“Great tour of Dufftown and all the various distilleries”
Review of Speyside Tours

Speyside Tours
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Dufftown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whisky tours with a local!
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went on the Dufftown distilleries walk with Michelle together with my father during a trip to Dufftown for some whisky-tasting and distillery visits. My father and I have very different levels of interest and knowledge in whisky, but we both found the tour highly enjoyable, entertaining and informative. I consider myself a whisky enthusiast (though far from an expert), and have visited a good number of distilleries in the past, but Michelle managed to tell me a great deal about whisky-making an whisky lore that was new to me. She also told us about life at the distilleries, and their impact on the local community, all interspersed with entertaining stories and anectodes. Stories and anecdotes which became all that the more enjoyable because they were accompaned by tastings of whisky from the various destilleries we passed by, including some of the distilleries no longer in operation.

And it should be added that the tastings included some quite rare and interesting whiskies.

In conclusion, I can strongly recommend the Dufftown destilleries tour with Michelle for both whisky enthusiasts and visitors with only a casual interest in whisky. In the latter case, you are likely to end the tour with quite a lot more enthusiasm for whisky than when you started, which was the case for my father.

1  Thank Christian N

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My two sons in law and I took the tour with Michelle just before Easter 2014. It was most enjoyable, informative and a really good evening out. Michelle knows her stuff and provides an appropriate sample at each stopping point. It could be the agenda setter for a longer visit to the area, or a way of seeing what really matters if time in the area is short. It was great value for money. The walk is over 4 miles taking three hours, but not at all difficult even for an OAP like me! In short - do this first!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My father and I did the tour yesterday. It was a long walk but worth the effort. As far as i know we've seen all the distilerys around Dufftown and got all the information to make the experience complete. The tour guide (Michelle) was very kind en enthousiastic and took her time to explain everything to make sure we got it all right. When you don't have a lot of time make sure to do this tour cause she made sure you've seen it all in Dufftown!

1  Thank LouisdMeij
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went to Dufftown for a whisky Tour and never wanted to leave. Speyside Tours organised everything for us - we did 3 distillery tours, visited the cooperage, went on the Speyside Tours whisky walk (learning about 7 distilleries with many random drams whenever we stopped to learn about them) and a nice walk in Cabbrach - all over 3 days.

These were all organised by Michelle from Speyside Tours for us and she also prepared two very nice picnics for us. We've enjoyed our time there so much that we are thinking of visiting them again next year. People in Dufftown are so warm, welcoming and friendly. They'll go out of their way to make your stay one to remember.

We've learnt a lot more about whisky from Michelle and the tour. We also found a little gem at the bottom of Cabbrach which I fell in love with (you'll have to book the tours if you want to know more!)

This has been the best trip we've had thanks to Speyside Tours.

1  Thank Gayatri A
Reviewed 12 March 2014

By any chance book a Tour with Michelle - I enjoyed my Dufftown stay very much.
You see with the Distillery Walk the special parts of Dufftown from a Local Side.
To stop at Mortlach and have a dram and see Balvenie and Pittyvaich and so on.
Michelle had a lot of extra Information about the distilleries.

On my tour Michelle organised my whole Speyside trip:
She organized transport for the Distillery Tours and an airport transfer. My highlight was a day Flyfishing with a very cool guy from a Dufftown distillery.
For all the Whisky enthusiasts who like to collect some rare bottles of whisky, Michelle has a service where she can buy and send your bottle with DHL back to Germany.

Thank you Michelle it was a very enjoyable Time In Dufftown