the almost master and master bathrooms. The shower doors just needed better seals added to the bottom of the shower doors. Towels sufficed for us to control the water spilling out and the manager was notified about the deficiency.

This place is not cheap, but it's certainly competitive for this type of offering. If you have two couples with 1-2 kids it's a perfect option that becomes very cost effective. I could not recommend it more...

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
28 Oct 2014
Thanks so very much for the fabulous review. It is always a pleasure for us to be able to have played such a part in helping to make your holiday memorable. Sapphire Beach is a special place indeed and Anita and her staff keep the individual condo units in top shape - a real home away from home! It would be a pleasure to host you again on your next family getaway - we look forward to seeing you soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing