“Great location, huge pool!”

Evia Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Marmari
αθηνα
“Great location, huge pool!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The location is great giving you great view to the sea. The service is ok but look for special deals since we found one and get the room is an extremely low price. Breakfast is good and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Recommend it for a short weekend break. It is ideal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ALEXANDROS C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel, is nice, it has a big swimming pool and a small one for kids, it's clean and it has a nice breakfast.
My first impression though, was not nice.
I booked through booking.com, a family suite. Heir description in their site was " fully equipted kitchen, self-catering" i wanted that because i was traveling with my 6month baby twins and i had to prepare their food somewhere. As soon as i went in the suite i saw a kitchen without any electric appliences.I opened all the kitchen cupboards, finding that it onlyhad 5plates and 2 knives. Calling the hotels reception, a guy answered and when i described the situation, he tried to persuademe that there was no such description as a "fully equipted kitchen". After, that fell apart, he tried to explain that since i booked the room from boking.com, i was not eligible to that kitchen.
He said all he could do is try to find a kettle. Well that is not good enough i said. You won´t try... You will find a kettle. 20' later, someone brought a new bought kettle to the suite. Thank God i had all the rest withme and all i needed was to warm the food. If not, i dont know what would have happened.
Also dont expect any flat screen tv or sattelite channels as described. It barely gets a signal for greek channels.
Sound proofing is the worst, you can hear everything from the suite above and next door.
If you stay in the main building , itmight be better but the suites, have all theses cons, if you are a family.
The staff, apart from the reception guy were all very friendly.
Dont expect a late check out, we asked for an hour later, and they said no.
I would not rate it a 4star hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
bucharest
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Evia Hotel & Suites for 6 nights in august 2013 and we totally fell in love with the hotel and its view. The rooms are big enough, the staff is friendly and we especially appreciated the cleanliness. The breakast was a bit boring, same thimg every day but overall we would most definitely go back there any time, with utmost pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank crazymarlina
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Although we had a confirmed booking for this hotel, they gave our room to someone else. Fortunately, we found out when we phoned to double check the booking. The worst thing - they didn't apologise for the fact that our confirmed booking was no longer, or try to find us alternative accommodation, but instead they BLAMED us and said they couldn't let us know because we'd given them the wrong phone number!!! Which was a lie!!! I can't imagine what would have happened if we'd turned up there with two small children and found out about there wasn't a room for us. So be warned - just because you have a confirmed booking at this hotel, you may not actually have one.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fiona L
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I spent one night at Evia hotel & suites with friends. The location of the hotel is breathtaking and when we were driving and we saw the hotel, we were really glad we booked there.. the building seemed modern and the pool was in the edge so we knew that the photos there will be just perfect. The parking is big enough even if the hotel is 100% booked. When entering the lobby we found ourselves in a spacious area with good quality furnitures and modern enough with huge windows with view to the port. we had to wait less than 5 minutes to get to our suite..

The suite was in the upper building with a great sea view, a big veranda, a big enough bathroom, one big room and a big sitting room with a very comfortable sofa-bed. The room was clean but not spotless.. they could do some work on cleaning more often the doors and windows. Also there are no hotel amenities in the bathroom (just a soap, a shower gel and a shampoo - not the best quality) and the fridge was empty so we had to call the reception to have a bottle of water..

We enjoyed the time we spent at the swimming pool even though it was so difficult to find sunbeds and umbrella available.. this is something they can change easily.. the garden is big enough to have two rows of sunbeds so everyone could be happy!! The staff of the pool were really kind with a big smile in their face. The prices are also good for a pool bar. we noticed that the staff of the pool bar were the same who worked in the breakfast room, which is near the lobby with a beautiful veranda.. The breakfast was OK nothing special but the negative point is that even if the staff was kind they didn't have the time to serve, check the food, make coffee, cleaning the tables.. so maybe they should consider hiring extra people in order to provide a better service.

As for the check out, we asked what time we should leave the room and they informed us we could stay until 15h with no extra charge! Also, it is important to add that animals are also accepted in the hotel. As an overall it was a good experience, they did a good effort for this hotel so buy a few extra sunbeds and hire a few more qualified people to make the hotel a top for the area, which by the way is near Athens and easily accessible (we took the ferry from Stira which is less expensive and it only took us 45min to reach the port of Ag. Marina).

Room Tip: upper building suites with view to the port.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank irini_pl
Palaio Falhro
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Been there twice . Maybe the best hotel in Evia island. Real value for money hotel!

Big, clean and modern rooms with perfect view to the gulf. American style buffet was served in a stylish dining room .

Every year the level goes higher and higher with prices remaining at the same or lower level!

The point is that guests will feel like home....and here you can feel it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarianKolovou
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,961 helpful votes
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is the 3rd time we come to this hotel and it was as if we returned home.
Personally I was surprised when I read all the negatives written on TripAdvisor but still I wanted to give it a try. Besides being a Guide Writer I consider myself a strict hotel and restaurant Critic and I carry a long experience which I gained through the years of travelling since my work demands staying in hotels and eating out all the time. I decided not to allow the bad reviews influence me at all and I came here this time alert to see if what I read is true or they are simply written to harm the business.

We had a warm welcome, and we were shown to our room without delay even if we came to the hotel at 11:00 am. Of course the room happened to be vacant so we could have it earlier but usually the keys are given at 2.00 pm. Check out time is at 12:00 midday so the cleaners would have enough time to clean the rooms before guests arrive.

Our room on the first floor this time was spotlessly clean as always, spacious with 3 beds, with an amazing view of the port in short distance and the beautiful gardens with the pool and umbrellas. I have read comments about locusts (akrides) which happened to be in the area –that by all means is not the hotel’s fault. We found none during our stay! As for people who claim about rooms being dirty or cockroaches around, I urge them to post photos to prove their truthfulness. Otherwise these rumours of such bad taste are not to be believed.
Coffee facilities are not included but I always bring my own small teapot to make my own coffee the time I want it. This time I forgot to carry it along but we had our coffee brought up in our room from the cafeteria below in less than 5 minutes. Enjoying a cup of coffee out at the balcony is really a treat!

The owners are lovely people, and even though the staff is young, they work like professionals. Guests are treated fair and you can feel the warm hospitality.
During our short stay I spent much time at the lobby working on my laptop, and I had the chance to talk with several guests who were enjoying their holidays. We even made friends out there.

We did not try the hotel’s menu as we were on B/B but breakfast was rich and I can tell that nothing was missing. There were 2 kinds of cheese, ham, sausages, eggs, jam and marmalade, orange juice and several biscuits and croissants. Of course there were seasonal fruit, cereals, milk, tea and coffee. What more could one need!

If you come to Marmari for the first time do ask the owners to give you tips of the round area. There is so much to see and do around and in short proximity.
Don’t miss the amazing sunset so try to be by the beach that time.
My only regret is that our stay was short again but we shall surely be back when we visit Marmari again.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank greekcypriot2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmari
Marmari Bay Hotel
#1 of 3 in Nea Styra
Apollon Suites Hotel
Apollon Suites Hotel
#3 of 3 in Karystos

Been to Evia Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!