“DO NOT let the good reviews fool you! Please read!!”
Review of Club Vista Bahia

Club Vista Bahia
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Portinatx
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“DO NOT let the good reviews fool you! Please read!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

When we first arrived late in the evening everything had shut up. We were greeted by Martin the night porter. Martin was the best thing about this hotel...although he did have us walking across the pool ledge with suitcases as he was too lazy to show us the long and correct route. The next morning we woke to a stunning sea view and the room albeit basic was clean...so far so good yeah? we thought so too until we went downstairs to the hotel and decided to sunbath by the pool. It was inundated with flies. This hotel has a serious issue with flies and im not talking the odd one or two either....it was like a Hitchcock movie and I swear a few have followed me home..Im now having nightmares...I kid you not!! They are all over the food, which by the way reminded me of what you would have seen in a 1960 prison film...actually no scrap that...more like Oliver!! It was total trash ... and on the few occasions we did eat there we just stuck to carbs carbs and more carbs!! Not good!! I paid 40 euro for 4 days worth of wifi, the signal was shocking...the only place I could pick up a good signal was when I was balancing on my big toe on the balcony ledge...scary as we were high up!!! I informed (Mathew) the so called manager of this and he response was "well thats how wifi works, good and bad signal, you have to keep trying" I informed him they should state on their advertisements around the hotel that the wifi is poor in certain areas before people paid for it. He had no interest and told me they wouldnt refund and its "the way it goes" Infact Mathew belittled all of us at one time or another. The staff at this hotel are plain awful!! They favored the spanish over the English. When my fried asked for a large lemonade and said she was only allowed a small and then moments later he gave a spanish man a large. They want to make money out of you anyway they can with added extras and thats fine as its a budget holiday but its the way they go about it...you feel totally conned and manners cost nothing. You could honestly not pay me to go back to this hotel. Although Portinax itself is one of the nicest places ive ever seen...the restaurants are stunning and the beaches are too. My advise is stay away from Fawlty towers or should I say The Bates motel??!! Stay in the apartments or the hotel by the beach and harbor in portinax. Trust me do not go here !! Oh I forgot to add the entertainment at the hotel..... rahahahahahahaahaha

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 151Jolene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We got back 10 hrs ago. Great to be home but after filling up with a uk sunday lunch I'd love to wake up tomorrow at the Vista Bahia. We always book cheap holidays and never expect much. With cheap all inclusive, all we want is a decent room to sleep in, hopefully we'll be able to eat some of the food (at the very least cereal & fruit for breakfast, bread, soup & salad for lunch and dinner are enough for us to last a week). Being able to have a few free drinks means we dont have to spend a fortune.

We paid approx £230 each for a weeks all inclusive. The reality is, it cost us £500 for a weeks self catering in the Lake District in rainy March in a caravan!

We arrived at the hotel at approx 3am. Mathew on reception gave us a lovely smiley welcome, we also got basic food & drinks which we didnt expect. Yes we had a problem with our room (hadn't been cleaned) but it was sorted out quickly. Mathew was distraught and offered a different room but we decided to stay in original one, I made up the beds myself with clean bedding provided.

We were in room 908, it has the most amazing view, free air con(a must) & Wi Fi but no hairdryer(although website say rooms have them, they don't & are 15 euros to hire).

The hotel is a bit grubby, but the maids work really hard(room cleaned daily, although just tidied not always new bedding and fresh towels) The steps to some rooms are murder but the views and quietness are worth it.

The flies were absolute murder, I did on occasion look like I was having a fit due to slapping them. The worst thing was they were all over the food. When getting breakfast/lunch/dinner we picked food which was underneath other things in the hope it was unflied. During the week the fly situation did start to improve as they bleached the outside floor areas, free spilt drinks don't help the fly situation! Is that the guests fault or the hotels?

The food is pretty poor. Not much choice and if your a fussy eater, you better like salad and ice cream. For me, I eat anything and unfortunately have come back a stone heavier. Boo. My fella is a fussy eater and came home hungry, he wouldn't have lasted 2 weeks.

The toilet in our room broke. Told reception, they said it was fixed 3 hrs later, it wasn't. Complained again, they said it was fixed. It wasn't. Two days with no loo. Finally spoke to repair man, found out they thought I said shower not toilet. He'd fixed the unbroken shower 3 times. Once language barrier overcome, toilet was fixed immediately.

last bad info. With cheap all inclusive holidays, you still get the meths and Jeremy kyle fodder. During our holiday, as told by another reviewer, their were two arguments and at one the police came. To be honest, this one family. Definitely not the hotels fault. We met loads of lovely people, you can spot the ones to avoid within 10 secs. Normally by the bottom pool next to the bar. (you wouldn't want to walk too far for a drink!!!) Unfortunately the bottom pool is also by the kids club.

Good stuff. The hotel has a spectacular view. The pools are clean and almost all the guests are lovely. The reception staff are great. I would like to praise the young lady on reception (long dark hair and amazing smile) who couldn't be more helpful, the bar staff, the cleaners. Actually everyone who works there, were fantastic.

Yesterday, I snorkeled in the warm ocean, kayaked for free (only two kayaks, so book early) and had a free scuba diving lesson, I Ate enough for possibly two people. Had a few drinks served by very friendly staff. Was given an extension on keeping our room for free due to earlier problems.

Overall, we had a brilliant holiday. If we'd paid loads, yes I'd slate this hotel. We paid next to nothing and despite its faults, the location/views/staff outway the bad bits.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a sea or pool view, if you are a couple. Family rooms don't always have this unl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarabingham
London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

For such litle money we kept the 'no moaning' promise and enjoyed ourselves. A clean spacious room with efficient aircon, and a view to die for every morning. Clean pools, good drinks and friendly staff.
The fly problem hit all of Portinatx , everywhere had them.
Have to say the food has got awful, what are they doing to make the fish so bad!
Everywhere could do with a good clean .
While they charge £32 per person all in per night I can't grumble. Eat out every night and go to the beaches in Portinatx to break things up and it will be ok. And keep looking at the view!

Room Tip: Top floor is great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carmeltravelling
england
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited this hotel with my mum for 3 nights in june. The location is lovely and peaceful and the small town is about a 15 minute walk away all downhill. Walking back took about 25 mins! The rooms were clean and sufficient and the views from the balcony and restaurant balcony were superb. Food was a bit samey but staff were polite enough. If you had difficulty walking it would be a place to avoid unfortunately! Pools were clean yet some of the seating areas were generally left with rubbish so a little untidy in parts. Overall a nice enough place-you get what you pay for. But not a lot to do or really going on to warrant staying more than a few nights.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the 4th floor, lovely view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dannimac247
Walsall, West Midlands
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I didn't come here expecting a 5 star hotel when I booked, so was not naive to what could be expected. What I didn't expect was a nasty, pompous excuse for a man in the form of the "manager", raw meat at mealtimes, rubbish and filth everywhere, fleas in the beds and millions of flies because of the filth. The only decent staff were the lifeguard and Martin the night receptionist. There was a particularly nasty little man who worked at the pool bar and he would ignore you when you asked for a large lemonade, then shout abuse about English people fighting when we have large lemonade. I asked for this in Spanish as well and still no good. I still got shouted at, as did several other guests. The shop was a complete rip off, a bottle of water was €2 but 85 cents in town. The staff in there also shout at you for no reason. On our last day we were told there was no way of extending our room despite them advertising this still to guests. As a group of 5 we were given half hour in which to get showered and ready. This place is just like prison, I am shocked we weren't made to shave our headsand get deloused. Needless to say we spent most of of our time in Portinatx, lovely restaurants, beaches and wonderful staff and a great time was had by us all in the end. Please do not stay at this hotel if you value your health, it is so disgusting and unhygienic. I was also disgusted by the barman insisting a disabled woman made her own way to the snack bar as he refused to give her husband 2 toasties. Stay away from this hotel, is the best advice I can give

• Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Portinatx hotels

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a nightmare holiday at this hotel and the only reason it gets 1 out of 5 is because the room was cleaned every day. The food is terrible, basic, and shared with flies! There are no Electric Fly Killers above opening windows, doors, or located close to the food counters. There was a fight whilst we were there by the pool, and the police were called to another incident whilst we were out. We saw them arrive with blue lights flashing as we returned from a feast with flies in Portinatx itself. Adults were getting hammered and using appalling language infront of children so if you don't want your children learning new words, do not go to this hotel! All in all, I wouldn't go back to this hotel if the paid me!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ian W
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our first impressions were that the hotel had a lively ambience, was well maintained and clean.

Despite having to wait 3 hours to check in properly, we were given a brief run down of key areas and information. During our stay the receptionists weren't over helpful, however, he waiting on staff, house keeping and bar tenders were polite and efficient.

Room
A steep (but short) hill to get to most rooms. Decent size with all basic requirements and cleaned each day. No complaints at all.

Facilities
Threes small-medium pools, snack bar, small shop, tennis courts, kayaking cove and basketball court - a great selection of activities. Not overly publicised I must say, which most likely is the result of the animation team, or lack of, leading activities. Despite offering aqua-aerobics and archery I couldn't seem to locate any of the animation team, unless it was at mealtimes.

Location
Typical Balearic beauty. A short 20 minute walk to the beaches (of which there are 3), resteraunts and bars. A further five minutes walk will bring you to the main bus stop, taxi rank and souvenir shops. Meandering further, a delightfully rustic cove close to the famed lighthouse (impressive structure, a medium paced 40 minute trek). The beaches aren't crowded, the sea is clear and warm, and best of all - no pushy tat sellers. An unspoilt location, ideal for relaxing, but by no means boring. Taking several trips, we took a 3 hour train/bus tour of San Miguel and Saint Joan, plus took a bus to Ibiza Town - both well worth a venture.

Food and Drink
As a fussy, eternally dieting, eater the food was fine.
Food - good range and breakfast, and good variety at lunch (delicious soups) but quite same at tea. Fresh ingredients and decent range.
Drink - Cava by the bottle (dangerous). Despite offering non-branded spirits and mixers they had a good range (some rather palatable) so I cannot really complain.

Well worth the money. Yes, there were slight flaws including broken sunbeds, peculiar entertainment and lack of organised activities but overall I would definitely return and I thoroughly recommend. Your holiday is what you make it and my friend and I made the most of it and reaped the benefits - a ruddy good break.

Ideal for couples, families and those looking for a semi-quiet jolly. Not one for mobility issues or those wanting to rave constantly, but nevertheless a super spot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Victoria L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portinatx
Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel
#1 of 9 in Port de Sant Miguel
La Ciguena
La Ciguena
#5 of 9 in Portinatx

Been to Club Vista Bahia? Share your experiences!