Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Karen G
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Great experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Nov 2013
My husband and I stayed here for three nights last month and really enjoyed our stay. The chateau is beautiful and the staff made us feel at home. We stayed in the Louis XIV suite and felt like royalty. My only suggestion would be to change the dinner a bit; it was a fixed menu and was served in a small room with just one other couple, so a bit uncomfortable. And the beds were quite firm, almost hard. I would definitely stay here again though.
Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    • ZenHotels.com
      £307
    4.1 miles from Chateau de la Bourdaisiere
    Free parking
    Contact accommodation for availability.
    6.9 miles from Chateau de la Bourdaisiere
    View more hotels in Montlouis-sur-Loire
    All reviews fairy tale loire valley tomato bar stuffed animals main building vegetable garden there is no air conditioning bath shower eat elsewhere public rooms an excellent meal lovely grounds water pressure comfortable rooms bread dahlia garden varieties
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I traveled to France in October 2012 with our 2 adult sons and a friend. This was the BEST possible way to spend our sons' first night in France. They had no idea where we were staying and as we drove up the long drive and the chateau came into view the sight was amazing! The staff was very welcoming and even though we arrived late, they accommodated us with a delicious dinner served with a bottle of their own very good wine in the elegant dining room. The rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable and beautifully appointed. The sumptuous period decor of the public areas on the main floor added to the ambiance of the chateau. The beautiful gardens, grounds, tiny separate chapel, and even a moat, were delightful to explore. We would definitely return to this very special chateau!

Date of stay: December 2012
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    3  Thank CFS206
    Reviewed 29 October 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here while traveling the countryside. The immaculate personalization of service was a breath of fresh air. The grounds were beautiful and the rooms unique. The drive up to the grounds is worth the trip alone.

Date of stay: November 2012
    1  Thank 1908Cubby
    Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I arrived for the night, anticipating an incredible place based on the reviews. We were never disappointed. We were upgraded to the best room, and enjoyed an excellent dinner in the chateau. The building and the grounds were amazing. The staff was welcoming and attentive. We would absolutely return here for a longer stay.

Date of stay: October 2013
    1  Thank thomas B
    Reviewed 13 October 2013

Who gets to spend the night in a Chateau?? Take advantage. Enjoy. Put it on your list. This is a grand totally renovated Chateau. Linger on the porch or on the grounds. The gardens and grounds are beautiful. The gardens contain hundreds of tomatoes and flowering plants. The main house has been tastefully renovated and there is a LIFT!!. We had been in Europe for almost a month staying in small hotel rooms. This place found me jumping for joy. We stayed in a spacious king room on the second floor of the main house with a big bathroom. Every room is different. I would ask lots of questions about the room you are reserving. Some members of our party stayed in a room with two floors, and the bathroom was upstairs. The staff were excellent.

Date of stay: September 2013
    1  Thank Pissaro
    Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here in the middle of August, and found it to be romantic, tranquil and - most of all - full of character. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We really enjoyed the food (breakfasts and dinner), which was simple French cuisine, well executed - the produce was fresh (as you would expect, given the place and time of year) and the sauces well balanced. It was quite a special experience dining on the lawn next to the chateau, and then just leaving the table to amble around the grounds in twilight. I also appreciated the owners' aesthetic, gentle approach to environmental stewardship (some informative and at times quirky informational signs along these lines, with some amusing historical signs and outdoor art, can be found on the walking trails down the hill from the chateau).

As far as accommodation, we stayed in the upper floor of the renovated stables next to the chateau. The room was spacious, clean and relaxing. The queen bed was fine, but nothing out of the ordinary in its comfort level. Accessing the room was an adventure: We climbed a rickety staircase and proceeded down a series of winding halls full of playful decorations. Some patrons less spry may find access to these rooms somewhat difficult (I don't know if lifts were available). To the staff, my only note for improvement: The fan in our room was probably the most laughably ineffective air-moving machine I've seen; they really need to be repaired or replaced.

The vegetable (read: tomato) garden is incredible in its variety and aesthetic appeal. I wish my mother could have seen it. Seeds for many of the varieties grown in the garden can be purchased in the gift shop. We also visited the pool, though rather halfheartedly because the weather was a bit cool to begin with and the water itself chilly.

One last note for runners: The woods behind the chateau are surprisingly extensive, and I thoroughly enjoyed jogging the network of trails through them.

To those looking for a unique experience in the Loire, I highly recommend staying at this chateau.

Date of stay: August 2013