“Perfect for a short stay”
Review of Club Vista Bahia

Club Vista Bahia
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Portinatx
Morecambe
“Perfect for a short stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this on the Thursday and flew on the Friday. We have stayed in Portinaxt before but not at this hotel and after reading some of the reviews we were a bit concerned to what we were going to find!

We arrived 9.30pm and the evening buffet had finished, the receptionist organised the chef to make us snacks! There was just me and my partner and they gave us great service! We had the restaurant to our self.

Dont listen to all the bad reviews........people moaning that there is a lot of steps, Ibiza is a mountainous island! A few steps and slopes were not an issue. The views from the 3 pools and the restaurant were out of this world!

The food was ok as we were only there for 3 nights, it would have been an issue if we were there for 7+ days, chips, chicken & pasta! The snack bar was better than the restaurant for lunch. this is the first hotel I have been to that have plastic pint glasses for your beer and to top it of it was San Miguel on draft! Brilliant!

The rooms and complex was clean and tidy, yes it could do with an update (paint etc) but it wasn't too bad.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we had a great laugh with the bar man at the pool bar.

There is a private beach area, no sand but it is very relaxing. The hotel has 2 canoes free of charge you just need to leave a deposit (which you get back) as they give you life jackets. We used these and went along the coast for 1 hour, it was beautiful seeing the island.

Overall we didn't pay a lot so we didn't expect a lot but we got more than we were expecting. The views, 3 pools the friendly staff.......perfect for a short break away!

Room Tip: Request a Sea View. Beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

when we arrived we found we were 130 steps away from our room we were kindly dealt with by a lovely young lady to a lower case the pine trees in front of rooms were a nuisance blocking the lovely view of the bay the room was dirty floors never washed just swept the toilet floor tiles were boken you had to flush 3 times to get rid of waste if you were lucky the food was crap covered in flies they were everywhere in your food in your drinks we spent a lot of money eating away from the hotel the after dinner drinks were served in plastic cups what a joke so was the wine the staff were brilliant but the best advice i can give is avoid this hotel at all costs

Room Tip: dont book high nummbers no lifts many stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josephine A

Travellers are raving about these Portinatx hotels

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had an excellent time at vista Bahia. The pools and the entertainment was fabulous! The staff where very helpful as while over there two of our group lost their passports, the staff rang police and airports for us and eventually found them. the food was okay, enjoyed different meals every lunch and dinner. The area in which the hotel is based is very good. Lots of bars and restaurant. The beach and shops are just a five minute walk into the town. Buses can be caught from the town which can take you to all different parts of the island. However, there are no ramps for people with mobility problems and therefore cannot get into the towns

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Emilyhowl
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

When we first arrived late in the evening everything had shut up. We were greeted by Martin the night porter. Martin was the best thing about this hotel...although he did have us walking across the pool ledge with suitcases as he was too lazy to show us the long and correct route. The next morning we woke to a stunning sea view and the room albeit basic was clean...so far so good yeah? we thought so too until we went downstairs to the hotel and decided to sunbath by the pool. It was inundated with flies. This hotel has a serious issue with flies and im not talking the odd one or two either....it was like a Hitchcock movie and I swear a few have followed me home..Im now having nightmares...I kid you not!! They are all over the food, which by the way reminded me of what you would have seen in a 1960 prison film...actually no scrap that...more like Oliver!! It was total trash ... and on the few occasions we did eat there we just stuck to carbs carbs and more carbs!! Not good!! I paid 40 euro for 4 days worth of wifi, the signal was shocking...the only place I could pick up a good signal was when I was balancing on my big toe on the balcony ledge...scary as we were high up!!! I informed (Mathew) the so called manager of this and he response was "well thats how wifi works, good and bad signal, you have to keep trying" I informed him they should state on their advertisements around the hotel that the wifi is poor in certain areas before people paid for it. He had no interest and told me they wouldnt refund and its "the way it goes" Infact Mathew belittled all of us at one time or another. The staff at this hotel are plain awful!! They favored the spanish over the English. When my fried asked for a large lemonade and said she was only allowed a small and then moments later he gave a spanish man a large. They want to make money out of you anyway they can with added extras and thats fine as its a budget holiday but its the way they go about it...you feel totally conned and manners cost nothing. You could honestly not pay me to go back to this hotel. Although Portinax itself is one of the nicest places ive ever seen...the restaurants are stunning and the beaches are too. My advise is stay away from Fawlty towers or should I say The Bates motel??!! Stay in the apartments or the hotel by the beach and harbor in portinax. Trust me do not go here !! Oh I forgot to add the entertainment at the hotel..... rahahahahahahaahaha

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 151Jolene
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We got back 10 hrs ago. Great to be home but after filling up with a uk sunday lunch I'd love to wake up tomorrow at the Vista Bahia. We always book cheap holidays and never expect much. With cheap all inclusive, all we want is a decent room to sleep in, hopefully we'll be able to eat some of the food (at the very least cereal & fruit for breakfast, bread, soup & salad for lunch and dinner are enough for us to last a week). Being able to have a few free drinks means we dont have to spend a fortune.

We paid approx £230 each for a weeks all inclusive. The reality is, it cost us £500 for a weeks self catering in the Lake District in rainy March in a caravan!

We arrived at the hotel at approx 3am. Mathew on reception gave us a lovely smiley welcome, we also got basic food & drinks which we didnt expect. Yes we had a problem with our room (hadn't been cleaned) but it was sorted out quickly. Mathew was distraught and offered a different room but we decided to stay in original one, I made up the beds myself with clean bedding provided.

We were in room 908, it has the most amazing view, free air con(a must) & Wi Fi but no hairdryer(although website say rooms have them, they don't & are 15 euros to hire).

The hotel is a bit grubby, but the maids work really hard(room cleaned daily, although just tidied not always new bedding and fresh towels) The steps to some rooms are murder but the views and quietness are worth it.

The flies were absolute murder, I did on occasion look like I was having a fit due to slapping them. The worst thing was they were all over the food. When getting breakfast/lunch/dinner we picked food which was underneath other things in the hope it was unflied. During the week the fly situation did start to improve as they bleached the outside floor areas, free spilt drinks don't help the fly situation! Is that the guests fault or the hotels?

The food is pretty poor. Not much choice and if your a fussy eater, you better like salad and ice cream. For me, I eat anything and unfortunately have come back a stone heavier. Boo. My fella is a fussy eater and came home hungry, he wouldn't have lasted 2 weeks.

The toilet in our room broke. Told reception, they said it was fixed 3 hrs later, it wasn't. Complained again, they said it was fixed. It wasn't. Two days with no loo. Finally spoke to repair man, found out they thought I said shower not toilet. He'd fixed the unbroken shower 3 times. Once language barrier overcome, toilet was fixed immediately.

last bad info. With cheap all inclusive holidays, you still get the meths and Jeremy kyle fodder. During our holiday, as told by another reviewer, their were two arguments and at one the police came. To be honest, this one family. Definitely not the hotels fault. We met loads of lovely people, you can spot the ones to avoid within 10 secs. Normally by the bottom pool next to the bar. (you wouldn't want to walk too far for a drink!!!) Unfortunately the bottom pool is also by the kids club.

Good stuff. The hotel has a spectacular view. The pools are clean and almost all the guests are lovely. The reception staff are great. I would like to praise the young lady on reception (long dark hair and amazing smile) who couldn't be more helpful, the bar staff, the cleaners. Actually everyone who works there, were fantastic.

Yesterday, I snorkeled in the warm ocean, kayaked for free (only two kayaks, so book early) and had a free scuba diving lesson, I Ate enough for possibly two people. Had a few drinks served by very friendly staff. Was given an extension on keeping our room for free due to earlier problems.

Overall, we had a brilliant holiday. If we'd paid loads, yes I'd slate this hotel. We paid next to nothing and despite its faults, the location/views/staff outway the bad bits.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a sea or pool view, if you are a couple. Family rooms don't always have this unl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarabingham
London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

For such litle money we kept the 'no moaning' promise and enjoyed ourselves. A clean spacious room with efficient aircon, and a view to die for every morning. Clean pools, good drinks and friendly staff.
The fly problem hit all of Portinatx , everywhere had them.
Have to say the food has got awful, what are they doing to make the fish so bad!
Everywhere could do with a good clean .
While they charge £32 per person all in per night I can't grumble. Eat out every night and go to the beaches in Portinatx to break things up and it will be ok. And keep looking at the view!

Room Tip: Top floor is great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carmeltravelling
england
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited this hotel with my mum for 3 nights in june. The location is lovely and peaceful and the small town is about a 15 minute walk away all downhill. Walking back took about 25 mins! The rooms were clean and sufficient and the views from the balcony and restaurant balcony were superb. Food was a bit samey but staff were polite enough. If you had difficulty walking it would be a place to avoid unfortunately! Pools were clean yet some of the seating areas were generally left with rubbish so a little untidy in parts. Overall a nice enough place-you get what you pay for. But not a lot to do or really going on to warrant staying more than a few nights.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the 4th floor, lovely view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dannimac247
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portinatx
Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel
#1 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel
La Ciguena
La Ciguena
#5 of 9 in Portinatx

Been to Club Vista Bahia? Share your experiences!