“Don't miss this gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

L'Attitude Beach Bar & Grill
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill, Mediterranean, Caribbean, Barbecue
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Discover this Hidden Gem on the Beachside overlooking the gorgeous Heritage Mural as well as the Caribbean Sea. This Oceanfront Grill is located right in the heart of Speightstown, behind Archer's Hall Design Centre and Jordan's Supermarket and opposite Dollarwise off the main stretch which is Queen's Street, Specializing in Grilled Fish, Prawns, Octopus as well as Lamb, NY Steak and Chicken. We also have Burgers & Burritos and a new children's menu that the kids will love to color. Offering ample parking and free beach chairs as well as free wifi, this is a lovely place to spend the day and we are a perfect venue for your Birthday Party, Office Get-Together or Beach Wedding. We are open Tuesday through Sundays 10 am to 5pm. 2 For 1 Happy Hour is from 3 to 5pm Weekdays. Join us for Dinner on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 5pm to 9:30 pm Sunday we have a great Steel Pan Band from 2pm til 4pm We are pleased to announce that the entrance lane is finally finished and looks wonderful. Please come and see us again soon! :)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't miss this gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

On the occasion of the sister-in-law’s birthday, while looking for a special place for a lunch celebration, we stumbled on an understated, quaint, mostly empty (Bajans aren’t big on lunch during off season and on the weekdays), place on the beach. A smiling, friendly chap, greeted us warmly and offered to make us special non-alcoholic drinks. Looking around for the kitchen – it was nowhere in sight, since all we saw were a couple of grills on wheels, and a small bar – before our eyes settled on a beautiful, historical mural, depicting the history of Barbados, I began to worry that a big mistake had been made – and I decided that the best way out of this potentially embarrassing situation was to use a straightforward approach. I told the friendly host that I believed we were at the wrong restaurant. He answered confidently, looking me straight in the eyes: “No you aren’t, let me get you some menus.” Once we saw the menus, offering a variety of items from the grill including mahi mahi, octopus, and shrimp, I relaxed a little and decided to take a chance…and then I noticed the historical mural (few business owners in Barbados show such respect for their adopted country), the creative setting, the peaceful beach (children’s laughter was in the distance - they were playing gleefully in the sea), the unpretentious, yet at the same time casually elegant atmosphere. Pierre brought our drinks – a delicious mango and strawberry concoction and asked for our cameras. He took the time, without being asked, to immortalize the occasion of my sister-in-law’s 76th birthday (the pics were gorgeous and just the right thing to show off with on Facebook!). Just as we were being tantalized by the aroma of our grilled meal (we all opted for grilled fish, my adventurous husband ordered octopus), Pierre asked us if we wanted to see our food cooking on the grill – it made another great photo. The meal was delectable – just the right blend of ingredients to make the tummy smile and please the most discerning palate. Before we left we found out that our friendly host was the former owner of the award winning Mango’s By the Sea – we had eaten there and we had in fact been looking for his new place when we stumbled on it and almost missed the gem because we weren’t looking for such a unique place. My husband and I were so impressed with the entire dining experience that we made a reservation to return the following evening for the first “dinner club” at L’attitude – featuring a prix fixe menu at $85 Bds and live entertainment. Add the evening surf, candlelight, and music and it was perfect for a romantic date night. Needless to say, the food did not disappoint. The service was personable, but more challenged with a packed house for dinner. We definitely will return and recommend it to friends!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
eley1888, Manager at L'Attitude Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear guest,
It was such a pleasure having you with us for your sister-in law's birthday. when at L'attitude. We strive to make it special. Your description of your time with us sums up what It is all about.
Having contributed in making your time with us pleasurable is why getting up in the morning such a pleasure as it gives us the opportunity to do it all over again.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon

London
“Another great lunch at L'attitude”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great venue, great fresh food and in a very different and unique setting- this place never disappoints! Only one problem- I'll have to wait until December before I'm back on the island and can visit again!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jo_cl
eley1888, Manager at L'Attitude Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
How time flies, your last visit felt like yesterday. Your next visit will be in the blink of an eye. Your comments are appreciated and that you shared with your friends your experience gives us an even greater smile. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
United Kingdom
“We love L'Attitude. Try it. You will too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Sorry I don't write many reviews but I do travel a lot and do rely on Tripadvisor when choosing where to stay and where to eat. I would hate my fellow tripadvisors to miss out because of the bad review below. Trust me we go to Barbados 2-3 times a year and always eat at L'Attitudes . It really is a brilliant beach bar and grill. The food is superb. It has a great atmosphere. The sea views are fabulous and for Barbados the prices are very reasonable . We have recommended it to loads of friends and family in recent years and they have all come back raving about it. Our son and his wife went to Barbados on honeymoon and said that was the meal that they enjoyed the most. The owner Pierre is a well known Restauranteur on the Island and yes he is a brilliant host and fascinating character. He is totally committed to the Barbados we all love and to promoting it's tourism and culture and maintaining the highest of standards. And ...oh yes .. I nearly forgo .. he also makes great cocktails!, Do us all a favour Pierre . Ignore the guy below. Your customers know how good you are and what a great place L'Attitudes is.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jon-Bancroft_MBE
Dear Sir,
We thank you for taking the time in posting your impressions, and your experience at L'attitude.
We look forward to hosting you with your family again soon at our beach bar & grill.
We will have a few surprises for you on your next visit.
Your cocktails will be waiting
See you soon
Barbados
“As bad as it gets”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have posted a review of L'attitude twice already but it has been removed by Trip Advisor. The owner responded to the second review and to add insult to injury even tried to claim that we hadn't eaten there. This was our experience:
We went to this establishment because we wanted to try chef Gregory Austin's food but as it turns out he is no longer a part of the set up.
Access to it is down a dark alley that stinks of urine.
I can only concur with previous reviewers that the owner is indeed slimy and is clueless to the point where he finds it appropriate to stand at your table and drone on about himself endlessly when you would rather have time to yourselves to enjoy your meal.
But the meal was not enjoyable at all - the food was disgusting and not fresh. We paid the price for this twice - once with our digestive systems and once with the incredibly overpriced bill.
We will never return here to eat - we all agreed that it was one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had, but I will certainly be taking the owner up on his invitation to return as per his previous response, when we come back to Barbados in October and we will discuss the two days of our stay that were lost after eating his disgusting, stale food.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank newworldman81
eley1888, Manager at L'Attitude Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Newwolrman81,
It can only get better, Yes your review was removed twice and I was notified that there was a possibility you might repost. I am sadened by the apparent meal that did not meet your level of satsisfaction.( I still question the authenticity of the experience ) I am seeing that between the posts your date of visit changed as well.This makes it very difficult to inquire within, I am sensing a touch of venim in your posts, nevertheless your post is noted and Hopefully as you stated "we will revisit this when you return in october". By then more improvments will have occured and many other reviews.
Lastly we are very passionate about what we do and anything to improve both the venue and overall time spent with us is what we strive for.
I do hope you will appear in October and identify yourself after the experience. I am sure the tune n' tone will be different and pleasurable.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Shhh....I'll let you into a secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Don't go to Barbados without having a wander through Speightstown - a bustling old town and experience a warm and friendly step back in time to how the Caribbean used to be . If you go down onto the boardwalk overlooking the sea by the historic Barbados mural ( by the way if you love Barbados the mural is a must see ) you will find L'Attitude a simply amazing beach bar and grill . What a find this was . A real gem, right by the sea , relaxed atmosphere, brilliant food, , great service, surprisingly good value for Barbados and possibly Barbados' worst kept secret . Here we found was where the marketing manager of our hotel brought her family for Sunday lunch and where Michel Roux came for a relaxing meal when on holiday. Barbados we love you and The Cliff and The Lone Star thank-you so much you were stupendous but our best dining experience was L'Attitude. We highly recommend it especially the spiced up seafood spaghetti and ohh you just got to try Pierre's frozen mojitos .

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
eley1888, Manager at L'Attitude Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Barbados & Speightstown fan,
Taking the time to review and psir some general comments on Barbados, Speightsown's mural and largest piece of public art, and lastly our little humble beach bar & grill.
It is true and quite a urprise to visitors to see a celebrity just sitting there having lunch or soaking up some sun rays. Barbados is probaly one of teh only place where one can walk about and not feel harassed by fans or paparazzi's ( with the exception of yours truly ) I do willingly offer to take photos of our guests with their cameras or ours. Our goal and reason for being is to contribute to making your stay with us on the Island memorable. The great thing is that it is fun doing it.
So having a great meal, lunch or a simple mojito or coffee with biscotti is what we are all about..
Hoping that you and yoiur friends visit us again soon