“OK Hotel - let down by the food”
Review of Altia Hotel

Altia Hotel
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel over Easter as part of a large group visiting the area to commemorate the WW1 Centenary.
The hotel was clean and comfortable with some good facilities. Younger members of our group made use of the pool while we used the sauna and the bar. As we were a coach party we didn't use the restaurant but were accommodated in a separate function room.
The food was they only let down for us - Breakfast was fine with a good selection from a buffet with sausage and bacon, ham, cheese, bread, cereal, yoghurts etc. Evening meals however went from good to awful and we didn't see a single vegetable (other than potatoes) during our stay.
The Rooms were very good - comfortable and clean. The hotel is quite out of town but that was fine for us as we were out on excursions every day.

Room Tip: The pool side is apparently the quieter side but other than that I can't comment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Woodville_Wanderers

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Having read the reviews prior to arriving at this hotel, I was rather concerned. However, despite the fact that the hotel does not look particularly inviting from outside and is in the middle of an industrial estate, it is actually really nice and I think some of the previous reviews are a little harsh. The rooms were quite modern and comfortable as was the bathroom and the food in the restaurant was good. We were part of a coach party doing a tour of the battlefields and breakfast was eaten as a group in one of the separate conference rooms. This was quite basic with just cereal, croissants, ham and cheese but was adequate. The only down side was that on the second night there were 2 very noisy coach parties of school children. That apart, I thought the hotel was more than suitable. Although it is in the middle of nowhere and you would have to get a taxi to go anywhere else in the evening, I have no complaints at all about the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Rooms near the steps can be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel with a school group for two days. The reception staff were very well organised and had allocated the right number and size of rooms which is often not the case in other hotels as many tend to change arrangements at the last minute. It made getting pupils to their rooms very easy. One pupil lost the key to her suitcase and staff could not have been more helpful with two of the chefs eventually succeeding in breaking the lock! Rooms were very clean, many had refurbished bathrooms and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good with no complaints from pupils as all found something they liked and would eat. Has an outdoor pool that would probably be great in summer with a good size pool area with many chairs and tables. The pool table in the foyer proved a particular hit with our pupils as did the seating area that gave pupils somewhere to sit and have a chat in the evenings. Overall, I would recommend this hotel as a good, clean hotel that caters well for school groups. This is the second time we have stayed there and I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't near one of the lifts if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Maria W
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights too many on a coach trip. Very basic clean rooms but the food was dreadful. They were unable, indeed unwilling, to provide a decent gluten free meal for me. I enquired at breakfast about bread or a cracker and was told 'No'. I asked if I could have a rasher of bacon straight from the kitchen that wasn't on the same plate as sausages containing gluten and was again told 'No'. Coeliac disease is a disability not a life choice, something this hotel does not understand.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marlaine C
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at the Altia one night only as part of a coach package. We arrived around 8pm and we're able to go straight into the restaurant for dinner. The service was quick and friendly and I recommend the steak, chips and salad it was beautiful and good value.
The rooms were basic, but clean with a sunflower shower and beds were comfortable. Rooms are a bit dated and the walls are thin so I wouldn't have wanted a longer stay but would recommend for the quick link to Lille.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This must be one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. It badly needed refurbishment and our friend's toilet leaked and had no light in it. I stayed on the first floor, our friends on the second - they had table, chairs and complimentary water; we had neither. When I asked at reception why we had no water she just shrugged her shoulders and said we would have to pay for water - why?!!!! The attitude of the staff was dreadful, the food basic and unappertising, the drinks expensive and we felt we were not wanted there. Hope we never see the place again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here over last weekend for the Lille Braderie. The hotel is a reasonable budget type hotel set just of the motorway. However we could hear every flush of the lavatories and water from showering coming from other rooms. The main bed was quite comfortable but the third bed needed two matresses for comfort. The air conditioning had broken down and there was no hot water for the last two days of our stay which meant uncomfortable sleep and very chilly showers. There was three of us, myself my husband and daughter BUT every time I had to ask for another set of towels and extra tea/coffee and cup for her as they only left two of everything even though they could see the third bed was used and it was a triple room. Very annoying, There was no fridge in the room or minibar so we had to either pay high prices in the restaurant 15euros for just a hamburger 7euros for a small beer, or buy food on the way back. At least there was a kettle. The carpet was very stained and we did not want to put bare feet on it, I cleaned round with my detol spray around the room and especially the vents in the wc as they were disgusting. The sheets were clean looking as were the towels when we eventually got the right amount and the cleaning ladies were very pleasant. There are only a few channels none of them English on the TV so take a laptop with a dvd player and dvd's unless you speak good French. The bar across the road closed very early and a walk into Tourcouring was a fair distance and we did not find anything open anyway.Would I stay here again? No

Room Tip: Check how clean it is before you unpack
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MarionShew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuville-en-Ferrain
Hotel-Restaurant des Acacias Lille Tourcoing
Hotel-Restaurant des Acacias Lil...
#1 of 2 in Neuville-en-Ferrain
1 mi away
Hotel Premiere Classe Lille Nord
Hotel & Aparthotel Ambassador Menen
B&B Hotel Lille Tourcoing Centre

Been to Altia Hotel? Share your experiences!