Mesilau Nature Resort, one of the starting point of the Mt. Kinabalu climb. A nice place to rest before you start your climb. although do take note that the location is about 15 minutes or slightly more away from the Kinabalu Park.
Friendly staffs greet us at the reception counter. All smiling.
There are a few chalets. I stayed in the Crocker Chalet. The down part of the location of this chalet is, it's an uphill climb to get to your 'room'. But the room are nice and neat. A few selection only for the cable TV. Please be note that there aren't any internet connection via cable or wifi in the room. Wifi is available in the restaurant area but it's not that good.
The restaurant food is nice.
The downpart about the place would be, if it's rainy day especially if it's heavy rain. It would be difficult to walk to in the rain from your room to the restaurant as there aren't any sheltered walking path. It's a nightmare to run in the rain. Perhaps the management to take note of this issue like have a sheltered walking path or perhaps have a buggy shuttle service from the room s to the restaurant.
please be note that the place isn't disable friendly.
The hotel also supports eco tourism. Thumb up for that.
oh not mention, on a clear day, you can get a really nice view of the peak of Mt. Kinabalu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the World Heritage Site, Mesilau Nature Resort offers climbers the alternative and more challenging trail up Mount Kinabalu. Climbers and non-climbers can indulge in the coolness and serene surrounding of this nature retreat under Sutera Sanctuary Lodges. Here, you can view the world largest pitcher plant, "Nepenthes Rajah" and rare wild orchids along the Mesilau Nature Trail. Nestled at the foot of the magnificent Mount Kinabalu at 2,000 meters above sea level and within the World Heritage Site, Mesilau Nature Resort promises to enchant visitors with it's cool temperature climate and serene surroundings as an amazing nature paradise. There is also a challenging 18 hole golf course nearby for avid golfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Sutera Sanctuary Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mesilau Nature Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Sutera Sanctuary Lodges Sabah/Ranau