We arrived late and was told there was food out for us which we thought was nice as we didn't expect food so late. We were able to make a sandwich but was told there was no butter :s Our room was ok, quite dated but clean so couldn't complain. Another couple who had arrived at the same time as us showed us their room and it was an absolute tip and their were cockroaches in the bath.
We went down for breakfast in the morning and the food was shocking, the eggs were cold, the toaster didn't work, the coffee was horrible and there wasn't much of a selection of fruit. When we went down for dinner that evening the food again wasn't great and the wine tasted like vinegar. Nothing looked appetising and after trying to eat some, we later ended up going out for dinner.
The hotel is in a good location, the sunset and views are nice. Portinax is so lovely and the beaches down the hill are gorgeous, it's a bit of a walk in the heat but well worth it! We ended up having to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, which we weren't expecting. The restaurants all around the bay are great, lovely food and reasonably priced. We especially loved delboys, definitely worth a visit, the owners are very welcoming, the foods excellent and they have great entertainment every night.
The beds were made in our room every day, but the towels weren't changed and we were left with no toilet roll so had to call reception. There are no ash trays on the tables outside by the bar so there are fag ends in all the flower beds! The pools are ok, I didn't spend any time at the hotel during the day as the atmosphere isn't great and they seem to have one cd on loop played very loud all day. We did hear some other guests arrived and after staying just a day they booked another hotel and left! The staff all seemed friendly but the hotel in general needs a lot of work. We weren't expecting a lot as it's a 3 star and it was very cheap but we at least thought we would be able to eat there and spend some time around the pool. We didn't see much entertainment in the evening other than a parrot show, which wasn't very good. It didn't seem very child friendly at all.
All in all we did have a fantastic holiday but that's purely because of the location, the people we met, the beaches and that we were fortunate enough to eat out every day. I've stayed in 3 stars before and this is not. It could be a great hotel but needs a lot of changes. There were a lot nicer hotels in the area ! My advice would be if your staying here bring plenty on spending money incase like us you don't like the food. I'd 100% recommend portinax but just not this hotel unless your just looking for somewhere reasonably priced just to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club vista Bahia is the ideal hotel to enjoy pleasant and relaxing holidays. We underline its location by the sea on the beautiful steep. This environment allows guests to enjoy the sounds of nature, impressive sunsent and pleasant walking. Located in the beach Cala Xarraca de Portinatx at 29 km from Ibiza city centre, the ideal place to enjoy the tranquility of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Vista Bahia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Vista Bahia Hotel Portinatx
- Hotel Vista Bahia
- Vista Bahia Hotel
- Club Vista Bahia Ibiza
- Club Vista Bahia Portinatx, Ibiza