Club Vista Bahia
US$196
US$188
US$186
TripAdvisor
Apartments Mar y Playa(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
  • Beachfront
Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel(Portinatx)
La Ciguena(Portinatx)
Grupotel Oasis(Portinatx)
  • Pool
Hotel Ibiza Playa(Ibiza Town)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 10 nights here with 9 of us 4 adults 4 teenagers and a 6 year old, on arrival early hours , we were told we could use the restaurant help ourselves to food and drink, the hotel does need some cosmetic work, entertainment staff wasn't very entertaining this was a let down , food was good, lots of variety with exceptional views of the sunset ,pools was big enough 3 of them, bar pool served food aswell as drinks , all inclusive bar finished at 11.45pm, beach is down hill lots if steps, great for snorkelling , portinax is a 10 minute walk away with bars and a sandy beach.

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank emma l
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked this holiday all separate i.e flights / transfers and the hotel & only paid £480 pp for 9 nights 10 days in August, we are a large party of 9 guests, made up of 2 family's --family 1 - 2 adults 2 teenagers & one 6 year old , family 2 - 2 adults & 2 teenagers so we wasn't expecting a 5 star experience just as long it was clean.

When we arrived at the Club Vista Bahia it was the early hours of the morning, the male receptionist was polite and issued us with our keys and wrist bands, with no drama, we were told we could have refreshments in the restaurant, which was upstairs, as we entered the restaurant the air conditioning was obviously broken as the heat was ridiculous in there , there was meats, cheese & bread rolls on offer which looked dried up and warm which had salmonella written all over them so we only took advantage of a cold drink, served in plastic cups, very classy!!!!! & when I lifted a chair up to move it, the back of it came off in my hand...you can see whats in store!!?!
We then dragged our cases up 3 flights of steep stairs and a steep hill and finally found our rooms, when we entered our room we were greeted with a very basic open plan room with 5 single beds, a tiny bathroom and one wardrobe, the room was clearly no way near big enough for 5 of us, I moved the furniture around just to make room for all our belongings and cases. The air con in the room was a joke and only just about worked with the patio door closed & there was a musty damp smell in the air..
The next morning when we opened the curtains & walked onto our small balcony, we were greeted by the most spectacular view you could ask for, over looking the bay with luxury boats in the water but was brought back down to earth when I noticed an ant colony in the corner of our room climbing all over the beds and on the bed sheets! Talking of bed sheets don't expect them change daily or weekly because they weren't, we were there for 9 days and had the same sheets for our duration, same goes for towels every 2 or 3 days they were changed so we had to ask at reception for clean towels !!

We went down for breakfast to explore the surroundings and noticed that all the sun beds had towels on them and later found out you have to get up at silly o clock to reserve them( not an idea of a holiday when you have to get up early for work the rest of the year) but unfortunately that's what you have to do as there isn't enough beds to cater for all the guests in this hotel.

The sun beds are uncomfortable and broken and also to mention that there are only an handful of umbrellas around the pool area to keep out the sun but plenty of bases so my advice if you are coming to this hotel is bring one with you.
The 3 pools are cleanish but do need some TLC as there are many broken mosaic tiles missing and there is damp and mould around the side of the pool behind the waterfalls, I didn't really see them cleaned everyday either.

Anyway back to breakfast it consisted of a very basic setup streaky fatty bacon, sausages boiled eggs scrambled eggs beans and toast that needed about 4 blasts in an old toasting machine, Cheap Cereal and fruit & it didn't change for the duration of the holiday as like lunch and diner always chips rice pasta, salads and 2 or 3 meat or fish dishes, the dining room as mentioned early was so hot you couldn't really sit in, so you had to sit outside, the canopies outside were broken except 2 which everyone rushed to sit under to keep out of the sun and the miserable waiting staff were at times rude and to see a waitress walking around with a 5 inch open wound on her leg did put you off your food!! But the view over looking the bay was breath taking and to witness the sun going down whilst eating your meal was amazing...

The pool bar opened at 11am and closed 6pm, San Miguel beer on tap and soft drinks,water, sangria and spirits all available but they stuck to a strict rule of only 2 drinks per person, burgers chips and toasties also on offer, at times you did have to wait in a biggish queue as the lack of staff was very oblivious across the whole complex and at times the pool life guard was helping out serve drinks( so god help anyone in trouble in the swimming pools)

The animation team consisted of 2 young girls, they have no idea how to get people involved with the very small range of activities on offer which consisted of water polo and water aerobics and the entertainment at night consisted of bingo being announced through a broken PA system, so you couldn't really hear the numbers coming out or a parrot show! Very exciting ! So my advice if you planning on coming to this hotel is have a walk down to Portinax and visit Vincent's bar, they have acts, magicians and karaoke nights which we did go on the very last night and wished we had done it for some of our other evenings.

On our last day we had to be out of our room For midday and due to a night flight we spent the whole day round the pool then got showered by the pool side which was no real drama.

The one receptionist at this hotel is rude, obnoxious, no manners and clearly does not have any customer service skills, she talks down to you like a piece of dirt on your shoe and really needs to be sacked, she is vile! on our last morning (early) of our holiday i asked kindly if she would telephone our transfer company I booked through resorthoopa to confirm our pick up time which was at 22:55hrs and she was being awkward making excuses saying the company would email the hotel & to come back after lunch to enquire which I did, still no confirmation after lunch so I asked her again to telephone for me but again she refused to telephone & to come back after tea time, so I waited till 17:30hr and again no confirmation I asked her again to telephone and she flipped and started shouting out me stating there was a public telephone outside just use it!!! Absolutely disgusting attitude.

I did mange to speak to the company to arrange our transfer via my mobile phone at my expense but the coach transfer did not turn up for us, my 6 year old got deeply upset crying uncontrollably that we would not get home & we would miss our flight home and the drama of getting 3 taxis at 60 euros each and going to the cash point machine to pay for the taxis and nearly missing our flight, put a big damper on our holiday. I know this was no fault of the hotel but if the rude receptionist had telephoned the company first thing on the morning maybe the coach would have arrived.??

Summary
The old saying you pay for what you get, this hotel could be so so special, they have all the foundations for being a fantastic hotel it has a great location over looking the bay stunning sunsets and some great snorkelling in the deep blue sea but it's in NEED of a full restoration as it is tired and run down, the place needs new everything, more staff, a new animation team & a new PA System and they need to replace the rude receptionist.

Hope this review helps anyone visiting this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Ade W
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We've just arrived back from this hotel. Firstly I have 2 kids aged 11 and 8 who loved the pools and made friends with some nice kids. Be prepared to bin your swimwear when you get back,all ours turned a green/yellow Colour . Food is terrible,don't get me wrong I knew it was a 3 star so I guessed it wouldn't be great but I never expected some of the stuff that they put in the troffs but I'm lucky the kids like cold chips. I only noticed the pool area cleaned once, the bins were overflowing plastic cups blown into the pools. Our room wasn't to bad we were in 407 so not to far to walk. Ok now the plus side, amazing views and sunsets the beach is lovely and not to far to walk only 10 mins with some nice places to eat out which is lucky really. I would definitely go back to portinax but would definitely not be going back to this in my view less than 1 star hotel but you get what you pay for sometimes and we only booked this 3 weeks ago as a last Minuit deal. Next year I'm booking a 4 star minimum and not enduring a dirty hotel again. But we just laughed our way through and still had a great holiday. Enjoy lol

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Richard150971
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday the 10th of august, around 2am in the morning, so the hotel was pretty quiet. Greeted by 'Matthew' who took our passports & wouldn't give them back until the next day, weird we thought! He pointed us upstairs for something to eat & drink; polite :) only to find, stale bread & stale ham; clearly been there since lunchtime, and drinks? Cleaning fluid out the drinks dispensers! So we gave up on that and went back to our room (221). When we walked in there was a strange smell, very strange, like damp, mould & dodgy cleaning fluids all mixed into one! I've posted a few pictures of the room so you can see what state it was in! The whole room, ceilings, walls, furniture, all damp! And it absolutely stunk! I hung a jacket in the wardrobe, took it out, and let's just say! It wasn't wearable! The next day we went for breakfast; expecting bacon, sausages, the usual deal. Yes there was bacon & sausage, just not the pork kind! It was vile, the food just wasn't edible. We booked this holiday all-inclusive, and throughout the week, we ate in the restaurant 3 times. And drank from the bar once! The food just isn't good at all, the chicken tastes like fish & the fish tastes like chicken! It's a 3 star resort, the travel agents when we booked were all 'you'll love it! It's a beautiful place! You'll have a great time' NOT QUITE. The scenery is beautiful, absolutely breath taking! Rocky beach & the sea is gorgeous! Regardless wether it's a 1,2,3 or 4 star resort, it should be clean! Our room was a disgrace! There isn't much happening throughout the day, we couldn't get a sun lounger at all, there were people laying on towels on the floor, it's understandable that it's the middle of the school holidays & it'll be busy, but wow. Putting towels on sun loungers the night before?!. We spent every day down at Portinatx beach instead, which is a 10 minute walk from the resort :) beautiful place! Gorgeous beaches! Food is lovely! & the alcohol doesn't taste like paint stripper :) if you want a sun lounger & umbrella, it's 15 euro's. That's for two sun loungers & one umbrella, all day, which isn't a lot really, in fact it's nothing because the difference between our hotel & Portinatx is unreal! What next? Oh the bad mannered staff :) the lady on reception during the day, long brown hair, Spanish.. Please don't ask her to do anything for you, as it's an inconvenience! I tried on two occasions to complain to reception, first time, it was 18:00 when we got back to the hotel after being at Portinatx all day, our room hadn't been cleaned (for the 3rd time)! So after waiting at reception for 20 minutes, nobody was around, I saw a cleaner on my way back to the room, she came and sorted it, which she wasn't very happy about; but the rooms should be cleaned, and the towels should be changed, they wasn't! And toilet roll? I'd put some in your suitcase because once it's gone, it's gone, unless asked, they won't replace it!On the day we were leaving, I went to reception, 9am, to ask if we could keep our room on as we wasn't leaving the hotel until midnight, and check out is 12:00pm. She said 'no', just no, no paperwork, no checks to see if it was available, NOTHING! So she said you can have a half hour slot to shower in another room before you leave, which was great so we said yes please, 18:30 :) so! 18:30 comes.. Where were we sent? ROOM 221! The room we've been in all week which was free all day as we were the first & last ones to shower! Now to me that's just spiteful! It had been raining all day on leaving day 'Saturday the 16th' we had to sit in reception for 12 hours! And they were quite happy to sit and watch! Around 9pm we went outside to sit on the balcony behind reception before we left, the snack bar, straight opposite by pool two.. RATS! Yes rats, coming from the bushes on the left hand side, in and around the snack bar. So mould, damp, rats, food that isn't edible, alcohol that all tastes the same (paint stripper) & staff that are just rude! would never stay here again! We are going to go to another part of Ibiza, because this whole week has been a complete & utter waste of time! Instead of coming back from a holiday & feeling refreshed, we feel terrible! Chest infection, sickness & headaches! I've never been happier to see my front door! Just avoid this place completely, it's such a shame because the hotel has massive potential, but by the looks of things over time it's just been pushed further and further into the ground! Thomson have got a lot of explaining to do first thing Monday morning! We paid £1,400 for this holiday, which was a complete joke! Because we booked all inclusive, which we didn't use! Overall it's cost just over £2,000 with the holiday cost plus whatever it's cost us on food & drink down at Portinatx, if we wanted self-catering we would've booked self-catering! Absolute rip off, and the place is a joke. Thomson if your reading this, in fact anywhere, just take this place out of your brochure! Health hazard!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephaniie B
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Such a shame. This could be such a delightful place to stay and if someone spent some money - a lot of money- it could be truly lovely. I had read the reviews before I left so I my expectations were not high! It wasnt all bad I have to say. I found my room spotlessly clean - the maid was lovely and helpful - fresh towels not a problem - if you asked politely!The view is gorgeous - you dont get that sort of view very often - i know - i travel a lot!
The food was actually not that bad! They even try to cater for most English tastes- Lasagne- cottage pie-chips! The paella was lovely and the wine was adequate.Just the standard all inclusive you can find in most establishments in the Mediterranean.. Even though the hotel was full- I managed to get a table on the terrace at every mealtime.However - I heard a lot of people complaining about the food and everyone I spoke to said they wouldn't go back to this hotel. I would -I think!
Very understaffed - table didnt get cleared of empty plates as quickly as it should be but they did appear to be very understaffed. Only two barmen on at night - really? At peak season?Good job the British have a reputation for queuing. However - those 2 barmen ( one night there was only one) worked hard and cheerfully.
The entertainment at night was really poor - mainly aimed at the kids who were still up and running around at 12 midnight.
Not easy to get around either in or out of the hotel but it is a very pleasant walk down to the beaches which were beautiful - i didn't feel confident about making the journey down at night though which is a shame as I like to stroll out in the evening to take in the local atmosphere. Taxi back from Portinatx wasn't cheap like some other resorts - but necessary - its an uphill climb to get back to the resort.
As i said before - I am lucky that I travel a lot so this wasn't too much of a problem for me. However - if I had saved hard for my 1-2 weeks in the sun on my only holiday of the year - I would've been massively and understandably disappointed. .
So , whoever owns this hotel- think again!Spent some money -sort out the dreadful and totally useless air conditioning,invest in some decent sunbeds and parasols. Improve the decor make it a chic and welcoming place that compliments the natural beauty of the place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo