“Serene and beautiful place to stay while in Hobart”

Orana House Heritage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lindisfarne
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Quiet, clean with great breakfast and wonderfully friendly and accommodating staff whenever I contacted them before and while staying here. Good location and not far from airport and Hobart city, as well as other places of interest. Will definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Ellen Pearce suite quiet with lovely views of water
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here for just one night on my own after my partner went back to Sydney. I'm not usually a B&B type of person, as I like my hotels to be more modern, minimalist, etc. But I loved staying here. The young woman who runs it for her family is very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the house immaculate. I actually wanted to extend my stay.

Breakfast in the common room was nice.

Its a little out of the way, about a 5 min drive into the CBD, so you can't just wal to dinner or a nice night out. Otherwise, a perfect stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RTmedic
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Orana B&B is a large heritage style home with multiple rooms. We were welcomed by Lada, a very friendly host. We booked a standard room, and this was a bit small for 2 people. We peeked into one of the other deluxe rooms that were empty, and the deluxe room was really nice and larger, so i would suggest the standard room is better for a single person rather than a couple. The bathroom was also ok. Breakfast is very nice, hot and cold options, juice, cereals, toast etc. There is a fridge, and a common lounge area. The location is ok, nice view over towards the derwent river, but you need a car if you stay here. It is away from the city. At night time, the house is a bit dark and quiet, which could make some people a bit nervous or uncomfortable.

Room Tip: For a couple, the standard room is a bit small, I'd suggest one of the larger, deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bas17
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Things did not look good as we arrived and parked. The parking area is beginning to be encroached by weeds and piles of dead leaves from last autumn, the grass has been left uncut for weeds and was a foot high, with the best weeds even higher. Later the view from the breakfast room was spoilt by weeds.

Our reception was fine, the room was fine, but everywhere I felt that maintenance was failing.

We saw no sign of any afternoon tea mentioned by another review, and there was no fire in the small lounge.

I booked it as it was near the airport, which indeed it is. There are a limited number of places to have dinner within walking distance - two

On balance, if we were in the area again , I would look further afield for accommodation. I rated it at 4 because most other reviewers liked it, and perhaps you would too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed for four nights as part of our Tasmania holiday and what a very nice spot it was. Our hostess was very welcoming and showed us around before taking us to our room. Like the rest of the house, it was beautifully decorated and matched the theme and style of the property. The room was spotless.

The breakfasts are very nice, and can set you up for the day! Cereals, fruit, cheeses, muffins and bread, and then cooked bacon, sausages, beans and eggs as well. You wont go hungry in this place! Also there is a cookie jar next to the sitting room (a nice spot to chill out and has a computer that guests can use) that guests can help themselves to at any time. We were also told that afternoon gets put out around 1430, but we were never around to enjoy it.

I would suggest having a car for this property to make getting around easier as you are a little way from the city. No laundry services on site, but there is one about 5 minutes drive away (map in the room). Being in the suburbs, its a very quiet location, yet close enough to a main road that its not a hassle to get anywhere. The hostess can also recommend restaurants in the area or in the city, which can take the guess work out of finding a good eating place.

A very short walk leads you to a waterfront park so the kids can let off some steam, and there is also exercise gear in the park so the big kids can too.

All in all, very nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Linda Pearce Spa Suite, and after a hard day exploring it was very nice to slip int...
Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a really nice B&B in a terrific location with very good service. I stayed for one night and will happily stay again. There are many of the extra little touches that you get in this kind of accommodation, like biscuits to have with a cup of tea or cofee and lollies in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I booked at last minute on the last night of our Tassie holiday. We were offered a choice of great rooms and were left to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet that this elegant house offers. We had a relaxing stay and would stay again. Thanks.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindisfarne
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel
Fountainside Hotel
Fountainside Hotel
#8 of 47 in Hobart
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart

Been to Orana House Heritage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!