“The good,the bad and the fantastic”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Vista Bahia

Club Vista Bahia
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Portinatx
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The good,the bad and the fantastic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Gave it a day to settle before writing my review on this hotel. Well you get what you payed for except for the drunken fat thugs who were English who thought they were big, wrong you were just idiots abroard showing yourself up, they should have been shown the door out, this is a family hotel for children.
On arrival we were given our keys to a great room 316 with fantastic pool and sea view .then we were told they had some sandwiches and drinks for us in the restaurant, which was not expected and we have never had in other hotels.our room was clean and basic. Not very good shower but it worked.apart from no hot water for a day .
The pools are beautiful and well maintained , three of them in tiers with water falls.
The snack bar is next to the bottom pool which is for children but the snack area is quite grubby, dirty could do with a power wash.
The Buffett food is good choice and we found we had something we could eat every night and at lunch time, either meat or fish dishes, not a great deal for children to choose from except chips in abundance, nice salad, not grand but 2to3 star service.
Outside terrace was lovely but you diced with the sea gulls and occasionally target practise with dinners !
We heard some people moan about everything from rooms to food to the length of time to the town to not even having night clubs, pathetic really, DONT GO. I F YOU WANT NIGHT. lIFE. The bar shuts at 1145pm on the dot.
Very steep entrance to reception from drop of area so if you have disability be warned, many steps everywhere.hotel is on three levels and the rooms are on 9 levels all steps.
It' takes about 10 - 15 mins walk down hill to the beaches in Portinax, but so worth it , they are to die for and so safe for children.
Again we knew what to expect before we went as we google earthed and you tubed , but the hotel is a bit faulty towers and needs to be shut for a year and brought upto standard.
Last but not least the sunset is the second best sunset in the world apparently next to Hawaii, and believe me you won't be disappointed. Dolphins were seen in our bay apparently but I missed them , shame. So hope this helps and if the owner or manegment are reading this, please get the hotel up to standard, it's a fantastic location and has great potential, don't let it flies down .

Room Tip: Room 316, excellent views and quietish.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jandix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews my daughter and I were sceptical about our 5 day stay at this hotel but really wonder what people expect from a 3 star Spanish hotel. The location was spectacular and our room was adequate and cleaned daily. The food choice was varied and plentiful and the staff worked hard to keep the dishes replenished and dirty pots removed swiftly. The pools were clean and there was no shortage of sun beds although some of them have seen better days! There is a short walk to the sea and although there is no beach,sun beds are provided and the sea is perfect for snorkelling. For a bit more life,portinax is a 10 min walk away but there are plenty of taxis if required. All in all the hotel was all that we needed for a short relaxing break and I would say do not be put off by the reviews.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jane A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I felt that after reading the recent comments on food, I should also have my say. Ok, there are only 4 mains to choose from (most days theres roast chicken and fish) and a daily pasta option, but it was never under or overcooked. The fries were never cold and perfectly edible. There is also a good selection of salads and deserts. Unless you live with Jamie Oliver, or survive on chicken nuggets, you should never go hungry (which I have done at other hotels). Room was clean with pool + sea view (314). Bar had all 3 wines (white, red + rose), sangria and San Miguel on tap, along with a large selection of spirits. Sea was very clear for snorkling and the free kayaks were a nice touch (deposit for the oars). Nice break and definitely worth what we paid. Would go again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Matthew J
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We returned from our 10 day family holiday yesterday, all four of us completely shattered from the night flight. I gave it a day before writing this review to allow my mind to settle....
Club Vista Bahia is situated just as the photos show, it's not clever photography artfully eliminating building sites or quarry's or such, the hotel is perched atop the side of a steep coastline which descends to a bed of volcanic (spiky) rock. Aside from coastal strolls for bold adventurers, the rock is furnished with twenty sunbeds and a natural jetty which serves as a launch point for the two complementary hotel Kayaks (20 euro deposit each for the paddles).
A flight of stairs takes you back up to the first of three terraced swimming pools, each perfectly servicable. The lower terrace also has a bar which doubles as a cheeseburger dispensary (for my son).
The main hotel is three-floored. The reception area is on the middle floor and is staffed by cheerful and helpful employees. The lower floor is the evening bar and entertainment area and the upper floor is the canteen. I can't really say restaurant and "buffet" doesn't sit well either, but I will come onto this later. There is a balcony outside the canteen which is patrolled regularly by large and healthy looking seagulls.
Our room was a surprise, but that was because I hadn't asked my wife any relevant questions about it before we arrived. The 4-bed apartment consisted of a living room with a small TV which harked back to the 1990's, a 2-bed bedroom at the rear and a bathroom with shower and bath sitting between them. My wife and I slept in the living room on the two sofas that converted to beds. The aircon wasn't working and there was no fan in our room. The bedroom had a functioning fan and there is a large window to allow air to flow. It wasn't that bad.
We spent much of the holiday beside the pool taking regular trips back to the bar for more drinks or snacks. The pool was enjoyed thoroughly by all of the family and for several days the ambience around the sun-loungers was lazy and tranquil.
A few days into the holiday and things took a turn for the worse. Whilst soaking up the rays I noticed a couple of blokes with Russian accents strutting their stuff around a trio of swaying women. I took no further notice until I couldn't help but notice them chatting loudly on the edge of the pool, the blokes stood in the pool smoking and drinking the women chuffing away on the edge.
The lifeguard had departed by this time and I found myself drawn to their drunken antics mainly due to the lack of movement on a hot Ibiza afternoon and a nagging concern that they could pose problems to my kids if they got out of hand. It wasn't long before they were gyrating and chanting and dirty dancing with each other to music I couldn't hear. We went to dinner armed with a few conversational moans about how some nations clearly use All-Inclusive as an excuse to binge drink. My son sloped off to grab a 2 euro Wi-Fi pass which entitled him to 90 minutes of internet whilst we decided to have seconds.
The food is functional at Club Vista Bahia; most nights the fish was a choked mess of bones, but I persevered and was rewarded with some nice Salmon towards the end of the holiday. Chips were ever-present as was Pasta and Salad. The Paella was served on an enormous pan which everyone could scoop from, and I was most impressed by that dish. I the main it was fodder you get from most canteens around the UK, although some of the dishes were sub-standard (the fish fingers had grey coloured "fish" in them). Being something of a foody, I was never disappointed ... If I found a bad dish I simply went and got something I liked .... but then we're not fussy eaters.
On that note, the second evening we ate at the Hotel we were approached by a nice lady we had met at the airport. She came up to me and the kids whilst we were shovelling in chips, meatballs, watermelon, wine etc. She smiled meekly and said, "I had to come over and say, this is not typical of food at a three star hotel. There is no choice here ... Usually there is an enormous amount of choice. Here ... I just wanted you all to know that it's not like this everywhere ... This is just terrible." We all looked at her, food glistening on our chins and I replied, "To be honest with you, we're really enjoying the food here, it's Great!!" I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between those opinions, but as the kids were happy and never went without I never saw a problem.
The Holiday continued apace with days blending into one-another. We strolled the 10-15 minute walk into Portinackx bay a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, hiring a 20-euro Pedalo (with slide!) was actually worth it because we all had so much fun. We did see some jellyfish but we always had one of us on jellyfish patrol (with goggles) and so were never stung (if they even sting).
It was only towards the end of our holiday that things really changed for us. Two days before leaving, a day before the England-Uruguay Match, some British thugs turned up to ruin the peace. It started insipidly, with an occasional F-word wafting through the air, the steadily accumulating carpet of plastic beer cups blowing around their side of the pool. They soon began to attract the scrutiny of my wife and myself.
They were only twenty metres from our sun-loungers and between us and the bar. Soon the fattest and biggest one was up and hopping from foot to foot like he needed the toilet, whilst impressing his mates with tales of violence and savagery. I walked back from the bar only to hear him say, "I punched the c%&t once in the face and knocked him the f%$k out". I gave him a glance filled with cautionary eyebrow movements which he didn't notice.
A few minutes later my wife was returning from the bar when I noticed she was shaking her head in disgust. I asked her what had happened and she told me that the big fat English thug was urinating in the shower beside the bar as if he didn't have a care in the world.
A few minutes later and all four of the men decided to jump in the pool and play a drunken game of volleyball. The pool soon emptied completely. We could hear the foul language and I knew it was only a matter of time.
That time came quicker than I thought when my wife strode past me and into the pool, directly up to the big drunken fat thug. I could see her standing there advising him on his language and using calm body language. He eclipsed her and there was literally not a portion of her body that didn't have a silhouette of thug behind it. Words wafted over like, "you've been swearing all afternoon", to which he replied, "I haven't sworn once".
She spoke for a minute before turning back towards our sun loungers and making back towards me. At this point I noticed most of the Hotel had stopped what they were doing. As she walked towards me I heard him clearly say to her, "F$%k you". Balls....
There was a gasp from the family beside us and I got up and walked into the pool. I had words with him along the same lines as my wife, telling him to get out of the pool and that he was a disgrace. His three friends were quiet. Then the big fat drunken thug swung a punch at my face before almost falling into the pool blind drunk. His friends grabbed him and walked him away.
Whilst we returned to our sun loungers these four jostled each other back to their loungers. The family beside us informed us that they had reported the thug to the manager, and soon enough a skinny Spanish man came to have words with him. The thug was lead away up the stairs to his apartment. Meanwhile another drunken football fan leant over the balcony from the upper pool and said, "Mate, he headbutted me earlier for no reason. I'm going to see what he's like tomorrow and they sort him out." We pointed at our kids, my daughter was crying in my arms and my sun pacing like an enraged junior panther, and reminded this man we were just on holiday with our kids.
The fat drunken thug did show his face the next afternoon but was much quieter and didn't bother us. I was proud of my wife for confronting him and if my daughter hadn't been upset I would have found the situation an amusing distraction, but it upset me because it confused her and exposed her to violence at such a young age.
I would advise you all to think carefully about going to an off-season all-inclusive unless of course you're a binge-drinking violent thug .... but then I would urge you to stay at home.
If I had experienced one drunken episode I wouldn't be writing this review, but two is too much. Three stars for the hotel regardless, Our bathroom was permanently soaked in a pool of water, the Aircon didn't work, there was no hot water one day and we all had bad stomachs most of the holiday but that was probably the ice cubes and it didn't occur to us until near the end. But like so many have said before me, you pay for what you get. I certainly wouldn't come her in peak season...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank richard e
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

After arriving at the hotel at 4:30am, friendly staff were there to greet us. We were shown to a small selection of drinks and snacks then given our room key and directed to our apartment. On entering the room which was clean although the wood on the door seemed to be rotting which caused an infestation of woodlice, we found out it was not just us who had this problem others had it also! I was dissoappinted to find that there was only 1 light working in the whole apartment and the fan was not working. Despite this the beds were always made and fresh clean towls were there everyday. There were 3 lovely pools which were always clean and inviting. There was a pool bar which offered the most awful burgers ever however the toasters were ok. Friendly evening bar staff and great animation team. However the restaurant food was vile, severe lack of choice available wee ended up eating out every night at various restaurants e.g delboys. Overall I recommend stopping in portinatx because it is a beautiful town but wouldn't stay at vista Bahia again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tom D
Stoke on Trent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just returned from a week away as a couple, the hotel is located right by the sea it's a lovely view but the beach is very rocky not much sand, more for fishing or just sun bathing. The service was ok with 24hour reception, at times staff were a bit arrogant but I suppose you've just got to deal with it! The rooms weren't good at all, it smelt of sewers even though the maids claimed to "clean" it, it wasn't pleasant. Our beds were made every day and we had fresh towels daily which was good, the air con barely worked but there was a fan above our bed which was a bonus. The food is average it's what you get for the price basically, we did eat out for the last 4 nights at the English bar
Delboys which was amazing lovely people it's just in the town about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. There are 3 swimming pools 2 normal size and 1 small for young kids. The portinax beach was beautiful clear blue water you can even see the fish! There was also water sports on the beach! Lovely little town would definetly go back to portinax but not that hotel. Don't get me wrong it's great for cheap break but personally I wouldn't go back myself ☺️

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very poor condition of the hotel, service. Food provided just for British , I expected something different not the same what can be found in UK. Traditional kitchen must be offered. Location is nice. We had to pay extra money for using room till 18p.m, because we had to check out of room at 12 a.m. It was inconvenient spending for all day in the reception. We lost for 2 days, because I were charged more than we stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank Valentina P

Travellers are raving about these Portinatx hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portinatx
Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel
#1 of 9 in Port de Sant Miguel
La Ciguena
La Ciguena
#4 of 9 in Portinatx

Been to Club Vista Bahia? Share your experiences!