“Forget what you've heard about Cuba”
Review of IBEROSTAR Daiquiri

IBEROSTAR Daiquiri
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cayo Guillermo
Waterloo, Canada
“Forget what you've heard about Cuba”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Everything here was outstanding from the buffets to the restaurants to the exceptional beach. The staff were friendly and accommodating...they treat your kids like family. I wholeheartedly recommend it and I would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Choose an upper room with an ocean view if available
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank JeffGingerich
DirectorDaiquiri, Manager at IBEROSTAR Daiquiri, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear guest,

We are very honor to know you have such a great time and enjoy so much everything in general in our hotel.

This is a family hotel and kids are priority to us, so we are happy to know we show it to you.

Please be back very soon.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Where do I start.
Quick pleasant check in.
I had a clean unrenovated room, I suggest the upgrade with your tour operator when booking .
This wasn't my first visit and not my last.
Like many of the repeat the hospitality amazes me. There are new faces. There was a new show which I also enjoyed.
The grounds are beautiful and well kept.
The beach is perfect for me , clear , clean and always a spot.
The food can be repetitive but there is so much choice. I love the breakfast selection. This is a perfect beach for little ones as well. Excursions Pilar is a must . Also visit the city of Moron.
There are too many to mention all the wonderful staff. :) Thank you for making my vacation a great one.

Feel free to pm if you have any questions .
Lolita

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Lolita R
Dear guest,

We really appreciate you took the time to comment our hotel at Trip Advisor.

Make us very happy that once again you had a great vacation and enjoy so much our breakfast buffet and our beach.

Thank you for your comment regarding our staff, we know they are the soul of this hotel.

We hope to see you very soon; you are part of the Iberostar Daiquiri family.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We have visited this hotel every year for the last ten years!! Because of the dedicated employees it has become one of our favourites. Although many of the staff has changed some of the original ones are still there..they enjoy their job and it shows.
It's always nice arriving being welcomed by the reception staff..they are a special bunch ...then the Lobby Bar staff especially Ari..Yosvany..Daibel..Alifrey you guys are top notch!!!
Ceidel the bellboy always is there to greet us with a smile and make sure we have everything we need for a great vacation. If you do go make sure to take some time to speak with him ..he is very knowledgable and will answer many questions that you may have.
Junior is the public relations manager and is a great asset to this hotel..he always makes sure the guests are well looked after and will help with arrangements when planning special dinners..flowers..reservations ect. Thank you for always looking after us..we are forever grateful!!
The food was good and we always like the Mexican because we receive such great service from Liovanis...he makes the best special coffee!!
The beach..is stunning. Very shallow warm clear waters...and the sand is soft and like powder!
The rooms are basic but clean and the upgraded rooms are well worth the 40.00 extra...but make sure to upgrade when you book or they charge 30 Cuc per day at the hotel!!
This is not a 5 star hotel...but go with an open mind..treat the staff with respect...and you will have an unforgettable vacation.
The one thing management needs to consider is keeping the Lobby Bar open 24 hrs...like it used to be a few years ago!!
Will we return..most definitely!!! A special thank you to all the staff over the years that has made our vacations special in some way...

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Michele D
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for write a comment in Trip Advisor and share your experience at our hotel.

We are very glad to receive such a positive feedback about our staff, as we know they put all their energies every day in order to offer an unforgettable service to our guests.

Thank you for your tips for our future guest, we are finishing this year the rest of the planned renovations, so be sure your will have more special vacations in the future.

We will pass your comments to all staff u have named, we aer sure they will appreciate.

Hope to see you every year for another 10 years.

nova scotia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I visited this resort April 9-16, and here is a review of what we thought. It was my 7th trip to Cuba and hubby's second. There is nothing wrong with this place, just a little tired and a few things should be looked at. I gave up carrying my convertor on my trips to Cuba a long time ago, because I never needed them, ...well you need them here...still has the old 220 wiring. We stayed in a standard room in the Santiago de Cuba Bldg., second floor. The room was just okay, how much time do you stay in your room anyway?? It was always kept clean by housekeeping.They did a great job, must say.Never got to meet them because they were always gone when we got back to our roomThe air conditioner in our room just barely worked , enough to keep you from totally sweating at night..The pool here is quite small and you have to reserve a spot very early...never played that game, the beach was better place to be anyway.Beautiful beach, but was very disappointed there was no beach bar there...just a place to eat where you could get drinks, but only between certain hours while they were opened.Another thing, There is no pizzaria to go to for lunch.Didn't care for the beach restaurant for lunch, so mostly went to the buffet. Food here was a little better, they work the best with what they have.We did all three a la cartes,and liked the cuban one the best.We also did the excursion into Moron city, which is called Moron plus...I highly recommend this, as we very much enjoyed ,every bit of it, thanks to Jose our tour guide...check it out, you won't be disappointed.We also took a taxi down to Playa Pilar for 5 cuc each, they will come back for you whenever you tell them too. In my opinion, this is the nicest beach I have ever been to, this was second time here, and I love it sooo much! The staff here were all great from the front desk to our rep and all the bar and wait staff...thanks for being so nice and helpful..The cuban people is what I keep coming back for!!

Room Tip: maybe rooms in the superior section would be nicer.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lovescubaNovaScotia
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time of visiting our webpage and leave your comments there.

It is always important to know the opinion of our clients because through their comments and suggestions we continually improve our services. We are actually working on the hotel renovations to offer a better service so our clients could feel even more comfortable once they visit us.
Thank you for having such a good opinion about our staff, we will pass your comments to all of them.

Hoping to see you again.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I had planned this trip in a years advance to celebrate the wedding of my Auntie and Uncle in Cayo Coco and I was beyond excited to visit what seemed like heaven.

Upon arrival, we were surprised by a private check in by pleasant staff members and traditional cuban dancers which began our holiday off on a high. Even though there was some confusion about rooms to begin, this was quickly sorted out and we were shown to where we would be staying for the next two weeks by a pleasant member of staff.

We stayed in the building 'Granma' which had reasonably nice rooms with basic facilites that had an authentic cuban touch. We also had a view of the glowing, white, sandy beach which left us speechless.

From the first night onwards we watched every night time show (that varied from broadway, cuban night, mr/mrs iberostar) which were stunning and this was simply down to how fabulous the entertainment staff were, I have to make a special thanks to some members of the 'Star Friends' Yari, Koki, Mary, Yadi, Didiy, Omar, Mario and Carlos for making us feel like part of their family. It wouldn't have been the same without them.

We ate most of the time in Buffet Guillermo which was constantly thriving with helpful waiters/waitresses especially Bernardo and Luis who took extra care of all 33 members of my family. Also I must mention Walter the steak chef who couldn't have treated us any better.

Due to the encouragement of the Star Friends we were constantly involved in fun holiday activites such as water polo, beach volleyball, archery etc which all individually were special and kept everyones spirits high.

Finally I have to mention the wedding which was more than anyone couldve asked for. Seeing the Bride and Groom marry on the beach couldn't have been more perfect and it couldn't have been possible without the endless help yet again down to the staff.

We have made some beautiful memories in the Iberostar Daiquiri and made some friends for life. I couldn't have asked for a better time. I enjoyed every second of the two weeks I spent there. I hope to return here and I would recommend this Hotel in particular to anyone who needed a relaxing get away. It was absolute perfection.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank blumser98
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

We are more than happy you had a great vacation and a perfect weeding in our hotel.
The members of our team tries to dedicate every minute of their time to look after our guests needs, they are a huge part of our success, we will pass your comment to all you mention on your comment, we are sure they will appreciate.

We are so grateful for you to choose us among so many other places.

We are very happy to know we fulfilled your expectations and we sincerely wish you to come back here again in the near future.

See you soon.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just home from an amazing 2 weeks for my sisters wedding. It was magical. The staff where so good helpful and nothing was to much. Special thanks to Walter in kitchen who looked after us. so well. Louis waiting on us at the pool and Dee Dee who was constant entertainment. Beaches are perfect. Beware of mosquito's. Definitely go back. Thanks for making our stay so perfect and my sisters wedding magical xx

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Nichola W
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments as well as for taking the time to visit our webpage.

We will pass your comments to the members of the staff that made your stay even more memorable.

We are very glad that you had such a good memory of your sister s weeding. We hope to see you all soon again.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

As A first experience of the Cayos, I found the Daiquiri magical and the staff were all pleasant and friendly at all times. The entertainment in the evening especially in MOJITO BAR was second to none, from Fidel, Alifrey, Becky (dancing and singing),Daibel, Jackie, Ari and Yosvany,
I met friends forever.
I cannot wait to come again and dance with Becky.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank david p
DirectorDaiquiri, Manager at IBEROSTAR Daiquiri, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear guest,

We are great full you enjoy so much our hotel and specially our staff.

Believe us Becky still dancing and singing around and waiting for you, you were a special one.
See you back home very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Guillermo
Melia Jardines del Rey
Melia Jardines del Rey
#9 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort

Been to IBEROSTAR Daiquiri? Share your experiences!