“2/3rds right jsu need to get the other 1/3rd”
Review of Ocean 15 Hotel

Ocean 15 Hotel
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Well 10/10 accommodation, food 10/10, atmosphere nothing, manager of ocean 15 a wonderful lady she will go far always a smile, bar staff nothing I am sorry but that is how it was please focus and ask yourselves why most nights empty , I would recommend ocean 15 to anyone a massive improvement from ocean 11 but if you could re create the personalities they had behind the bar you will have the best place in the gap .

Room Tip: All excellent except room 5 studio no view due to canopy too high
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

10/10!!!! Thanks so much for your review!
As a young hotel (almost two years under the new ownership), we have made major strides in our service. We continue to work on improving that service as we seek to achieve a 10/10 rating in all areas! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again at Ocean 15.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Been going to Barbados since 1996 and have stayed in many places.Stayed here when it was Oceans 12 and through ownership change,was very worn out. Stopped by January 2011 after the renovation was done and WOW what a difference and the new owners are very nice.
The wife and I are returning for the month of February(2012) , can't wait , minus 31 here in Canada now.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barbadosrules

Kudos to the Canadian possee!!!
Thanks for choosing us over and over and we are glad that you are enjoying the new and much improved Ocean 15 Hotel. De Luxe for less!!

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I spent four(4) nights, at Ocean 15 Hotel. It is a small but well equipped, well located hotel. It is amidst the larger hotels like Ocean 2, opposite Turtle beach and Almond beach yet you'll see guest from nearby hotels visiting the restaurant/bar.
The rooms are big and clean with private balconies, there is a small pool with a swim up bar, however if you want peace and quiet do not stay in a room on the first floor, facing the road and/or close to the entertainment area, as I did. The beach is just 2 minutes from the hotel.
The manager, receptionists and other staff are quite friendly and accommodating. I needed a special arrangement because my husband had exams at Cave Hill so could not stay over every night, I thought this would have been a problem but it was not. The cleaners are timely, too timely if you want to sleep late. i would recommend the fish and salad. I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you do not want to be in the limelight, don't choose a ground floor room, but if you want to...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

We are glad that you enjoyed our rooms, staff and overall Ocean 15 experience. Our small size allows us to relate closely to our guests and to seek to cater to their personal needs.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope that your husband has been successful in his exams at UWI, Cave Hill!

Reviewed 8 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Ocean 15 from Nov 30th - Dec 5th, based on a recommendation from one of my friends and I must say I was not disappointed at all. When we got into our room which was room 1 the place was so amazingly clean I thought we could have eaten of the floor, just to give some indication as to how clean it was. They also have daily room service which will come and neaten the room, change the towels and wash the dishes.

I must admit that the room was not very big but its just the right amount of cozy. However, room 1 is situated right by the bar area which can get somewhat noisy as they have jazz Thursday nights and karaoke on Friday and Sunday nights which usually go up until midnight and on some occasions may run a little later, but the front office will call to see if its bothering you or if it is ok for it to continue, which I found was very nice of them. So just for future reference if you like it quiet in the night ask for a room far from the bar area.

Next there is the food which was really good but I think my favorite part of the meal was the wonderful service you got from the bar staff. They were just so polite and eager to help and it just made the meal that much better. I also enjoyed the coffee bar which have a really nice caramel drink which does not have coffee in it.

Finally I would like to say that there are so many things good I could say about Ocean 15 like its great location, the nice pool that allows you to access the bar for drinks or the fact that all rooms have wireless internet access (and from what I've heard internet access in your room from other hotels is not standard so that was really good) but I wanted to end on what I saw to be a major positive factor pertaining to Ocean 15 and that is the three lovely ladies I met in the reception office. They were Terry, Cheryl and Kelly all very polite, pleasant and helpful individuals and I just loved the hospitality I got the entire period I was there. Even the security guards were amazing.

So i would DEFINITELY stay at Ocean 15 another time. It was nice!!!!

Room Tip: Like to be close to the action request room 1 Like it quiet and more private request a room upstair...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy-AnnD
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thanks ever so much for your very positive review of Ocean 15!
All the aspects which you highlighted are areas in which we aim to provide excellence of service in order to make your stay with us a memorable one.

We look forward to seeing you again in Barbados and at Ocean 15.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

My girl friend and I spent my bday weekend at Ocean 15 - Nov 12th - Nov 14th. The room was spiffy, the service was fabulous and the food was OOOh so great ( Damn that Chocolate cake!)
Its located at the end of the Gap but within 10 minutes walk of all the action...We couldn't have wanted anything better. 5mins to the beaches and hop and skip from the room into a sweet pool with swim up bar. A big Trini 'hail up" to Shane and Richard of Ocean who made the weekend a 10/10. See you all in 2012 'fuh Shure!!' OB

Room Tip: Room 8 was nicely tucked away for that good night rest after all the partying!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PheliaB
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

We always enjoy hosting a Trini posse however small it may be!!!
We are glad that you enjoyed spending your birthday with us and especially with Shane & Richard!! Looking forward to seeing you next year when an even bigger portion of our signature chocolate cake awaits you!
Thanks for choosing Ocean 15.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

It was a great weekend stay. Close enough to all the action but yet far away enough for peace and quiet. The food was superb. Make sure and try that chocolate cake too. Lovely beaches in walking distance along with mini mart to get all your grocery needs to cook something up at the apartment. Friendly staff. Special thanks to Richard!

Room Tip: There is a room close to the restaurant/bar area. If you really want quiet it could be a noisy eveni...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Thanks for your kind review. So glad that you enjoyed our signature chocolate cake which is done by our award winning pastry chef. Richard looks forward to seeing you again next year - think about joining us for New Year's eve which is sure to be a great way to start the New Year!

Reviewed 29 November 2011

While many hotels in the gap are overpriced and un-kept Ocean 15 is well maintained, super clean and a bargain. I just checked out of there today and have never been so eager to write a review of the job well done at Ocean 15. Kudos to all the staff! Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There is Karaoke on Friday and Sunday evening which is quite loud so do request a room away from the...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Ocean15Barbados, Public Relations Manager at Ocean 15 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thanks Helen for your kind comments. It was indeed a pleasure hosting you at Ocean 15 and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Please note that our evening events like Karaoke and Jazz all end around 11 p.m. in order to allow our guests to have a good night's rest.

Thanks once again for choosing Ocean 15.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
The Palm Garden Hotel
The Palm Garden Hotel
#3 of 3 in Worthing

Been to Ocean 15 Hotel? Share your experiences!