“Nice lunch, pleasant views”

Sabah Tea Garden Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Ranau
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I went here for lunch, while doing a day tour of War Memorial sites with TYK tours. The Quailey Hill Memorial is next to the Tea House. Lunch was served promptly and was good quality, and there are beautiful views over the Tea Plantation. There is a small gift shop with a reasonable array of teas, books and other things for sale. I found the staff pleasant enough. After lunch my driver took me for a quick look around, so I saw the Longhouses, Gardens and other guest accommodation, which all looked to be well maintained. The roads may have been a little rough in places, but my driver took it easy and didn't have a problem, and I liked the long drive in from the main road as the track is lined with colourful plants. I was only here for a couple of hours as my interest was in the Memorials (which I found were all very moving and well cared for), and I enjoyed it as part of the trip.

1  Thank VintageWood
"sandakan"
in 7 reviews
"sceneries"

Reviewed 15 May 2013

i went during lunch time and had my lunch there. food is average. i would like to just highlight the road condition toward Sabah tea garden and its cottage is just too terrible, it is a rocky road all the way after turning in from main road. i regreted to go there and felt guilty to my car owner (as i drove a rented car there) due to torturing the car by driving on such a terrrible condition road. this made me not in the mood to tour their tea garden/factory and cottage which i actually planned to do that!

1  Thank toosf
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I came there with my family as the brochure said it is one of the attraction in sabah..we drove all the way up only to be disappointed by the unfriendly group of what u may call " waiters" i presume..we sat at the restaurant which contained 1 other group of people..they gave our menu after 15 mins..we ordered some sabah tea..which did not arrive after 1/2 hour..when asked about where is our tea..these lazy bums who sat at the table simply said..i dunno and didn't even bother to check it for us..this is what u call a tourist attraction place? With that kind of attitude..don't bother to work there..

1  Thank rubikciko
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Like - Friendly and honesty crew. Fresh air. Delicious food. Nice view to take family photos. Facilities are in good conditions. Very peaceful & quite especially during night and early morning.
Dislike - No activity at night

1  Thank Amirudin