“Sunbed corruption ”

Hanioti Grandotel Hotel
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Hanioti
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

So when we decided to reserve a "all inclusive" type of stay, one of the crucial deciders was the fact that with "all inclusive" you have free sunbeds on the beach. Of course, when we came there, we saw that there aren't nearly as much sunbeds as there are people with "all inclusive" package. Of course, we expected to be given a advantage over other non "all inclusive" guests. That, however, wasn't the case so we ended up not having sunbed(s) a single day during our stay. One option was to wake up at 6 and "reserve" the sunbed(s), of course that wasn't an option because we came to rest from everything, and waking up at 6 simply is torturing. However, we were given a option to bribe the person who is responsible for keeping the beach. Now, you tell me, should I, the man who payed really a lot for "all inclusive" package, pay a man to reserve sunbeds for me? If you came here to be at the beach whole day, you will have to invest some money in bribing the person responsible for the beach. Just ew.
SERVICES : 1/5 (no sunbeds, small pool, no gym, bad table tennis racquets)
POOL/BEACH BAR: 2,5/5 (one drink restriction, plastic cups)
ROOMS: 2/5 (small, double and triple rooms are same size)
STAFF: 4/5 (everybody is pleasant and they smile, except the person who keeps the beach (old guy))
FOOD: 4/5 (practically the same every day, no barbecue)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Bojan P

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hello! I spent one week last year, in September, in Hanioti Grandotel Hotel and it was really pleasant. The view from the room was directly to the sea, it was quite nice to see the sunrise each morning from the balcony and to have breakfast on the terace into a lovely atmoshere. The cleaning is made every day, the rooms are big and cousy, the food is variate and really good. I really liked that the hotel was situated on the beach, we could take long walks on the seashore every night after dinner, the sea was calm and the water really cold. Hanioti is a quiet place, with enjoyable people and diversity. It was nice to stay there and enjoy our summer holiday only for a week!

I recommend this place for everione who likes to relax and feel the breeze on a summer day. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aurorici86
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very nice hotel with a great location. Wasn't very sound proof though. We had a very hard time sleeping with our loud neighbors up until after midnight and then their kid scream crying every time he had to go to bed or wake up in the morning. We actually did go a pharmacy and purchased earplugs. Other reviewers are right that the 4 star rating isn't up to american standards. If you go there expecting a 4 star you might be disappointed however it is a very nice hotel with a great breakfast. We were very happy with our sea view and had a great experience!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Efstathios K
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Really good and diverse cuisine. Great location on the beach and near to the center. Great service from all employees. Drinks all the day. For sure I will come back and I will recommend the hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Advertised as a four star hotel, but not up to American standards. Russian managed hotel with an awesome beach, but the rooms are not good. Air conditioning only on if you are in the room, so expect an unbearably hot room for a few hours every night. Showers only and they were tiny. The included breakfast and lunch buffet was passable. Wifi wasn't working when we stayed. Staff not very friendly. Parking was included, which was a plus. Thankfully we were only there to eat & sleep, as we were exploring the beauty of Greece most of the time!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 28 July 2013

THIS IS A REVIEW OF THE HOTEL'S RESTAURANT
Looking for a hotel with a buffet we could eat at as paying guests (we did this regularly last year at the Pella Beach Hotel but this year they had changed their policy on non-residents) we stumbled upon the 4-star beachfront Grand Hotel. For a very reasonable €15 per person we were allowed as much as we wanted to eat and drink.
Overall the food was good, nicely prepared and well\presented. We arrived at what was a very busy time and so there were some queues, but that’s the nature of buffets.
Having had years of experience of a 4-star hotel and buffet in Corfu, we agreed that this buffet was more 3-star in terms of the variety and breadth on offer. Nonetheless, very good value and only a short walk from the main square in Hanioti.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Dear all, who would like to know the truth when traveling.
I had 6 months early booking on the hotel (2 + kid). I was expecting a lot but...

Even that I had early booking, other guests probably had priority and I receive roof extension with elevator in the room. Yes this was not planned to be a room, or it is planned for the staff. The size is less than 9m2 (under every HOSTEL STANDARD), and it is impossible to be used as double + kid. At the reception I ask for normal room, but they said that did not planned me and other guests had priority. (THIS IS HUMILIATION). They offered me All inclusive as compensation.
I did not agree because, it was impossible to sleep with my family in the room that I`ve got. Then they offered me free parking. Free parking (THIS IS HUMILIATING). The hotel has own parking but does not allow hotel guests :) This was something new. They charge 15 Euros per Day. I pay less in London and Copenhagen.
NEXT HUMILIATION, they offered me a single room for me, so my wife and kid can sleep normal in the roof. Wow, 6 months I am planning the vacation with my family, and now ....

After I spent whole day on the telephone, representatives from the tour operator came and convince me to stay only for two days in the room, and than the receptionist promised see view and new room. OK, I agree because, I was tired, my family also, after driving and arguing until 20:00h. For two days I was sleeping on floor.

After two days I went to reception around 12:00, when the same receptionist told me that, they gave my room, before, since they thought I was OK, and again there is no room for me. Again same procedure, telephone calls whole day, fighting, yelling, humiliation.
I was asking my money back from the first day, but they would not give it to me, and they would not provide me with what I paid.

The fourth day I got a normal room, with 2cm of see view, actually it was more parking/garbage container view, but I was tired of humiliation and arguing.

I stop to speak with receptionist, because they humiliated me and my family several times.

The normal room was OK, little bit more make-up than quality products. Even that the room looks new the beds are terrible, and the kids bed was incredibly loud (metal springs).

The baths in both room have only shower place (R-70/80) very small, without cabin, so the pvc canvas stick to your body when you shower.

If you like to have a sun bed on the beach, get up around 5.30-6 am and put a towel on a free sunbed and then go back to bed.

FOOD: Very good (4-), very little fresh fruits, but a lot of choices. The staff at the restaurant is very nice.

ALL INCLUSIVE is not really "all" and not really "exclusive". You have lunch, only pool bar working from 10-22, ice-cream only for kids <12 yrs from 16-18, cocktails 20-22 and no charge for sun beds). If you are normal guest, you pay 6 Euros for sun bed.

P.S. While writing, I see the 3 hotel flags (Russian, Tour operator, EU flag-turned upside down), no hotel sign/flag, no country flag. If they don`t respect they hotel and country what should we expect from they service

Room Tip: Ask for a normal room ~16m2., see view flors 2/3.