Mount Kinabalu Heritage Resort & Spa
US$38
Hotels.com
Laban Rata(Kundasang)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewshotel is locatedwedding ceremonybuffet breakfastkotaenvironment
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Receptionist not friendly and irresponsible. Check-in time should 2 pm and I only able to check-in at 3.30 pm with reason room is not ready which booked for 3 rooms and 2 rooms are not ready. When I'm asking estimate the room is ready, reception only replied with unwilling answer and said don't know and explain one floor only have one housekeeper. Addition they scare if they asked housekeeper when room ready and they being scold by housekeeper. I'm not satisfied and I'm not continue to argue with them because I feel they do willing to help too. Actually I do not care how many people are working at one floor and how is the management to arrange it, the important is I'm check-in at 2pm as agreed as per hotel term & condition.

The room is clean but no maintenance. Many painting on wall is tear off. Toilet bowl broken and difficult to flush also. Carpet is dirty even housekeeper vacuum it. Need to wear sandal otherwise your foot will be dirty. Some window can not open, mosquito net got holes and difficult to open too. Some dead bugs and butterflies nearby window are not clean-off.

Restaurant foods is not bad but a bit expensive for buffet dinner, adult at RM 29 nett and children at RM 21 nett. I can understand adult price at RM 29 but for children is quite expensive as children do not take so much like adult. Feel like not at fair price.

Not suitable for family or couple trips.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbiekee
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed for just 1 night only. Thank god it's only 1 night. It's a nightmare for us. We booked a chalet type not knowing it was located high up in the forest. Rooms were smelly and rather old. Not well maintained at well , very run downed . We had to change to a better room , so we choose a suite but also ....run down conditioned. However, you can view the kinabalu mountain just right in front of your eyes. That's the only good point I can say about this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank odie88
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is one of three belonging to the Perkasa group and is apparently the best of the three. We booked online for two night and discovered the hotel was fully booked but we could stay in one of the Chalets. On arrival we were given the key to Chalet 10, you have to walk over a rope suspension bridge, with wooden slats to walk on, some of which were quite old and tatty. On arriving at the walkway to Chalet 10 we were startled to see that section was roped off and there were large holes in the walkway...we went all the way back to reception, who had no knowledge of this. We ended up in Chalet 5, a larger chalet, two bathrooms, one bedroom and a sitting room, A nice hot shower was what I wanted, but even after running it for 20 minutes, Luke warm was what I got. Off to the restaurant for dinner, at first we were told we could only have the buffet, I dislike buffets, because I never eat what it costs me, in the end we were allowed to order a la carte...the food (and the buffet) was totally over priced and frankly not great. We decided to go for a drink in the Fun Nepenthe Bar...unfortunately this was undergoing renovation and wouldn't be open till 2100. we went back across the rickety suspension bridge. Breakfast the same thing, buffet or nothing, again overpriced. And quality not great. We decided not to stay the second night because it just wasn't worth it! if this hotel is the best of the three, I didn't think I want to try the other two!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Val P
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel is in a lovely position on the mountain and has a good sized restaurant. Dinner was a selection of Chinese food which was well cooked but breakfast was a disappointment as the food was barely luke warm. Reception area and shop is nice and light and modern but the rooms are very disappointing. The bathroom in room 307 was very, very small and the sink had a crack in it, the bath was stained and the shower rose had to be held as the hose was too short to fit in the hook on the wall above the bath. The toilet roll dispenser was of a commercial nature. The bedroom was a nice size but needed painting and the furniture was dark and grubby looking. The best thing was the comfortable bed.

Room Tip: There are cabins available which may be of a higher standard than the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Avril84
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Spent holiday with my parents in April 2012.
Prefer this hotel than the neighbouring hotel as it is located at the hilltop..

Stayed in the deluxe room at the hotel tower..
Loved the mountain-view..
The Kinabalu mountain was clearly seen at 5 morning direct from my window!
Cold weather..