“Very Good Place to Stay”
Review of Naias Hotel

Naias Hotel
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hanioti
Wollongong, Australia
“Very Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This place was good... Its on a small beach but still has a pool.. If you have little children there is a life guard standing by to watch them so they dont drown. You dont have to pay to be on the beach you give the man in charge your room number then you wont have to pay. The breakfast is good by Greek standards and the other meals that you can order, at anytime, are good. The staff are friendly and sometimes they have Greek nights impromtue. I stayed in this place for 5 nights and added an addtional 3 nights as it was so good. If you have little children you will be happy as it is very safe and there are lots of other people with little children there also... We are Australian and had no little children but it was not a problem. If it were I would write it on here and let you know. The place is big enough that kids were not a problem. It is walking distance to the little village of Hanioti which has some nice shops and good Taverna's. But for me the Hotel Naias has good food so stay in for dinner if you like to then take a wander up the road and have a coffee or a drink. There really isnt much else to do around here so if you want to relax it is perfect... I dont usually relax but I found the 8 days I spent were very nice. I really liked this place and I am hard to please.

Room Tip: There are two sections to this hotel, one either side of a road. Ask for a room/apartment closest...
3 Thank Sandra M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Llanaelhaearn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have chosen to stay at the Naias four times now. It is unfailingly comfortable, clean and welcoming. Return visits to some establishments allow observation of deterioration as well as changes, absolutely no deterioration here. The swimming pools have been refurbished during the time we've been visiting and other parts of the hotel seem to undergo improvements in turn. Everything is maintained to an extremely high standard, nothing is ever allowed to become shabby. The service is super-efficient and very friendly every time, accommodation is spacious, well equipped, clean and comfortable - facilitating a properly relaxing holiday.
Unable to comment on the restaurant as we have not eaten there.

Room Tip: Apartments cost the same as the smaller studios (certainly when booking through Thomson).
2 Thank Sam V
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We read the trip advisor reports and settled on this hotel, especially as my travel agent said it had rooms suitable for people in wheelchairs. We were given a ground-floor apartment which was quite spacious but had a step out onto the terrace, which I therefore could not use. :(

There were three of us, my husband and myself took the bedroom which had two single beds pushed together, not great mattresses but not too bad by Greek standards. However, my 6' 4" son had to sleep on the sofa. No, not a sofa bed, it did not pull out or extend at all and he spent a fortnight sleeping curled up, squashed and very uncomfortable, resulting in back and neck pains. It was only really suitable for a child. :(

The apartment was kept clean. Though we were told that bedding and towels were changed 6 times a week this was not the case and I often found the sheets had been moved top to bottom or (worse) between the beds. :( :(

We were across the road from the reception (the hotel is in two separate buildings) and there was a small, home-made ramp from the driveway to the road. Unfortunately, people often parked right across the base of the ramp, effectively sealing me into the building. And trying to find the person responsible by telephoning reception and asking (nicely) for help got me nowhere - they did not know who had parked there and could not be held responsible. :(

Wi-fi was charged for and had very poor reception and reliability. We then found that nearly every bar, cafe, restaurant, etc. offered free Wi-fi to customers, with no limits. As they only seemed to change a password every 3 or 4 days anyone could have used it that long for the price of one drink.

NO SUN BEDS around the pool!!!!!!!!!!! The sunbeds were provided on the beach (at a charge). As a disabled person I could not access the beach and could not possibly swim in the sea (or even paddle!). So I need to use the pool. There were chairs but no beds. I asked about paying for a bed and moving it up to the pool but this brought shocked looks and a decisive no. I explained my difficulties but there was no attempt on their part to try to find a solution. :( :( We found one - we used the pool at the Hanioti Palace just up the road - free and plenty of free sunbeds, parasols, tables and chairs. Very friendly staff too.

The food we had at the hotel was decidedly average. There was an extremely limited menu. Breakfast consisted of a buffet which ha no recognisable items. There was something which looked like red mashed potato? Mounds of white, lard-like substances? We ate elsewhere. The main meal menu consisting of a choice of 4 pastas and various sauces to go with them, several variations on a risotto, salads and sea food. Except they had no sea food! ("Sorry, I know it sounds silly when we are on the sea but we find it difficult to buy. We may have frozen sea food next week"). I ordered a starter of grilled mushrooms and cream cheese. When it arrived the mushrooms were swimming in oil and were topped with a crumbled hard cheese. The waitress said it was a mistake on the menu, not in the kitchen, and had difficulty taking in it was not what I had ordered. :( :(

Food in surrounding restaurants was also generally below par and we realised why when we saw a van coming along regularly to deliver pre-prepared food to the restaurants, many of which were run by eastern Europeans. I usually love Greek food but this was not authentic and was warmed up to order. However, for a good breakfast try the Corner Cafe and the meals were good at To ελληνική (The Greek) down at the sea front.

I rate the hotel at 2, 1 for the cleanliness and 1 for the room size. All in all, a huge disappointment and definitely NOT somewhere we would go again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan C
Cape Verde SAL
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Been home a week and miss the place already, we stayed in a studio which are basic but for us it was just a bed to sleep in, they are cleaned everyday and towels and bedding are also changed daily they are spacious for studios with big wardrobes and drawer space. The tiny kitchen was fully equipped wouldn't of fancied cooking in there tho it is small!! We were on the ground floor so didn't need the aircon the room was just the right temperature. The hotel itself is very clean the staff are wonderful nothing is too much trouble we ate there in the afternoon a few times the food is nice and reasonably priced. Location is perfect right on the beach yes it's pebbles and the sea has rocks in take sea shoes problem solved! The water is crystal clear and not too choppy perfect for small children. The hotel charges €5 per day for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella (they are a decent standard as well not the usual crap) but come on your on your holiday and the country is struggling what's €5? And the staff will happily bring your drinks and food down to you so you actually don't ever have to move lol. Wifi is €20 for a week the signal isn't great in some parts of the hotel and it times out so you have to keep logging in which can be a pain we used it for imessage facetime and whats app saved us a fortune on txt and calls. All the staff are lovely genuine and very happy to please you but the highlight of our holiday was the barman Leo he is one of life's greats all he wants is for you to enjoy your holiday and he will do everything he can to make sure you do. I drink dark rum and ginger ale I only mentioned it once the next day he arrived with ginger ale and Havana club rum I couldn't find it anywhere!! Prepare yourself for late nights with this guy as his one for the road usually ends up 3 or 4. Hanioti caters for everyone a perfect all rounder I would say, there's enough restaurants bars and shops to keep you entertained and very reasonably priced too a meal with with drinks for 2 was roughly €30-€40 you get a free dessert everywhere!! I have never been back to the same place twice as I think the world is too big, but we shall defiantly be returning to Hanioti and will defiantly be staying at hotel Naias. So what you waiting for get stop reading this review and get your bags packed...Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Our ground floor room didn't require aircon
4 Thank Kerry F
Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have stayed at this hotel last weekend and have a wonderful holiday vacation.
We have stayed in family apartment enough for 4 persons.Staff was very pleasant and friendly,
rooms and whole hotel very clean .We have half board and breakfast was rich,with variety choice of food and it was same with the dinner.My only bad remark is about free wi-fi because the signal in the room was very week.Kitchen was fully equipped with plates,glasses,oven coffee maker,etc.
Location of the hotel is perfect right on the beach,but the beach for itself is narrow,not sandy and there are rocks in the water.Hotel is also close to the center of village about 10 minutes on feet.
So J want to recommend to all travellers either for short stay or full holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank gorance
Kumanovo, Macedonia
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Hanioti is good town for family with small kid/kids. There are a lot of restourants with good food for convenient price, a lot of kids korners around with positive atmosphere. We did not like hanioti beach, is very narrow, congested with peables, there are not sendy beaches around. We went every time to Xenia beach, 10-12 km on the south at the Paliuri area. Xenia is just excelent beach. Have in mind that everywhere you have to pay for the sunbads from 4-7 euros and you have one drink, It's getting crazy with those sunbads and ambrellas, but is inevitable if you do not like to carry all those appliances with you.
I was with wife and 2 year old daughter in September 2012, perfect time, weather was just perfect.
We booked standard room at Naias hotel with brekfast. Hotel is 3 star and totally deserves the rating. Room was a bit small, but spacious and did not bother to us, completely meet all our expectations. Cleaninig was daily and staff was very polite and change the towels every day. There was small kitchenete with all accesories. Breakfast was the same every day, but whatever was served was fresh with good quality. Kids playground is small, but nice. Beach area was in good order, clean,with peables, no sand. I did not like the charging for 2 sunbeds and ambrella, which was not expensive-5 euros, but that is everywhere, you can not avoid it. As I mentioned, we traveled and were at Xenia beach, sometimes we paid for f....g sunbeds :), sometimes used ours. We've been in older wing of hotel, but did not matter at all, we liked our room. I am guessing, rooms in newer wing are better, not sure. Pool looked ok, we did not use it. Hotel is on 5 minutes walk frrom Hanioti downtown, which is very convenient for short stroll around with small kid before going to bed.
All in all, Naias is very good hotel in his class and we recomend it. We like to go to new places, but if we go to Hanioti again this hotel will be definitely an option.
Pefcohory is in 3 km distance, it is more congested and there are more bars, pubs and clubs. Hanioti is less exited if you look for nightlife. You must visit Aphitos, it is on 15 km up north from Hanioti. It is old style town with many good restorants and really good view to the sea.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank NeboJsha
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Naias Beach Hotel, is in a great location close to village centre and is directly on the beech.This ideal location for a familay frendly resort with small pool for children and play area.Food avalable all day good choice and fairly priced. The staff are very friendly and full of fun and do there best to make your holiday fun. The real gem of the staff is Leonardo on the bar, nothing is too much trouble for him and is full of fun and gets everyone together at night around the bar talking to each othere (The reson for us having so many late nights).Would highly recomend this hotel and will be back soon.

Room Tip: Try the new block just across the road very uptodate.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple