“A hotel you'll be glad you chose”

Palace of the Golden Horses
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sri Kembangan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the grounds manicured. From the moment you are greeted by the gentlemen opening the enormous front doors for you to enter, you feel like you are in the lap of luxury. I think the most outstanding asset of this hotel over others is the customer service that is provided. I have seen one negative review of this hotel related to one of the staff members of the hotel. My experience over my 10 day stay was the complete opposite. I found that any request was addressed IMMEDIATELY and resolved to my satisfaction. I have not found such a level of service from all hotel employees at even more expensive hotels.
If you do not have your own car, the hotel also provides transportation to a trendy shopping area that is nearby. There are several dining options for dinner and the daily breakfast buffet is outstanding, with food options available for a wide variety of ethnicities.
If you have driven to the hotel, there is ample parking available on the grounds.
This is definitely a hotel that I would choose to stay in again.

Room Tip: One side is considered "water view" , which many choose. However, we enjoyed the view ov...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lchard
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Palace of the Golden Horses. We appreciate your positive comment about overall stay experience and thanks for sharing your feedback.

Once again, thank you for your support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Palace Of The Golden Horses.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Rude and unhelpful receptionist first of all...problem with reservation... Instead of helping to rectified the situation by a simple phone call to the office.. She insisted I walk there and get it sorted out myself. She threw tantrum right infront of me. I told her off and I demanded to see the manager. She ignored me without apologising and another staff came to serve me. Was later then told by the manager that she was new.
When we finally checked in to the room, the room is old and smelly...and worse were used shampoo bottle was left in our bathroom and TV was not working. Unfinished paint jobs were spotted every where. We checked out on the spot. Very disappointed experience. And they claimed themselves a 5 star hotel. What a customer service!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kensliew

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience when you stayed with us in January 2014. I appreciate, you had taken the time to share your experiences and am very sorry that the services rendered and our facilities were not up to the expectation.

Rest assured that this is not standard of service that the hotel is renowned for and I have personally taken the time to discuss the issues highlighted with my team members. For your information, during your visit the hotel is undergoing external building painting and upgrading works and has completed in the month of May 2014, where guest can experience the fresh and new of the external. In a another note, we will look into improvising the customer service and working with our Training Department to providing memorable experiences for all guests in the Palace of the Golden Horses.

Once again, our sincerest apologies and we hope that despite your disappointment, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Redards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

To me it's a legendary place by itself. Standing gigantically outstanding in the Mines Resort City with it's Malaysian-Moorish architecture, Palace of the Golden Horses is just a few minutes drive from the Malaysia Capital City of Kuala Lumpur. Spending my vacation here gives me the air of superiority. Excellent reception and excellent services from the staff was important to me to start the holiday. Basement parking rather spacious and is not far from the lobby area. Rooms are clean and bedding comfortable. Bathrooms are to my expectation - clean and spacious.

Looking from the balcony you will see nice green around. Man-made lakes with water taxis are available for your Mines Cruise within the Mines Resort City and you can even go shopping to the nearest shopping mall by cruising.

Traditional Healthcare Services at the Mines Wellness Hotel across the lake is available too. This include packages such as Body Herbal, Aromatherapy, Herbal Facial Therapy, and Revitalizing therapies.

For golf enthusiasts, the Mines Resort and Golf Club is located nearby and has been played by Tiger Woods.

Dining experience at the Carousel Cafe and a cup of tea at the Grand Salon, was something worth to remember.

It's a World Class Award winning Luxury Hotel!

Room Tip: The ones facing the lakes are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Puteriandalas
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Warmest greeting from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for the compliments about our services and overall hotel facilities. Your positive encouragement would definitely spur our team onto greater heights.

I personally thank you for your recommendation of the hotel and our offerings. We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to your return hopefully sometime soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

had one of the best Cantonese meals ever, we were not sure what to order but ,the staff especially Benjamin the manager suggested may be one of the best scallop meals we have ever tasted.
I could not recommend this restaurant ,without thanking them for one of our best experiences .
the restaurant has only been recently renovated, has the surrounding to match the staff talents.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ffilia45
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay here with us.

We are delighted that your dining experience here with us at the Palace Of The Golden Horses had lived up to your expectations and we would like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The horse theme gets carried to extreme: everywhere you look are horses! The hotel is huge, and much is on a grand scale, but sometimes that seems like a folly: looking good but not quite working, having to walk upstairs and downstairs again to get somewhere close, or having to walk long ways around the grounds to get somewhere simple. Service was average, a bit hit and miss. The breakfast buffet was reasonable, serving a variety of foods to serve different tastes. Rooms were quiet and clean. While it is good overall, and from what I've seen, the best in the area, I wouldn't rate it 5-star. So, if you're in the area, such as I was, for work nearby, it would be worth staying there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Andrea B
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here with us. We believe that it is only through guest feedback that we are able to continue to improve on our services and facilities.

At the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced. Nevertheless, we have taken actions from your comments and rest assures the comments on direction signage's around the places in process of improving.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience caused and we thank you for your support and patronage. At the same time we look forward to welcoming you to Palace Of The Golden Horses.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Checked into this hotel late for a rest. From the outside looks magnificent same for the foyer. The room was clean but certainly not what id expect for a 5 star hotel.

Bathroom was horrible not clean and water not running warm. Very disappointing.

Worst was waking up in the morning to be covered in bites, hopefully from mosquitoes. Over 10 on my face and even more all over my body. I look as if I have chicken pox with all the bug bites.

Certainly not what you'd expect from a property such as this. Very disappointed and won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Gabrielle M
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience during your stay recently. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and am very sorry that the services rendered not up to the expectation.

Rest assured, this is not standard of service that the hotel is renowned for and I have taken the time to personally discuss the issues highlighted with the team members, ensuring the team focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests in the Palace of the Golden Horses.

Once again, our sincerest apologies and we hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The worst ever encounter wifi. It drops so frequent that you need to reconnect every 2-3mib. The "beauty" is only 1 guest can log on at a time. Nice refurbished hotel room though part of the hotel is tired looking. Do not open the window in the room unless you would like to invite mosquito to share the room with you. But we have them joining us partying in the lounge. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but the hotel provides a pathetic 10seater hourly shuttle bus to the nearby mall.

• Stayed: June 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

At the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay especially the mosquitoes issue and we will address this issue with the pest control vendors. For your information, transportation services and WIFI system upgrading works is on progress where can experience the new look and providing memorable experiences for all guests in the Palace of the Golden Horses.

Best regards

Dorsett Putrajaya
Dorsett Putrajaya
#6 of 9 in Putrajaya
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Been to Palace of the Golden Horses? Share your experiences!