“another great holiday at the sol”
Review of Sol Cayo Guillermo

Sol Cayo Guillermo
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cayo Guillermo
Reviewed 5 May 2013

returned from the sol cayo Guillermo Friday after two weeks once again a great time was had by myself and my wife it was nice to see all the same staff as usual nothing was to mutch trouble so once again thanks to all the people at hotel and we will see you all next year

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Luis Alberto H, General Manager at Sol Cayo Guillermo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments and for recommending our hotel to other tripadvisor readers.

I am also glad to read that you had an enjoyable holiday and that you would definitely return to our hotel.

If that´s the case please do not hesitate to contact us in order to take personal care of your reservation and make sure you will receive all the ad values that as returning guest you are entitle to.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

This was my 4th visit to Guillermo in a year, and again fantastic ,the people are beautiful,they go out of their way to see that you are happy ,There is a new bar in the lobby which is a nice place to sit while waiting for your bus to arrive ,I met some people that ive spoken with on the Guillermo site for regulars, if your not on the site ,you will want to do this ,Weather was beautiful rained the day I was leaving ,Food not bad it is cuba remember,the lobster hut is a must ,I celebrated my 50th birthday with friends that I had met on the resort, we now travel together when possible, They really made my birthday a memorable event thank you sooo much I LOVE YOU ALL.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Luis Alberto H, General Manager at Sol Cayo Guillermo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for publishing and sharing, on the Trip Advisor, your opinions about your stay at Sol Cayo Guillermo.
We also thank you for choosing us, and we hope you continue trusting us many more times.
We appreciate all your complimentary comments about our hotel, and we feel very proud to receive these reviews.
We hope, and wish to seeing you soon in our paradise.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Travelled 19 May 3 April

Stayed at this hotel two years ago as soon as I arrived and walked through the reception and saw that lovely view of the pool and the beach I remembered why I came back it's just beautiful.

Stayed in room 816 fantastic room no problems and oh what a view.

Main bar area was fab didn't have to queue for drinks staff amazing and friendly and always with a smile on their face what more can you ask.

lobby Bar brilliant staff there are great and can't get the drinks too you fast enough excellent service. ( Could do with a bit of Air con in there as it does get very hot.)

Buffet restaurant great always clean plates & always plenty to eat & the service I found was great too .

I had something too eat in both a'la carte restaurants no problems very nice I also visited the snack bars yet again no complaints.

Entertainment staff excellent during the day love you Carlos. The shows was really good in the evening's and the dancers where amazing.

All in all My partner & I had an amazing Holiday met some amazing people would I return to this Hotel again most definitely I can't wait to go back.

Thankyou to all the lovely staff that made my Holiday so special & to all the people I met I had a brilliant time.

Finally when you go back to a Hotel after not being there for two years and the staff remember you and come and shake your hand and say welcome back that is priceless.

A final mention for the two lovely ladies in the bar that made my Coffee in a morning love you guys. X x x

missing you all

Jean & Jason x x x x

1  Thank happyPrestonlancs
Jose Antonio R, Director of Sales at Sol Cayo Guillermo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Customer

First of all, thank you very much for taking part of your time to write your comments on tripadvisor, we really appreciate it! we love enjoy having feedback from our clients, We hope to see you soon to Welcome you in our hotel,

Have a Lovely Day!

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

When we first arrived at the hotel we was given a room right next to the entertainment. With a patio door that u could slide open cause it only had a chain on. This to me was not acceptable having a baby with us. I went to customer service who said they would get the door sorted, but no one came. The next day we asked to move rooms and was told the hotel is full and would have to wait a couple of days. I wasn't happy about this so seeked help from
The Thomas cook rep who did sort it for the next day. I can't believe U have to que for the restaurant every night only to find most the food had ran out/cold and there was no plates, this was only 8pm. Also there was 6 of us and this is the only place I have been where they can't accommodate 6 people At a table. Then when asked for a high chair to be told they only have 2??????? This resort needs a good clean throughout. It has got amazing potential to be one of the best but things are letting it down. The children's pool was dirty sand never cleaned which for me was a big dissapointment as my little one loves the water as I keep saying just needs a clean. Entertainment staff was amazing who had all the time in the world to help people out.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Luke1981_12

Dear Customer

We are truly sorry for falling short of your expectations, our deepest apologies for failing on providing you with a positive holiday experience. We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future and delivering to you the holiday vacation that so many of our guests have experienced and continue to enjoy at Sol Cayo Guillermo.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Where do i start,firstly we will never book another holiday again with thomas cook..First was arriving at manchester airport we was told the flight had techinical problems & had our flight downgraded to another plane then it was delayed an hour n half all we was offered was a burger king voucher even though we was in v.i.p lounge.We got to the hotel and first impressions was it looked like it needed a desparate make over,we arrived at the apartment & it was clean but basic & this is the first hotel where we had to pay for the safe !! there was a few of us there & some of the other group had cockroaches in there room,we just had giant ants near the main door 1 night but soon sorted it.Buffet restaurant was abit of joke it was the same food every morning,the same for lunch & not much difference at evening.There was 2 al a cartes but you are only allowed 1 visit per week which is a joke as when you book a time they would not allow you in til dead on that time.The beach towels were not cleaned everytime,when we returned ours at the end of the 2 weeks he just folded them up & put them on a pile to give straight out.The only good thing was the weather & the beach, well it was until the load mouth from the manchester flight started with his big gob, who thought he was full of himself even shouting a lady at the airport because he thought she was pushing in, she was in a wheelchair because of a medical condition & all those who joined in with the prat should be ashamed of themselfs.And what rights does anyone have to judge people.Would we travel to cuba again no we wouldnt it felt dirty everywhere we went and its all about money every trip we went on if you wanted to drink anything other than pineapple then they wanted more money out of you.And then when we seen a cockroach in the bread at the buffet restaurant that was the final straw,there was more chefs than any other members of staff,we saw 2 cleaners at the main reception area every day but you never saw 1 in any of the restaurants or any maintainance guys.We are not picky as we have travelled to dominican & it was far better standards there & we paid less for that holiday.If you travel to this hotel make sure you dont pay more than £600 per person & thats for a fortnight otherwise you will be disappointed,in fact pay for crown paradise in cancun or be live gran marion in dominican instead you,ll have a better time. BE AWARE OF THE MOSSIES !!!! we have never been anywhere and was bitten as much as we did here. The mossie man would come round and spray at 6.30 am and then around 7pm when everyone was either in the restaurant eating or on there way to eat so that timing wasnt good. BE AWARE VEGGIES !!! we had veg soup which had chicken in,not good..The manager of this hotel seriously needs to pull his finger out and treat his staff with respect,we seen chefs and the 2 cleaners working upto 12 hours and they werent even allowed a drink.. This is disgusting behaviour.. Get the hotel maintainance sorted out and get front doors fixed without any gaps at the top and bottom,showers need repairing we fixed ours with a tooth pick.

Room Tip: All i can say if you want a decent room then research the hotel 1st and ask if they have got any.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jean h

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed at the hotel in 2004 and and had a great time and loved the hotel and the wonderful staff. We had a good holiday this time but unfortunately it wasnt the same. It's a shame because the staff are still fantastic, the beach is amazing and the location and layout of the hotel is great. However the rooms are looking tatty and need of a lick of paint. It doesn't look like they have been touched since we were last there. The same goes for the dining room and other areas of the hotel.
Also the food at times was cold, which the hotel are obviously aware of because they provided a microwave to reheat the food. But really you shouldn't have to do this.
I'm struggling to be critical here because I love the staff and they work really hard and are lovely people but I have to tell you how it is.
Now I am not a snob, but one of the things I previously loved about the hotel was the tranquillity and the pleasant like minded guests. Now, because the cost of the holiday is not much more than what we paid in 2004, it is relatively cheap and the cost is now within reach of....well, read on. It appears now, that the noisy, loud mouthed, rude, "Benidorm" lot have cottoned on to Cuba and are descending on the hotel instead of going to Spain. Be warned, I heard them saying they will be coming back with more of their families.
Now I am not the only one with this opinion, because I spoke to other guests who have been several times and they said the same.
We booked through Thomas Cook and after the sub-standard plane used going to Cuba and the 30 hour delay trying to get out of Cuba and previously similar experiences with them, we will not be using T.Cook again. We also will not be returning to this hotel.
If you do want to go to Cuba and the Cayos in particular, and want a nice relaxing holiday, use the Melia Cayo Coco (adults only). It's more expensive, which should deter the ""Benidorm" lot and it is a better hotel.
What I would like to see is the Sol hotel realise it's potential as a top class hotel situated in a beautiful location, do a full upgrade, and charge a bit extra which would deter certain guests and attract gentler folk. The hotel and staff deserve this. Then I may consider going back.

4  Thank MandEF
Luis Alberto H, General Manager at Sol Cayo Guillermo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for letting us know your impressions about your recently stay in our Hotel.
Your opinion it has been valuable because you gave us important elements in order to achieve a better service and client’s satisfaction and really sorry about yours negative perceptions .

We will analyze your valuable feedback with all department heads.
I should mention that normally the hotel is very quiet, you were housed in a week school break in Cuba and had many children and lots of family.
But in truth this is not the profile of the hotel, is a haven of peace and tranquility is a heavenly environment with bellisima beach.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back if you decide to return to Sol Cayo Guillermo Hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2013

sol cayo guillermo what a place absolutely quality holiday, defiantly worth going you wont be disappointed! the entertainers (fermin) and bar staff are top people make it a good holiday, and the dancers there fantasic!! (chiki nalia) The only thing that was amazing is the quality of my room and i thought the food could be abit better.

But all in all amazing! Already booking up to come back in september cant wait!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank josh m
Luis Alberto H, General Manager at Sol Cayo Guillermo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear customer,
Thank you for your visit and your great feedback, we will keep working hard.
I will comment your words animation members.
Hope you can come back soon.
Best regards from Cuba.

#3 of 7 in Cayo Guillermo
Sercotel Club Cayo Guillermo
Sercotel Club Cayo Guillermo
#5 of 7 in Cayo Guillermo

Been to Sol Cayo Guillermo? Share your experiences!