“Don't miss this one!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
“Don't miss this one!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

One thing I can say about Shakers... Consistent. I've been coming here for years and they never fail to serve amazing food in generous portions with a smile!! It's slightly off the beaten track but definitely worth it. It's great value too. The ribs are legendary and the catch of the day is always cooked to perfection. Thanks Amy & hubby.... You helped make our holiday a fab one again. No trip to Barbados is complete without a trip to Shakers!!

3 Thank Jo P

Chicago
“AAAAAWWWWFFFFUUUUULLLLL!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I can't understand why anybody thinks this place is good. I never give bad reviews on here bad I have to say that this place is the worst. The only reason I went to this place was because my concierge at the Hilton recommended it and said it was great. You would have to be drunk to think that this is a good place for food. The food was the equivalent of heating up a microwaved dinner bought at Wal Mart. Overall, I thought Barbados in general was not great. Way Way Way overpriced food at all restaurants. The beaches were average at best. I visit the Cayman Islands often and they have a wonderful beach and very reasonable prices for food at very nice restaurants. I will never go back to Barbados or Shakers for that matter. I tell all of my friends who travel to never visit Barbados or Shakers either. I can only hope that I have saved someone from having a horrible experience on an overrated and overpriced island with this review. Go the Caymans and enjoy Seven Mile Beach instead. It is incredible.

8 Thank wkb12345
Radlett, United Kingdom
“Good Nosh Not Posh!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Well worth a try. Good hearty food. Good size portions and very pleasant staff. My fish was beautifully cooked with a choice of sides. This was the best value evening meal that I had whilst on a two week holiday. Hidden away but well worth discovering. Many of the locals use this little informal eatery. Not a fancy place - flip flops, shorts and a vest and you're overdressed! Enjoy!

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
“The Best Grilled Fish 'n' Ribs!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Heard about this place from a local and so glad. What a find! Off the main strip but lots of atmosphere, great value and food is superb. The grilled catch of the day is some of the tastiest fish I've had on the Island, simply and perfectly cooked. The ribs and BBQ sauce amazing. Service could not be better, the waitress did so much to make us feel welcome. Became a firm favourite with the family; loved the place! Will be back for sure.

1 Thank Mark T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have to try this place!!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Shaker's is a hidden gem in Barbados. The food is great!!! It's located off of the main strip and we heard about it from a family friend. The rum punch is one of the best I have has on the island. The ribs and grilled fish are excellent. The prices are good too. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays.

1 Thank William S