Travelled mid to late November with small children.
1. Great weather even in off-season. Forecast said rain and clouds but if it rained, it was only for minutes per day then sunshine and beautiful weather. Lots of breeze so we were never sweltering hot but at times I found it too windy by the beach.
2. People and Staff were friendly. We always felt safe. The star friends were nice and tried to get people involved but I've been to other resorts in other countries whose entertainers were more animated, involved and made you feel extra special. Even on the bus ride there and back, we stopped by Memories in Cayo Coco and there was music and an entire team to greet/say goodbye to the guests arriving/leaving with dancing and even a mascot. It was much more low key (if anything) at the Daiquiri but that wasn't too important to me.
3. People complained that the rooms were run down but I stayed in the main building and the rooms were completely functional and acceptable. There was no beer in the fridge but water and two sodas every two days and that was more than enough for us as we were rarely in the room and drank the filtered water at the restaurants and bars. The room was cleaned everyday and towels were changed when needed. But see my room tip below.
4. The pool was clean and nice. It was during low season and half the hotel was empty so we got the pool to ourselves most of the time. There's a kiddie pool that goes below your knees and it was perfect for the little ones to play on their own there.
1. The food. Yes, there were lots of selection but it was repetitive day after day and all of it was just not seasoned or tasty. A big part of vacation for me is about food so this one was the one major upset of the trip. The mexican restaurant was the best of all the food there and breakfast buffet was good too. Skip the Cuban and Italian.
2. The bites. I didn't get that many but the little that I got was itchy. And others had it worst than me.
3. The beach had beautiful white sand but there wasn't much beach at high tide and there was always seaweed around. And it can get a bit too windy down there. Pilar was a nice day trip but again, don't go during high tide.
Overall, a good trip and the hotel and management was up to 4 star quality. Only real complaint was food but others are not as picky so I'd recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Iberostar, Holiday Gems, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo