My wife and I traveled to Iberostar Daiquiri the first week of December. Our package was booked with Air Canada and went off without any hitches (Love the fact you can choose your own movies).
Arriving at the hotel around 8:30 p.m, I was not impressed with the check in phase as this took way too long, over 45 minutes for us to check in. I would like to suggest that the hotel does the same as Memories Flamingo Cayo Coco and have everything ready room wise and give the key cards and hotel info on the bus. After a day of traveling people just want to get to there room unpack, change and start the vacation with a nice drink to unwind and start relaxing.
Our room was clean, everything was working and the beds comfortable. The location of our room was in the Trinidad building 3rd floor a great location close to everything. The resort isn't very big with everything just a short hop skip and jump away. There are 2 pools for adults and 1 baby pool. All the pools were clean and well kept. In fact the whole hotel was well kept and clean. The lobby area has many places to just lounge around and either you could be with the crowd or by yourself. The house band was very good and they had a few different guests come in through the week which was a nice touch. There are 2 tennis courts and a decent gym and massage area.
The food was ok, we could always find something to eat although the selection was minimal and repetitive. The service in the restaurant and the bars was always top notch as the staff is very attentive and friendly.
The beach is beautiful and you can walk for miles. Early in the morning the beach is narrow but by 11:30 the tide changes the beach completely which allows you to easily walk around and enjoy to splendour of one of Cuba's beautiful beaches. There always seemed to be beach chairs available and I didn't notice people having to get up at 6 am to reserve one either. This could be because the resort was half full but I did notice a few stacks of beach chairs in the back.
This was our first trip to Cuba in December and the temperature was quite a bit cooler and very enjoyable, our trip in September was blistering hot. We had 2 hours of rain in the whole week and it took place all in the same day, so weather wise couldn't get much better.
My wife didn't have any problems with the bugs but I did return with at least 40 of them, especially painful in the ankle area. We did bring bug spray but it didn't seem to work. This is my only warning to anyone going to this resort.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Daiquiri and got an excellent deal at $634.00 each tax in. For the price we paid there was nothing to complain about just a suggestion for front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Iberostar, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo