Never happened to me in all times i have been to Cuba. You can't see the insects only the marks on your skin after !
I have pictures that i want to post but don't know how yet.
The hotel is ok, clean, people are nice, but i'm very nice to them too(tips, gifts, etc) the food is not good, i don't know what others are eating at home so that can say it's "very good". The food was good one night only on their 15 years anniversary of the hotel ! After 11 pm they are supposed to have at the buffet some food, i had to ask the cook to bring me some cheese from the kitchen so i can have a sandwich because one day only i had a hamburger and i vomited all night !
The meat on the cooking plate is cut in small strips so you can't see the whole thing only if u argue with them which i did every day& talked to the chef Jose every single day. He tried to accommodate me as much as he could but i didn't come on vacation to do that. Maybe that week(the first of december) was worst than usual.....I had a leak from AC in my room, had to wait 1 1/2 h to be be fixed, my shower had was rusty all over, had to be changed, another waiting period....
But the worst was the bites, my husband was covered in them, itchy all week, took Benadryl, lotions etc but my vacation was ruined because of that, couldn't go to beach or the pool much because of fear of bites, couldn't sleep either because of the itching, i was so tired&frustrated getting home but happy to leave !! I think that the hotel should do something more for that or worn us that is a bad period for the insects and also the company Air Canada should be responsible in some way& believe me the tickets were more expensive than other companies. So good luck to everyone going there maybe you don't experience any of this. And by the way they give you a bottle of water every other day& if you want more you have to pay for it as you have to pay for your safe which other "4*" hotels give you free. The maid like everywhere i was before did a good job but i always compensate them for that. The shows were good&music band in the lobby bar too but i wish i could have enjoyed all of that without the bites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Iberostar, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo