“A place fit for Kings. Truly a palace.”

Palace of the Golden Horses
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sri Kembangan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Clean spacious and beautiful room. The room I stayed in was comfortable and cosy. Very spacious rooms which were probably considered high class about 15 years ago. The staff smiled all the time and nothing was to much bother for them. We have stayed in 5 Star Hotels all over the world. But, nothing can compare to this hotel. The rooms are large and very luxurious, so are the bathrooms they have every facility that you can think of. However, only one person is allowed access to the free wifi per room The Wifi keeps cutting out and had to re logged in every15 mins. The Japanese restaurant was Awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the lake and closer to the Lift.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here with us. We believe that it is only through guest feedback that we are able to continue to improve on our services and facilities.

At the same time, we noted your feedback about the areas for improvement (WIFI) which we will definitely address with our team. We look forward to showing you improved service on your next visit. Our team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel more often.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

the views are amazing... scenery outside the hotel was wow... but thats it
food is terrible... 2 days to get bath robes...smelly... water dripping from ceiling .....not well maintained at all....plus it is very far from mid kuala ....it was the worst part of my Malaysia vacation.... even the staff are rude...... this hotel with better maintenance can be a landmark...but they ruined it

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

First and foremost we thank you for taking the time to provide your value feedback on your recent stay here with us.

Our sincere apologies for the shortcomings on our service standards and the inconvenience caused. Your value comments have been shared with our respective department heads to look into the matter seriously.

We will address the defects in the room with the respective team immediately and front liner service standard. We always strive to ensure every guest of Palace of the Golden Horses, in meeting their needs where through feedback which we take these comments constructively for improvement of our service standards.

Once again, our apologies for the inconveniences and we thank you for your support and patronage. Last but not least, we look forward to welcoming you to Palace of The Golden Horses in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My family and I checked into the hotel in June 2014.
When we arrived in the room, I noticed that water was leaking at the side of the toilet bowl and the floor was wet and it was an unpleasant sight. I was wondering then how the problem could remained that way when it is obviously noticeable to the housekeeper that comes in to clean each time a guest check out. The housekeeper should have highlighted the faulty plumbing so that the problem could have been rectified. However, as I was very tired after a long drive, I did not alert the hotel staff regarding the above issue.

The next morning, as I was about to shower, to my dismay, the water heater was not functioning. The water suddenly turned to extremely hot despite the fact that I turned on both the hot and cold tap to set for warm water. As I was in the mist of showering, the faulty heater kept interchanging from cold water to very hot water. This was very frustrating and in the end I turned off the hot tap and showered with cold water despite feeling chilly and cold. The mentioned problem also posed a danger to my young daughter as she may be scalded if she were to shower first. I immediately made a call to the telephone operator on duty. When I told her the problem, she was
very impolite and sounded impatient with my complaints. The mentioned staff was not my only unpleasant experience. I find the receptionist at the lobby rude and unfriendly as well. she looked unhappy and gave me a hostile look when I requested for the comment sheet and a pen. Is this the way they were trained to treat the hotel guests?

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank linchen2014
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your value feedback.

Nevertheless our sincere apologies for the shortcomings on our service standards. Your comments have been shared with our respective department heads to look into the matter seriously especially the faulty plumbing and operator services.

Once again, our apologies for the inconveniences and we look forward to welcoming you to Palace of The Golden Horses in your next visit.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had a comfortable stay till I could overslept coz I did really enjoyed my stay at PGH. Below are the few things I would like to highlight to improve PGH services.

1) TV Channels - I was surprised that PGH has limited channels. Its sad but I would suggest more channels to add in like Vision Four will be great.

2) Staff - I was pleased with Ms. Emylia, she checked me in and she is well equipped with product knowledge and she did explain from the lift access to in room wifi access. Second person was Ms. Belinda, she was supportive and guide me when I got lost in the hotel. Then Ms. May May, she has a good communication skill via telephone as I call to the reception.

3) I brought some mineral waters to store inside the mini bar but I didn't get to drink cold water due to mini bar was spoilt. PGH should do often check on these equipment inside the room.

• Stayed: May 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for the compliments about our staffs and the hotel. Your positive encouragement would definitely spur our team to serve better. We greatly appreciate your support.

At the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced especially the defects in the room during your stay. For your information, the rectification works is on progress.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It's easy to get lost in this colossal Mines Hotel property. Hundreds of rooms and horse figures galore. I believe the hotel was built to cater to kings and world leaders paying a visit to Malaysia who need nothing but a big bedroom. WiFi connectivity during our stay was faulty, breakfast buffet selection was "meh". If you want to feel "royal" without a care for the modern features of most hotels, check this one out and lose some mean dollars.

• Stayed: May 2014
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Warmest Greeting from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on you recent stay with us. Noted your feedback about the areas for improvements which we will definitely address with our team.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel under the hotels membership program. Of course we worried on all the comments posted here with regards to the room & facilities of this hotel. But we had no choice. In preparation of our journey we tried calling the hotel with regards to transport from the airport to the hotel. Our nightmare became true when there was never ending on hold calls & transfer call. One of the reviewer earlier had mention the name of Florence & I decided to look for her directly. She did answer my call & I must say thank you to her as she has been very kind & helpful in planning our trip. We were earlier worried on our stay as it was under club but after talking to her we change ourmind. The room were spacious and the looby entrance was huge. it was truly a royale palace. The buffet breakfast had a variety of option. The water taxi ride to the mall was remarkable & something new for us. The shuttle (although it was a van which was a bit shabby) but it was helpful to the city centre. Afterall its free service. The staff from the reception counter to the waiter was friendly & courteous. The dinner at the restaurant was great. For us it was a great stay. We will definitely return once again and of course I know the right person to call. Thank you Florance for making us feel home ......

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here with us. We appreciate your positive comment about overall stay experience and we believe that it is only through guest feedback that we are able to continue to improve on our services.

At the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the shortcomings that you have experienced. Nevertheless, we have taken note of your feedback and rest assures the comments on operator services which have notified the department concern to improve.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience caused and we thank you for your support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you to Palace Of The Golden Horses.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed inthis palace in March , 2nd half , and had a very pleasant and luxurious stay.

The rooms are big, with a lovely swimming pool and a very big lake linking it to Mines another hotel of the same Owner by boat. They also provide free shuttle bus / car service for the patrons to visit Central KL Or the Mines.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Swimming Pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay here with us.

We are delighted that your experience during your stay with us at the Palace Of The Golden Horses had lived up to your expectations.

I personally would like to thank you for your comments for us to strive better and we look forward to your return visit.

Best regards,

Le Meridien Putrajaya
Le Meridien Putrajaya
#1 of 9 in Putrajaya
Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya

Been to Palace of the Golden Horses? Share your experiences!