All hotels have unique qualities, but the Celeste Mountain Lodge is loaded with them. It is located right in the volcanic area in an unspoiled part of a beautiful country, away from the hordes of tourists at Manual Antonio and the Guanacaste beaches. Daytime and nighttime temperatures are very comfortable, so air conditioning is not necessary. What makes the Celeste Mountain Lodge particularly attractive to many guests is its construction from ecofriendly and totally recycled material. Joel, the owner, is helpful, friendly and attentive. The food is excellent; everyone eats together from whatever has been prepared that day (but special dietary needs can be accommodated).
I find, however, some disadvantages. First, the road up to the hotel is atrocious, filled with stones and potholes -- one certainly needs a four-wheel drive vehicle. Second, while the rooms have a beautiful view overlooking volcanoes, there are no chairs in the room, nor do the rooms have balconies. If you want to read a book and not lie on your bed, you have to go to a common area, where there is very uncomfortable seating available, I found. Thirdly, Joel requests that you only consume drinks you have purchased from the bar of the hotel, but this bar is very poorly stocked. A minor point -- I guess he has recycled what look like old fire-escape stairs that are used to go up and down, but they are very noisy. And there is no swimming pool, but there is a Jacuzzi.
So you decide what is more important with the Celeste Mountain Lodge -- the advantages or the disadvantages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celeste Mountain Lodge is a responsible tourism establishment, located in Bijagua de Upala, the door to the Volcano Tenorio National Park and its amazing Rio Celeste (Blue River). An authentic rural area, of great natural beauty, with lots of forest and lots to do, yet so accessible! Celeste Mountain Lodge is unique for its concept and profound sustainable philosophy, its innovations, its details and original decoration, comtemporary architecture in minimalist style integrated in the environment. Surrounded by primary rainforest and hosting its own trail, you will be impressed by its fauna and flora, excellent birdwatching, impressive views onto 2 volcanoes, own own Cuisine fusion and our friendly service, casual, warm and efficient. Share a vision of the world and tourism with ethics, refined simplicity, personality, peace and nature in an unforgettable place... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Celeste Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celeste Mountain Hotel Bijagua De Upala
- Celeste Mountain Lodge Costa Rica/Bijagua De Upala