“lovely place.”

TRH Tirant Playa
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Fornells
“lovely place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

stayed here in july staff are helpful and very friendly. we arrived mid night hungry and they cooked for us and brought to are room. food was excellent and are apt was a really good size with sea and pool view. on are last day pick up was 6pm and we could stay in are room till then which was so helpful. would go again.

• Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from triant , large rooms twin bedroom, lounge / dining are with small cooking area.
The staff all friendly and helpful large freeform pool with waterfall feature is great sun beds and static sun shades , there is bus stop at bottom of road outside joker bar , but you really need a car to get out and about. Formells about a ten minute drive away much longer walking despite what they say on reviews . Had room 68 at the far end , rooms in blocks of four and balconys are set back from neighbours , well planned , although would definitely have balcony rather than patio as view across roofs to sea , as opposed to back of apartment in front . Two
Restaurants and a bar at side of hotel both restaurants very good , two supermarkets within walking distance. Hotel is set on hilly area may discourage some people , but we found it not to bad to walk about .room service three times per week , one tip the rooms are set in grounds and they do have ants , so be careful with food as they do get in the rooms . Will definitely return had a great week here

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank walletShrewsbury
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am one of the fusiest people around, anoyingly so to my friends and family. My partner suggested we take a last minute break to relax and we wanted to keep the price to a minimum. We fond this beautiful litte appartment development. Although the Trip Advisor comments were good I was a liitle apprehensive. I needn't have worried. We had a clean spacious appartment with a wonderful view over the bay from our balcony. I can truly recomend these appartments, they are in a peaceful setting, a few restaurants nearby or you can get a taxi into Fornells for 7 euros where there is a pretty little harbour and more restaurants. The pool is a good size and nice and quiet most of the time. There is a snack bar on site open all day including drinks and ice creams. The gardens are pretty much grass and there are areas for sunbeds there as well as around the pool. There was a play area, and thankfully o children so it was still quiet!

Highly recomended if you want to unwind in a pretty little village near the sea with a pool. Easy access to taxi's or buses if you want to venture out. I will be going back !

Room Tip: I think they all face the sea, but ask for a sea view with a balcony, it is worth the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Karen R
Esher, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I booked this holiday a week before we left and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at our destination. The apartment was basic but spacious, twin beds with very hard mattresses, bathroom ok, sitting room and kitchenette was well equipped but no wine glasses! Balcony was great with superb views of the hills and sea. Pool was good and large and loads of sunbeds. Sandra on reception was extremely helpful. Two supermarkets nearby and three restaurants which were pretty average, bar okapi was the nicest with great service. We were only there for a week which was enough as it is very quiet. The nicest beach is about 10 mins walk past a grotty smelly beach, you have to climb up some steps and then down to reach it. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant as it looked very uninviting! If you're looking for fresh fish in the supermarkets you can't get it, it's all frozen which is a great pity as we were by the sea! Take the bus or taxi to Fornells which is so pretty and eat in es cranc restaurant which is a little hidden away but amazing food and very inexpensive. Good idea to hire a car, we didn't as we do so much driving at home. Menorca is a well kept secret!

Room Tip: I think that most of the apartments have a great view. No air conditioning just a noisy fan in bedr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Great views, spacious apartments and a fantastic pool! There are two supermarkets nearby and a nice beach just a five minute walk away. We had a large balcony which was perfect for eating at lunchtime.

It is quite remote so hiring a car is pretty much essential, but that suited mine and my partner's needs as we don't like to stay in built up areas. There is a car park at the hotel so there are no worries about leaving your hire car on the road.

I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

As a cheap last-minute holiday, I was surprised at the simple but pleasant resort. The apartments are quite plain, but equipped with a double bed, convertable settee and a pull-out single bed under the settee. The kitchenette has a two-ring cooker, microwave, fridge, toaster and kettle - you don't need much more than that. There is no air conditioning, and the only fan, in the bedroom, has two settings: off and supersonic. However, keeping it on at night created enough white noise to block out the noise of the neighbours. I find that neighbour noise travels all too easily in these types of apartments which have concrete walls.
There's a tiny TV, but I didn't use it (and the batteries in the remote control had been taken!).
The balcony is quite large, and offered a pretty good view of the bay, the resort being half-way up a small hill.
The swimming pool is good for splashing about in (separate pool for kids), although I'd recommend being careful on the sides of the main pool as there was a suction outlet which I accidentally covered with my hand and its force really hurt me; I should imagine it could really cause some damage.
The receptionists are very friendly, but only one could speak English. Unfortunately I can't speak Spanish, so I wasn't able to have a couple of queries addressed whilst there. I should have learnt a little Spanish, but this is unusual for a resort that has English, German, French and Spanish holidaymakers.
Locally, there is the good Bar Okapi, and two pretty pricey and underwhelming restaurants (you will get much better food for the same price in Ciutadella, for example. All offer free wifi, which is handy as you have to pay for wifi if you want to use it in the reception/pool area of the resort. There are two medium-sized supermarkets within 3 mins walk.
The bay is nice enough, but better beaches can be found elsewhere. You can get coaches about 4 times a day to other areas of the island (Mao, Ciutadella, etc), but the last return coaches are quite early, so unless you have hired a car you won't be able to have an evening meal in the other towns of the island.
Overall, some annoying late-night neighbour noise aside (which I was unable to explain to the receptionist!), I really enjoyed staying here. I came to the island with very low needs and expectations (I just wanted to chill out, and not run around the island sightseeing), and it was all met here. Great for a simple holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Babydinosaurl
Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our second stay in these spacious and airy apartents and have already booked to return next year! Cannot fault the service, cleanliness and tranquility of Tirant Playa. Had a problem with shower - this was fixed promptly!! The view of the bay from the balcony is so beautiful. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Room with view over the bay from the balcony, perfect!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fornells
Tramontana Park
#3 of 5 in Fornells
Apartamentos Vista Blanes
Apartamentos Vista Blanes
#33 of 57 in Ciutadella

Been to TRH Tirant Playa? Share your experiences!