“Perfect for relaxation at a good price.”
Review of IBEROSTAR Daiquiri

IBEROSTAR Daiquiri
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cayo Guillermo
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I traveled to Iberostar Daiquiri the first week of December. Our package was booked with Air Canada and went off without any hitches (Love the fact you can choose your own movies).

Arriving at the hotel around 8:30 p.m, I was not impressed with the check in phase as this took way too long, over 45 minutes for us to check in. I would like to suggest that the hotel does the same as Memories Flamingo Cayo Coco and have everything ready room wise and give the key cards and hotel info on the bus. After a day of traveling people just want to get to there room unpack, change and start the vacation with a nice drink to unwind and start relaxing.

Our room was clean, everything was working and the beds comfortable. The location of our room was in the Trinidad building 3rd floor a great location close to everything. The resort isn't very big with everything just a short hop skip and jump away. There are 2 pools for adults and 1 baby pool. All the pools were clean and well kept. In fact the whole hotel was well kept and clean. The lobby area has many places to just lounge around and either you could be with the crowd or by yourself. The house band was very good and they had a few different guests come in through the week which was a nice touch. There are 2 tennis courts and a decent gym and massage area.

The food was ok, we could always find something to eat although the selection was minimal and repetitive. The service in the restaurant and the bars was always top notch as the staff is very attentive and friendly.

The beach is beautiful and you can walk for miles. Early in the morning the beach is narrow but by 11:30 the tide changes the beach completely which allows you to easily walk around and enjoy to splendour of one of Cuba's beautiful beaches. There always seemed to be beach chairs available and I didn't notice people having to get up at 6 am to reserve one either. This could be because the resort was half full but I did notice a few stacks of beach chairs in the back.

This was our first trip to Cuba in December and the temperature was quite a bit cooler and very enjoyable, our trip in September was blistering hot. We had 2 hours of rain in the whole week and it took place all in the same day, so weather wise couldn't get much better.

My wife didn't have any problems with the bugs but I did return with at least 40 of them, especially painful in the ankle area. We did bring bug spray but it didn't seem to work. This is my only warning to anyone going to this resort.

All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Daiquiri and got an excellent deal at $634.00 each tax in. For the price we paid there was nothing to complain about just a suggestion for front desk.

4  Thank sunseeker058
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at IBEROSTAR Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Sunseaker058

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Daiquiri for your holiday in Cayo Guillermo Cuba, my pleasure to know that it was a Overall a great holidays, also many thank for take this time to write this positive reviews it will contribute for all person looking for information about the resort.
We hope to see you one again soon!
The Hotel manag

There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Daiquiri

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Do not go to cayo coco bugs will eat you alive no matter what u do and I'm not talking little bites I'm talking welts . Go to veradoro 100% better . Trust me you don't want to be on an island surrounded by stagnant water you will waste ur $$$$ and it will ruin your experience in cuba . We loved veradoro last year but after this trip in not sure we will ever return to cuba :( Witch is sad because the staff is excellent one member stands above the rest Dennis he works the bar during the day wine master by nite and then works the nite club to top it all off . Guy was awesome and out going to make our stay the best it could be . Thank Dennis

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank 5ofusgotchewed

Dear Sofusgotchewed,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments with your opinion about your experienced in our hotel Iberostar daiquiri; all comments contribute alert to take action in the aspect that influence the customer

we are relly apologice for the unconfortably experience during your recent stayed, how we can understand the more relevant were the bites of sandflies. This bugs you mention are common in this area and like in the rest of all this tropical islands. A kind of this little shadflies people here called "jejen" it´s en very uncomfortable. Reasons are always recommends using repellent on skin before going to the sand on the beach.

The effects of bite –jejen- usually do not prolong there effect, but when the people feel the itch and scratch causing this infection prolonging the healing time.

These bugs are usually germinated by seasons, so there is not always, but we recommend using appropriate repellent for these insects.

Hope to see you in better situation.

Regard,

The Hotel manager.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We (my teenage daughters, my Mom and I) were just at the Iberostar Daiquiri for a week Dec 8th to 15th. We stayed in Room #'s 4236 & 4242 on the 2nd floor in the "Varadero" units, which were ideally situated on the property, right behind the main hotel, and although they were somewhat dated, the beds were comfortable and they were clean and close to the beach and pool. The resort was not jam packed during our stay and you didn't have to walk miles to get from one place to another. We found the staff to be the most friendly, outgoing bunch and want to give say thank you to the people we had the opportunity to meet and get to know incl; servers and cooks as well as Mario, Didi, Arry, Kaylie, Kardos, Omar and Danny (from the Entertainment Crew - you all do such an excellent job and have such spectacular personalities your attentiveness and sense of humor made our week and by bragging about you to others, want you to know just how much we appreciated meeting you all!) Seidel and Aldennis were also very helpful, wonderful and friendly. You all contributed to us having a fun filled & memorable week and truly made us us feel welcome and comfortable. Hats off to you all for doing such a great job and we look forward to seeing you all again. The resort was clean and comfortable and the food was good (yes, I said good!) ;) All in all we couldn't have asked for a better week as the weather, rooms, food and staff were all exceptional. We have been to Cayo Coco previously and were reluctant to return; however, friends recommended the Daiquiri and we are glad we went. The staff named here definitely make this resort stand out and we will definitely return. Don't forget your wash cloths, bug spray in case the pesky no seem um's are out (they were not bad during our stay, except for the last day of our trip when there was no wind & they tended to be most bothersome by the volleyball net and that evening in the lobby. One thing we would like to recommend is that we did notice that there were no staff eating in the buffet restaurant during the times that we were there and we feel it would be meaningful to have had the opportunity to sit down with them to enjoy meals here, as we had been able to at La Marina Restaurant - our frequent lunch spot and we thoroughly enjoyed this interaction. For 5 pesos per person, we chose to take a cab to Pilar Beach where we rented lounge chairs for 2 pesos each. It was beautiful and we would recommend going there. We also went horseback riding (Donny was great) and to the spent some time at the next resort down (the Meila) where we all had spa treatments (incl. mud wraps and massages). The massages were done individually in a hut so although you have privacy your surroundings might be more outdoorsy, airy than you are accustomed to). Keeping in mind that you are in the Caribbean, it was a neat experience. I enjoyed it, however, some people may not. After being covered in mud, we walked around (waiting for the mud to dry before we showed off at the outdoor shower by the pool) and this was definitely an experience. We attended each show that was put on at the Daiquiri by the entertainment crew and dancers, and thoroughly enjoyed them all. This team sure puts on some great shows in comparison to some of the other resorts we have stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Carrie and Gord D

Dear carrie And Gord D,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Daiquiri hotel for your recent holidays in Cuba. Is a pleasure to read you had enjoyed a greet vacation with good quality of all services, as well thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your experience. Thank you for your high evaluation and considered this hotel appropriate for a relaxing vacation, great staff service and magnificent beaches.

Best regard

The Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Never happened to me in all times i have been to Cuba. You can't see the insects only the marks on your skin after !
I have pictures that i want to post but don't know how yet.
The hotel is ok, clean, people are nice, but i'm very nice to them too(tips, gifts, etc) the food is not good, i don't know what others are eating at home so that can say it's "very good". The food was good one night only on their 15 years anniversary of the hotel ! After 11 pm they are supposed to have at the buffet some food, i had to ask the cook to bring me some cheese from the kitchen so i can have a sandwich because one day only i had a hamburger and i vomited all night !
The meat on the cooking plate is cut in small strips so you can't see the whole thing only if u argue with them which i did every day& talked to the chef Jose every single day. He tried to accommodate me as much as he could but i didn't come on vacation to do that. Maybe that week(the first of december) was worst than usual.....I had a leak from AC in my room, had to wait 1 1/2 h to be be fixed, my shower had was rusty all over, had to be changed, another waiting period....
But the worst was the bites, my husband was covered in them, itchy all week, took Benadryl, lotions etc but my vacation was ruined because of that, couldn't go to beach or the pool much because of fear of bites, couldn't sleep either because of the itching, i was so tired&frustrated getting home but happy to leave !! I think that the hotel should do something more for that or worn us that is a bad period for the insects and also the company Air Canada should be responsible in some way& believe me the tickets were more expensive than other companies. So good luck to everyone going there maybe you don't experience any of this. And by the way they give you a bottle of water every other day& if you want more you have to pay for it as you have to pay for your safe which other "4*" hotels give you free. The maid like everywhere i was before did a good job but i always compensate them for that. The shows were good&music band in the lobby bar too but i wish i could have enjoyed all of that without the bites.

11  Thank Almabest
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at IBEROSTAR Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Almabest,

After read you review publicized, we will like firt to say, we are relly apologice for the unconfortably experience during your recent stayed, how we can understand the more relevant were the bites of sandflies. This bugs you mention are common in this area. A kind of this little shadflies people here called "jejen" it´s en very uncomfortable. Reasons are always recommends using repellent on skin before going to the sand on the beach.

Hope to see you in better situation.

Regard,

The Hotel manager.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Territory of the hotel is very beautiful. Large lobby is comfortable both for waiting for your bus to arrive and to have some coffee or a cocktail. There are several gift shops, sigar shop and many small open-air souvenir stores. Activities for both adults and children are run all day, there are also several billiard tables free of charge. Night show are held inside special building, so no noise is heard in the rooms.

Food is wondeful (you could hardly find the same among many hotels in Cuba)! It is served in main restaurant and in beach cafeteria all day long. Bar has good choice of rum and international drinks.

Rooms are spacious but rather time-worn. You could find some scratches or shabby items, though they don't influence functionality. Buidings don't have elevators, so you definitely need help with the luggage. First floor rooms have nice entrance to the lawn.

The beach is very picturesque, though it is rather small. Sand is amasingly white and soft, and ocean is impressively emerald. This zone is rather windy so many kite surfers come here.

Room Tip: Better ask for rooms in separate buildings, not in the main building. First floor rooms has no balco...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexandra_Alessandra
DirectorDaiquiri, General Manager at IBEROSTAR Daiquiri, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Alexandra?Alessa

On behalf all the hotel staff I will like to thanks you for choice Iberostar Daiquiri hotel for you recent holiday in Cuba, is a pleasure for us to reed it was a beautiful experience. Iberostar aims to provide to our beloved guests an excellent service so they can “enjoy being a Star”. We are glad to read that we accomplished our goal with you during your stay among us..

As well thank for the good description of the hotel and the service ofert, we hope to have you come back soon.

Best regard.

The Hotel Manage.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Note to Sandy C.- Go somewhere else and stay away from Cuba!!! Critical of everything. Wow, Poor you! We were at I.D. Dec.3-10 and really enjoyed it. Been to Cuba 7 times and staff here was nicest of all- restaurants, bar, etc. Resort is v. small so great for anyone who has difficulty walking. Rooms basic but everything worked and was very clean. Water pressure is low. Shower warm, not hot but okay. Pool is small but adequate. Lots of seating at pool and beach. Appreciated animators keeping activities low key and music not blasting. As for shows- these should be for adults, given the late start time. Kids should be in bed. Been to too many places where kids run around, spoil the show, and parents think they are so cute. Not the rest of us!
Spectacular beach, very shallow. Good food if you choose wisely. We'll go back..

5  Thank bonnie r

Dear Bennie r,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this positive comments reference your experience in your recent stay in our Iberostar Daiquiri hotel; our pleasure to reed you have enjoyed a good holiday with this reconfirm Dic. 2013 were a good time here. Iberostar aims to provide to our beloved guests an excellent service so they can “enjoy being a Star”. We are glad to read that we accomplished our goal with you during your stay among us..

We hope to see you again soon

The Hotel manager

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was a last minute decision for my husband and I. I have visited Cuba 18 times, 5 times to the Iberostar Daiquiri. It was wonderful. Our room was great, ocean view, which I requested in advance. The AC was quiet and very efficient. The staff, as always, were very attentive. Beach, what can I say.....fantastic. The house band are authentic Cuban, which I love. They also did a couple of evening of dueling bands, with the house band playing one number, followed by a great ladies group. You could not have asked for better entertainment. The Star Friends work so hard all day, and then give you their all for the evening show.

The previous review said they only saw spraying on a couple of occasions. They must have been sleeping, because we witnessed two spraying per day for the first few days, then, with the strong breeze, we did not see a need for spraying later in the week. We're lucky, I guess, because the bugs did not seem to like us too much. I brought bug spray, but never used it. I got a few bites, probably from sand critters, but they didn't bother me or spoil my holiday in any way.

Thank you, Iberostar........see you in April for more fun and dancing!

Cathy and Stu

Room Tip: We had room 4347 (3rd floor) in the Varadero building - ocean view, very nice.
3  Thank Sisters2

Melia Jardines del Rey
Melia Jardines del Rey
#9 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort

Been to IBEROSTAR Daiquiri? Share your experiences!