“Best lamb chops!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Ciguena

La Ciguena
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Portinatx
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best lamb chops!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

The tastiest grilled lamb chops I've ever had! Nice to see local produce on the menu and went down well with their nice selections of Rioja. Waiter even bought over some extra napkins and wet wipe when he saw me eating the lamb chops with my hands (what he called, 'Spanish style').

But the olives we had to start with aioli and bread were too bitter to eat.

• Visited September 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Best steak I've had in 40 years! My husband and I went as an anniversary treat on our own one evening. Lovely food and beautiful sunset ...... so good we had to go back and treat the kids too!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lynne P
Manchester
“service really bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Despite the fact that this is a very small place we found the service extremely slow and the food although ok, was too expensive for what it was. The view is great but that's all I can say in it's favour.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank cocoloco664
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Stunning Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Best food of the holiday. Got here late , 9pmish, no tables, but waiter took reserved sign off a table right on the terrace and sat us down. This place is just around the corner from the Zulu lounge with a beach bar downstairs. This does a super champagne sangria, and brilliant burgers cooked fresh on the grill in front of you....Anyway back to the resutaurant. Great table, lovely bottle of house red, Rioja, and procceed to order the sirloin kebabfor my fiancee, when it arrived it was huge, I soon stopped laughing when my lamb shoulder arrived.....enormous! Both dishes were amazing sweet, moist meats, lovely veg....faultless!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank morg58
Brough, United Kingdom
“Lovely Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Hubby had a gorgeous pizza here, "taste explosion" i think he called it soft drinks very reasonable fab views as well. Wish we would have gone back but it was our last night. Defo recommend. Quite pricey as always now but high quality restaurant.

Visited June 2013