“Good”
Review of Royal Spice - CLOSED

Royal Spice
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Their phone number: 01444 871410. They don't seem to have a website.
Burgess Hill, W. Sussex
“Good”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I really like the food here and so do !my children.

We had as taste card and used the two for one. but there were five of us. they took the cheapest meal off which was a saving of about £5 whoop! I would go here again but I can understand why people have a problem with the restaurant.

Visited November 2013

Hassocks
“Nice food. SHame about the greedy and argumentative manager”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Booked through Table Pouncer, for a 2 for offer on all food. Got to the restaurant, had the meal, then the bill came with no discount applied at all. Manager claimed not to have a relationship with table pouncer.co,uk and wanted us to pay in full. (He claimed to support only Tastecard, but reading the previous reviews about them arguing on this too, I have a feeling this manager is out to rip off everybody with a voucher - I bet some people just give in) A lengthy argument ensued in the middle of the restaurant over £31 despite us showing him the booking confirmation, the voucher and the fact that his restaurant is advertised on their website for tomorrow. Disgusting customer service with an arrogance I have never witnessed in a restaurant before. The bare faced-cheek of trying to get out of an e-voucher when all the hard evidence proved otherwise. Plus: Cobra beer £4.95... Cobra Shandy (and a weak one at that) also £4.95!!!!! Really???? Anyway we paid for our drinks and half of the food and then left. Will not be going back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank NoLongerHungry1
Manchester
“Nice decor but poor service and expensive”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Nice decor. Met with a relative to have dinner with him. I recently signed up to tastecard subscription and this place claimed to support tastecard two-for-one deals - one of the reasons for choosing this place. The food arrived and presentation was excennt but then tasted it and it was bland. A taste with is acceptable for local non-Asians who probably dont know any better.

The nans were micro sized which was a shock, especially at £2 per nan (its possible to get 8 nans for £2 in the North West). The curry base was the generic base used for all their curries - a common practice in the cheaper restaurants and at this expensive one too.

Then the owner gave me a hard time because I used the andriod version of the tastecard. He just wouldnt accept it - every other restaurant has accepted a soft copy of the tastecard without any problem. So my relative had to find his tastecard and show them.

Examining the bill and find that they had just discounted the cheapest main meal but charged for the rice and nans. Greedy people, felt cheated. Wont be returning there.

• Visited February 2014
Diano Arentino, Italy
“The best curry in town !”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived in Burgess Hill late on Tuesday evening, and although it was near closing time they were happy to serve us. We have been to this restaurant on several occasions when we are in town and have always been very satisfied.
We had a lovely meal, from starters to the end. Each portion was a good size and the quality excellent. The staff were very helpful as I have a lactose and flour allergy and suggested dishes that were suitable for me.
Will visit this restaurant again when we are in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Hassocks, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant but a bit hit and miss at times”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Visited this place with a large group of friends for someones birthday and it was packed being the weekend and it made for a good atmosphere but the waiting times were very long and the food was only average on this occasion. My Balti didn't taste anything like a Balti should and others in the party agreed that their dishes lacked that little something that would have made the meal. The service was ok but the staff were very busy with our waiter struggling to hide his unease towards the end. It's quite a large restaurant with plenty of seating and I feel they should be better prepared for busy occasions.

I've had other meals there that have been fine but overall it's average in terms of food and service but on a plus point it's large selection of seating means it can accommodate larger parties and events and also has an online ordering service for takeaways.

• Visited January 2014