I have been going to the Iberostar Daiquiri the last week of November for the past 5 years for Kitesurfing: Cayo Guillermo is one of the best kitesurf spots in the world and a great flatwater spot.
The first few times I went, I noticed the food was much better than the usual fare in Cuba.
Also the rooms were nice, though a bit dated, especially the bathrooms. The rooms are in separate pavillions. For kitesurfing, reserve a room in a pavillion on the right side (facing the sea) of the hotel.
Last year (Nov 2013), fully one half the hotel was closed for renovations, and I'm anxious to see what was done. Unfortunately due to this reduced size, the food was not as great as usual, as there was much less choice. Hope this also gets fixed.
Only problem with this hotel , a very narrow beach, especially at high tide where there is almost no beach at all. Also a lot of seaweed.
But very quiet, no one to hassle you or try to sell you stuff.
Going back in November so I will update.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelbag, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Iberostar, Holiday Gems, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Daiquiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo