Dont believe the negative nonsense here!
This is a quite fantastic place - right on the edge of the jungle. Rustic but charming and clean chalets, excellent breakfast and pleasant staff. For those who want to save a few bucks you can take the boat over the river for cheap food and drinks.
The resort directly borders the jungle - with many trails linking straight to the hotel. The national park office is also in the grounds of the hotel and the rangers there are very informative on what is happening.. The hotel also provide guided simple guided tours on nearby treks. I personaly didnt take these tours and rather used the hotel as a base for the more extreme trekking, which is exceptional (ask the national park rangers on where it is best to go in the vast expanse of jungle to possibly see tiger, elephant, the more testing treks etc). The extra benefit of this hotel is that in the evening, the wildlife comes to you - we saw Tapirs, barking deer, Samber deer, wild boar, civet cats, monkeys, monitor lizards and a spectacular array of bird and insect life in the resort itself...
If you are coming to Taman Negara and want to actually experience the jungle, then stay here. It is fantastic. I would urge that all to read this to come to Taman Negara - governments will only protect wild areas if they can get a return and eco tourism is the best way to do this.. Teman Negara is unforgettable and I will certainly be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mutiara Taman Negara Resort, PahangDiscover the wonders of an ancient forest at Mutiara Taman Negara. Pitch tent or check-into this forest reserve and bask in the natural surroundings of the Taman Negara park. Mutiara Taman Negara, an eco-tourism Resort that offers a variety of accommodation types promises guests this unique experience with basic amenities and sufficient modern comforts. A virgin jungle expanse covering 4,343 square kilometres, Taman Negara was established in 1939 and is the largest park in peninsular Malaysia reputed to be The Best Kept Tropical Rainforest, thanks to its protected status. With minimal damage to this special ecosystem, Mutiara Taman Negara is dimly lit to avoid scaring off wildlife and conserves energy. Everything used is biodegradable and all the wooden chalet interiors are made of natural produce. Guests at Mutiara Taman Negara will wake to the drone of cicadas, the chirping of bird species new to them and a myriad of other unfamiliar sounds that form a consistent cacophony unique to rainforests. You will begin their adventure at your door step or veranda which makes a perfect perch especially for nocturnal sightings. Sighting wildlife outside the chalet is a norm and the fruit season attracts the most number of wildlife, from the mischievous long tailed macaques, the beautiful chestnut-breasted malkoha and the thorny porcupine to the gentle slow loris. The ancient life forms that blanket Taman Negara are impressive and during each visit, Mutiara Taman Negara gives its visitors the opportunity to glimpse at the flora and fauna species estimated at 10,000 plants, 150,000 insects, 25,000 invertebrates, 675 birds, 270 reptiles, 250 freshwater fish and 200 mammals. Some of the flora and fauna found in Taman Negara are rare or indigenous to this country. If you are not travelling with a group, you can plan your trip to Mutiara Taman Negara well before you arrive or enlist the help of guides at the Park Centre. Things to do at Mutiara Taman Negara include river cruises, guided walks, bird watching, fishing, swimming by waterfalls and night safaris. The world’s longest suspended canopy walk is the most popular activity in this rainforest and you have to be prepared to queue for a while. Secured 40 metres above the forest floor, visitors have a good vantage point from here and if lucky, you can sight some curious animals. The only people who are allowed to hunt and forage are its original inhabitants, the Orang Asli people who still live a nomadic lifestyle. They farm, fish and hunt in the park and nowadays play host to curious visitors armed with flashy cameras. The women may shy away but the men folk can put on a show with some advance notice. Travelling to Mutiara Taman Negara, guests can either do the four hour scenic drive down or board a coach from a designated location in Kuala Lumpur for a 3 hour drive down followed by a 3 hour boat trip down river ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mutiara Taman Negara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Taman Negara Hotel Kuala Tahan
- Mutiara Taman Negara Jerantut
- Mutiara Taman Negara Hotel Jerantut