We booked a last minute all inclusive holiday to this resort for the 3rd week in September. I was a bit nervous about the place after reading some of the reviews, but after going I realise a lot of people tend to over-exxaggerate on here!
We had an absolutely amazing time, arrived very early in the morning (around 4am) and the doors to the reception were locked...but as soon as we knocked somebody came and opened them and we were able to check in & find the room very quickly and easily! Our room was right at the front of the complex (the rooms are all in rows that go behind each other and get higher as they go back, so even if your behind other rooms you're elevated so you should still get good views.) We had a palm tree infront of our room which was a little dissapointing at first but turned out to be a blessing in disguise! Kept our room shaded so it did not heat up during the hours that the hot sun would be facing it - although their is air-con incase it ever got too hot. We could still see over the 3 pools so in the morning we could see which sun-beds were free, and beyond the pools a beautiful view of the sea.
The staff were friendly, and there is a pool snack bar which you could get some lovely panini's/hot dogs/chips etc if you ever got peckish by the pool! The beer on draft was San Miguel - so not a cheap option which you can sometimes find in all inclusive places. The wine wasn't great, but mixed with some lemonade it was drinkable. Hot drinks were lovely, the coffee & hot chocolate in particular. The eating area has an outside terrace where you can sit and look out over the sea, and in the evening watch the sunset whilst eating dinner! The food was quite similar every day - buffet style - but there was always at least one thing which was changed each day so there was a small selection of new food to keep things interesting.
They have a little beach/rocky area at the bottom of the hotel where, if the sea is not too rough, you can go and swim which is beautiful as its not crowded. I massively recommend going down there when the sun has gone down, as there is no light down there so when you lie back on one of the sun beds the sky absolutely opens up to the stars, its beautiful.
The town of portinatx is about a 10/15min walk away, and for me was too british orientated - not much spanish culture, but still a nice little town with a fair few bars and two beaches.
It is quite hilly with a lot of steps, but its not too much and was easily reachable from the transfer.
The rooms are nice with very powerful showers (very thick hair, powerful showers are important to me!) Cleaned every day.
Our flight back was very early hours, so we weren't leaving the hotel until 11.30pm. Unfortunately, we couldn't keep the room, so we checked out at 12 and the hotel gave us a room from 8pm-830pm to get a shower & freshen up after being at the beach.
Overall , i'm very happy with the hotel and the overall holiday. Would go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club vista Bahia is the ideal hotel to enjoy pleasant and relaxing holidays. We underline its location by the sea on the beautiful steep. This environment allows guests to enjoy the sounds of nature, impressive sunsent and pleasant walking. Located in the beach Cala Xarraca de Portinatx at 29 km from Ibiza city centre, the ideal place to enjoy the tranquility of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Vista Bahia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Vista Bahia Hotel Portinatx
- Hotel Vista Bahia
- Vista Bahia Hotel
- Club Vista Bahia Ibiza
- Club Vista Bahia Portinatx, Ibiza