We stayed at this hotel in May for two weeks this year, having stayed there last year in May for two weeks also. We wanted to come back again because we enjoyed it so much the first time. We had a lovely room with superb views. We even had soft cushions and wooden patio furniture! Last year on our patio we had plastic chairs and table which was near the pool area.
I have to say that we enjoyed the holiday more the second time around. The hotel serves good food in the dining room, but even better is the lunch time Italian a la carte down on the beach, looking out to sea with its stunning scenery with a glass or two of white wine, which I have to say was always of a very good quality, and a tasty dish of pasta or pizza. The hotel is isolated in its location, but you can the local bus into Corfu town or Benitses, or you could walk along the road into Benitses, which takes roughly half an hour. At the back of the hotel going by the tennis courts, you can walk into the nearby village of Gastouri, it is a good climb at the start but then levels out a bit, this takes about half hour to forty minutes. In Gastouri there are a few cafes, a couple of tourist shops and Acheleon Palace, once the home of the Empress Si-Si of Austria, which you can visit. We also visited Mouse Island about 10 15 minutes by bus, or 40 minutes walking roughly, that is worth a visit. There you can watch the planes coming in or going out and be frightened to death!, because they are just over your head and as you can imagine, deafeningly loud!
The entertainment was not too good, but most people just sit and drink on the balcony, and enjoy the views. We went there for my birthday, and on the day of my birthday we saw two dolphins swimming by - a first! Also I was nicely surprised when one of the staff delivered to my room a birthday cake.
All in all a brilliant holiday, and we would certainly go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all-inclusive resort that combines nature, culture, activities and a beach holiday all in one place. With its elevated position,it offers great views over the Ionian Sea, "value for money" accommodation in double or family rooms and a vast choice of food and beverage options. Its proximity to Corfu Old Town (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Princess Sissi's Achillion Palace makes the resort an ideal base for exploring the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aeolos Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aeolos Beach Hotel Perama
- Aeolos Mareblue Hotel
- Hotel Aeolos Mareblue
- Aeolos Hotel Corfu
- Aeolos Orange Holiday Resort
- Aeolos Beach Resort Corfu/Perama