“Very nice B&B with great hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dufftown
Dunvegan Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 19 Dufftown B&B and Inns
Düsseldorf
“Very nice B&B with great hosts”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Definitely a place to come back to. Cosy and clean room, recently renewed bathroom, excellent breakfast with lots of choices, and top hosts: Stuart gave me lots of hints and ideas and even drove me to the destillery when ist started raining. Liked it so much that I even added another night. I can recommend it!

Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

We were a party of three, using Dunvegan as our base for exploring the distilleries in the Dufftown area for three nights. Helen and Stuart are very friendly, show great hospitality and assisted us with good advice about things to do, restaurants, how to best get around etc. The rooms were clean and to our satisfaction, with in my opinion, very good beds. The breakfasts left nothing more to wish for: Fresh fruit, juices, youghurts, cereals and several options of a cooked breakfast. We would not hesitate to stay here again if we return to Dufftown some day.

Thank you Helen and Stuart!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Rome
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stuart and Helen are perfect hosts. Our room was lovely and fully equipped and the breakfast was great.

Room Tip: We had the double room, front facing, with ensuite - great shower!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was traveling around Scotland for 2 weeks and this was one of the best places I stayed. Helen and Stuart were great. I had an amazing breakfast, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. They made great suggestions on what I should do before I leave. I walked around Dufftown after visiting Glenfiddich Distillery and on my way out I stopped at the Speyside Cooperage. I recommended anyone to stay here and visit this great little town.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Stein
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We've went on a trip to scotland dufftown to visite the distillery's in the speyside. The 5 days we stayed there were very plesant. Stuart and Helen are two wonderfull people who always are chearfull en wil help you anyway they can. Stuart even drove us to the distillery. (thank you for That) Every day you wil begin with a very good breakfast that wil help you through the day. The bed are very good and hard. Every bed had a electric blanked to warm you wen it was cold. We had 5 wonderfull days there and i like to say thank you to the both of them for making us feel like your home. All i can say is ( I'll BE Back) Ecuse me if my english typing isn't so good. I'm a foreinger.

Greetz to Helen and Stuart.

Lei the dutchman

Room Tip: Choose any room you've like ther all good. The room on the left street site had a own bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I must admit that Kala & I don't have a lot of experience with B&Bs, but if most were anything like Dunvegan, we'd never stay in a hotel again!

The room was lovely, the location was easy to find, the food was excellent and above all Helen & Stuart were absolutely great hosts! They made sure that we knew what to see in the short time that we were in Dufftown, cooked us really nice meals (especially the fresh salmon!) and took great care of us the 2 days that we were there.

All in all, everything that a B&B should be!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RahulKaitheri
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 22 November 2011

During some days in October my father, brother and I spent some lovely days in Speyside, Scotland to celebrate a birthday, to enjoy the landscape, find some nice walks and, of course, learn more about and have the opportunity to taste local Single Malts.

If you plan to do something similar I can truly recommend this B&B.

As you probably have figured out by reading all the 5* recommendations Dunvegan has, Helen and Stuart are wonderful, caring hosts that make you feel at home straight away. Throughout our stay, their hospitality always felt natural, sincere and direct. When we asked for advice, we found a great source of local information, e.g., what to see, where to eat (and what to skip.). The rooms (we had two) felt new, were clean, comfortable and I slept better here than in most hotels I’ve been to. I was pleasantly surprised by the Full Scottish breakfast, with all the Scottish specialities, e.g., Haggis. Encouraged by this, we, twice, had dinner at Dunvegan, something I can equally truly recommend (else it hadn’t been twice:-)).

Overall, this is the best B&B I’ve been to.

Helen/Stuart, if you read this; From all of us - Thanks for a great stay. You were a vital part of making our vacation very special.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank JesperPersson
Ramsay21, Owner at Dunvegan Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Many thanks for your kind comments. We are delighted to have been a part of your dads birthday celebrations and to have the pleasure of meeting you all. Our kind regards to you, your brother and your father. I hope you have seen the picture of Stuart in his kilt!
Helen and Stuart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dufftown
Dowans Hotel
Castleview Bed & Breakfast
Broomhead B&B and Cottages
Broomhead B&B and Cottages
#3 of 19 in Dufftown

Been to Dunvegan Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!