“Best Casado of our entire trip!”
Review of Las Tinajitas

Las Tinajitas
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, Spanish, South American, Costa Rican
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Broomfield, CO
“Best Casado of our entire trip!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had lunch here after hiking Rio Celeste. My husband and I each had the casado. I had the chicken and it was amazing. So amazing that I wished we could have eaten here again for dinner. I tried casado in every town we visiting in CR, and this was by far the best. The prices are very reasonable. Great place!

Visited April 2014

Marseille
“Awful, from food to service”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I went to this Soda for a breakfast. First, no prices. I asked and i didn't get any clear answer. then I took a normal typical breakfast and a coffee. The waitress never gave a smile. I paid 2700 colones for a low quality gallo pinto + coffee. Next door, there is a Pizzeria, it is cheaper, the service is really nice and the gallo pinto better with more things. Make a good choice, it is just next door!

• Visited September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great typical food”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Las Tinajitas is a short distance west of the main intersection in Bijagua on the south side of the road. My wife and I ate lunch here. I ordered a casado with chicken (far more than I could eat) and my wife selected several different items from the menu. Very clean with excellent service, the food is well prepared and tasty, and the cost is reasonable. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in or near Bijagua. Only my wife falling and hurting herself while hiking the Rio Celeste trail kept us from returning for dinner.

• Visited June 2013
Bijagua de Upala, Costa Rica
“Typical and delicious”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

If you wanna taste the real spirit of the costarican food; this is the place you should go...
No artificial ingredients!!!
I can suggest you ask for "casados" (rice, beans, green salad, "picadillo", meat, fried ripe plantain), also I really really loved french fries....
For drink... something natural!!! Pineaple, lemonade... delicious!
Hope you enjoy if you visit Las Tinajitas!!!

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“THE spot for lunch”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I went here three times during my stay in Bijagua. I highly recommend going here, as there aren't many sodas in the area. Going here is a no brainer. I very much enjoyed the casados for ~2500 CRC (~ $5 USD). Super clean, quick service, and wi-fi to boot. Easy to find, located on the right hand side of the road as you enter Bijagua right next door to the Pizzeria.

• Visited October 2012