Stayed here with family in July. Am not sitting on the fence but have to agree with aspects of both previous reviews!
We had two rooms, one was the superior which was more than superior it was outstanding! Great showers, nice decor, minibar and safe as well as a great balcony and view. The other standard room was not great, looking a bit tired and with the aforementioned noisy aircon. I believe that the hotel is gradually upgrading rooms and that is why there is some variation. But really how long do you spend in your room when you are in such a fabulous location with amazing views and great sunsets right on your doorstep?
The hotel is family run and we found most of the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We had a very warm and helpful welcome from Toni in reception when we arrived. Both her and Fiona were helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Loli who cooked and managed breakfast is lovely and cannot be faulted and the evening restaurant staff were also pleasant and welcoming. The stars however were the team from the beach bar who went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating and even came to see us off when we left. It is difficult to fault that for effort.
The hotel is right on the beach...two steps from the bar lands you on the sand! Beach is spotless, with clear shallow water, ideal for children. You are a few hundred yards from Portinatx town which does not have a lot to offer other than a few shops and bars. Pedals, motor boats and the usual speedboat/banana rides are available nearby. We did not venture far from the hotel as it met every need for my family. Social life was centred around the bar and consisted of the guests sitting outside the bar chatting and drinking and watching the sunset. It is testament to the hotel that so many guests are repeat customers. We have already booked to return next year because we enjoyed it so much and my teenage children rated it as one of their best holidays ever.
If you want a quiet family run hotel where you make your own entertainment then this is for you and you cannot go wrong.If you want bingo and shows then there are other more appropriate hotels nearby. This is a fantastic hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Ciguena Hotel is located on S'Arenal Petit beach in Portinatx; facilities include restaurant, snack bar, satellite TV, internet access, swimming pool, solarium with sun beds and parasols, gym, bicycles and self-service laundry. All rooms offer air-conditioning, safety deposit box and many have a balcony with sea view. Bed and breakfast or half board is available. Bookings made directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your La Ciguena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Ciguena Portinatx, Ibiza
- La Ciguena Hotel Portinatx