Cobblers Cove
Cassandra 2 Beach Apartments(Speightstown)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$175
  • Beachfront
Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa(Saint Peter Parish)(Great Value!)
US$155
Travelocity
US$432
Hotels.com
Saint Peter's Bay(Saint Peter Parish)(Great Value!)
US$1,090
US$539
Hotwire.com
Legend Garden Condos(Lower Carlton)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$126
Lantana Resort(Weston)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$188
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
US$728
US$618
US$917
US$423
Orbitz.com
All reviewscobblerafternoon teaother gueststhe general managerwater skiinghis teamwater sportssmall hotelocean frontcocktail partyyear after yearcharming hotelenglish country housesandy lanerelais chateauxhis wifethe west coast of barbados
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

As you'll gather from the other reviews, Cobbler's Cove is a special place. There are all the little touches you would expect in a hotel like this – what I want to add is how special the staff are. From day one they could not have been more helpful. It's cliché, but really, nothing was too much trouble.

This isn't the shiniest, glitziest hotel on the island (I'm sure there's a Marriott or Hilton with all the personality of a washing machine somewhere) Cobbler's is a home from home in the sun. The restaurant staff have managed to get that perfect balance of letting their personalities come through without crossing the line into over-familiarity. They are not deferential robots, they are human beings who enjoy helping their guests have a great holiday.

The restaurant is stunning (you will gain weight!). One of our dinners (blackened “haul of the day”) will go down as one of those perfect meals we'll never forget.

A few tips...

Walk 10 mins into Speightstown. There's a local supermarket with cheap beer, snacks and sunscreen for the beach.

Out the hotel and right (about 10 mins drive) is a nice restaurant called Lone Star, just past it is a little beer bar called Ju Ju's (I think that's the spelling). There is no sign so you'll have to ask. It's small and basic but friendly with a good mix of locals and vacationers. Great place to chill and watch the sunset.

Room Tip: Near the road can be a bit noisy I think.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gary W
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Have just returned home from our second trip to the fabulous Cobbler's Cove. Impeccable service from staff who seem genuinely happy to help - whether it's booking a restaurant, excursion or ordering a drink by the pool. The friendly staff couldn't do enough for us to make our stay relaxed and enjoyable. The restaurant served delicious food and you just can't beat the semi-alfresco dining with the beautiful views of the sea & especially the awesome sunsets. The Hotel itself is set on a stunning stretch of beach - with crystal clear warm water and white sandy beaches - picture postcard perfect. There was also a small coral reef close to the shore - no need to go out on a boat trip to see the marine life - although we did take the hotel boat on a short trip to swim with sea turtles (a bit crowded with other tourists) but magical nevertheless! Rooms at Cobblers were spacious with large balconies for private sunbathing and relaxing - perfect if like us you like a bit of solitude. We even squeezed in a few games of tennis although didn't quite make it into the gym! Can't wait to go back to Barbados - wld def stay at Cobbler's Cove again - it has everything we look for in a hotel - excellent service & food, great beach & pool, great location & large rooms, plus you get the attentive service you just don't get with larger impersonal hotels.

Room Tip: Sea front rooms have stunning sunset views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NatLeslie
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a true small gem. The rooms and the food were exquisite. The people were exceptional. The only issue is that the beach is small in terms of sand, you usually can't lay out on it and the pool area gets a bit crowded. But, the beach is lovely, a bit rough at times, with an exceptional water sport staff, so you can do a lot of fun things, like swimming with the turtles. Barbados' water is not that crystal color of Carribean Sea islands, but very nice. We even saw monkeys on our roof! We never explored the town, but was very happy at Cobblers with our two children.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank xalerusa
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel in February and was warmly greeted on my first day by Scarlette, the Resident Manager. From then on, my expectations were totally exceeded, from the personal attention that I received everywhere, to the warm smiles from all staff, including the housekeeping staff and gardeners. My first night, I had arrived very late after a very long flight from Canada. Not wanting to get changed to go to the restaurant (which is amazing BTW), the Maitre D' personally delivered the dinner menu to me and said they would deliver a full meal from the menu to my room. My two nights at the restaurant were so incredible and memorable. The restaurant is literally right on the beach, so the setting and ambience is perfect. Very romantic for couples!! The waiters are efficient and helpful, extremely courteous and very accommodating. I loved spending a leisurely time there, enjoying my dining experience by the sea! One afternoon when I arriived back at the hotel mid afternoon, having not had a chance to get lunch, the restaurant staff went out of their way to prepare a small but delicious lunch for me to tide me over until dinner. Rooms are a good size and very comfortable. My only suggestiion would be to upgrade the room amenities both in the bedroom and the bathroom. This is a luxury resort hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a private retreat in Barbados. The hotel is totally secluded from the road and the gardens are beautiful and extremely well maintained. Security is visible and reassuring for single travelers like myself. I am looking forward to my next stay at Cobbler's Cove!! :) Thank you for a wonderful stay!! Lorraine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorraine Y
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a lovely place to stay and it is largely down to the staff that the experience is so good . Every member of staff we met, from the maid to the maître d', made us feel welcome, were willing to advise or help and generally made us feel very much at home. We had a lovely 10 days.
This is a top hotel the one thing that needs to be stop t is people who put the books from the room out on the sun beds 7/8 am and return after lunch.
I would like to see that staff who dress the sunbeds in the morning remove the books etc..if the beds are not in use by 11am,to a place where they can pick it up later.This will give other guest also the chance to sit and have a sun bed.
You can clearly see that people who would normally never do this ,the feel that they also need to do this just to get a sun bed!!!
There is lovely evening entertainment three times per week and Sunday lunch time.
My suggestion is if there is no live entertament to have some music in the bar.
It can be a bit dull.
The champagne evening was very good and so
My suggestion is if there is no live entertaament to have some music in the bar,it can be a bit dull.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple