“Perfect for families”
Review of Naias Hotel

Naias Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Hanioti
Reviewed 3 October 2013

An excellent hotel for families with a nice pool area, a playground and close proximity to the beach. The rooms are quite big and are being cleaned every day. The staff is very service minded and most of them speak english fluently. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank Vegard001
There are newer reviews for Naias Hotel

Reviewed 25 September 2013

From the moment we arrived we felt very comfortable , The room we were given was across the road from the main building , but was very clean and had a lovely little balcony that we could sit on and watch the world go by, Our linen in the room , (bed and towels) were changed every other day and our room was cleaned every day., We have been to Hanioti before and found the village had changed a lot since the last time we were there although the local people are still as friendly and helpful as ever, We had some delicious meals at the Tropicania , Lastly a big big thank you to all at the Naias especially Leon in the Pool bar for making our holiday special ,

Room Tip: Room 500, although on a main road was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nannypat3
Reviewed 16 September 2013

arrived early afternoon and immediately impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel/apartments and the grounds .apartments quite basic but everything you need is there, daily maid service was an unexpected bonus .the pools (2 off) very clean and beach on your doorstep really good. but the best part is the pool bar run predominantly by Leonardo who is just great !!!! and the food at the bar is really very good for light lunchtime snacks or if you fancy it a larger meal.
All in all great and easy place to be.

Room Tip: rooms at back quieter but fairly quiet throughout
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bkbob54
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This year it was our third experience at Naias but by far the best one.we have booked the appartment and since we have 2 children (2 and 10 years old) they gave us one at the ground floor.it was simply amazing.Go for it!

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank Flashbogdi
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This place was good... Its on a small beach but still has a pool.. If you have little children there is a life guard standing by to watch them so they dont drown. You dont have to pay to be on the beach you give the man in charge your room number then you wont have to pay. The breakfast is good by Greek standards and the other meals that you can order, at anytime, are good. The staff are friendly and sometimes they have Greek nights impromtue. I stayed in this place for 5 nights and added an addtional 3 nights as it was so good. If you have little children you will be happy as it is very safe and there are lots of other people with little children there also... We are Australian and had no little children but it was not a problem. If it were I would write it on here and let you know. The place is big enough that kids were not a problem. It is walking distance to the little village of Hanioti which has some nice shops and good Taverna's. But for me the Hotel Naias has good food so stay in for dinner if you like to then take a wander up the road and have a coffee or a drink. There really isnt much else to do around here so if you want to relax it is perfect... I dont usually relax but I found the 8 days I spent were very nice. I really liked this place and I am hard to please.

Room Tip: There are two sections to this hotel, one either side of a road. Ask for a room/apartment closest...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have chosen to stay at the Naias four times now. It is unfailingly comfortable, clean and welcoming. Return visits to some establishments allow observation of deterioration as well as changes, absolutely no deterioration here. The swimming pools have been refurbished during the time we've been visiting and other parts of the hotel seem to undergo improvements in turn. Everything is maintained to an extremely high standard, nothing is ever allowed to become shabby. The service is super-efficient and very friendly every time, accommodation is spacious, well equipped, clean and comfortable - facilitating a properly relaxing holiday.
Unable to comment on the restaurant as we have not eaten there.

Room Tip: Apartments cost the same as the smaller studios (certainly when booking through Thomson).
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam V
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We read the trip advisor reports and settled on this hotel, especially as my travel agent said it had rooms suitable for people in wheelchairs. We were given a ground-floor apartment which was quite spacious but had a step out onto the terrace, which I therefore could not use. :(

There were three of us, my husband and myself took the bedroom which had two single beds pushed together, not great mattresses but not too bad by Greek standards. However, my 6' 4" son had to sleep on the sofa. No, not a sofa bed, it did not pull out or extend at all and he spent a fortnight sleeping curled up, squashed and very uncomfortable, resulting in back and neck pains. It was only really suitable for a child. :(

The apartment was kept clean. Though we were told that bedding and towels were changed 6 times a week this was not the case and I often found the sheets had been moved top to bottom or (worse) between the beds. :( :(

We were across the road from the reception (the hotel is in two separate buildings) and there was a small, home-made ramp from the driveway to the road. Unfortunately, people often parked right across the base of the ramp, effectively sealing me into the building. And trying to find the person responsible by telephoning reception and asking (nicely) for help got me nowhere - they did not know who had parked there and could not be held responsible. :(

Wi-fi was charged for and had very poor reception and reliability. We then found that nearly every bar, cafe, restaurant, etc. offered free Wi-fi to customers, with no limits. As they only seemed to change a password every 3 or 4 days anyone could have used it that long for the price of one drink.

NO SUN BEDS around the pool!!!!!!!!!!! The sunbeds were provided on the beach (at a charge). As a disabled person I could not access the beach and could not possibly swim in the sea (or even paddle!). So I need to use the pool. There were chairs but no beds. I asked about paying for a bed and moving it up to the pool but this brought shocked looks and a decisive no. I explained my difficulties but there was no attempt on their part to try to find a solution. :( :( We found one - we used the pool at the Hanioti Palace just up the road - free and plenty of free sunbeds, parasols, tables and chairs. Very friendly staff too.

The food we had at the hotel was decidedly average. There was an extremely limited menu. Breakfast consisted of a buffet which ha no recognisable items. There was something which looked like red mashed potato? Mounds of white, lard-like substances? We ate elsewhere. The main meal menu consisting of a choice of 4 pastas and various sauces to go with them, several variations on a risotto, salads and sea food. Except they had no sea food! ("Sorry, I know it sounds silly when we are on the sea but we find it difficult to buy. We may have frozen sea food next week"). I ordered a starter of grilled mushrooms and cream cheese. When it arrived the mushrooms were swimming in oil and were topped with a crumbled hard cheese. The waitress said it was a mistake on the menu, not in the kitchen, and had difficulty taking in it was not what I had ordered. :( :(

Food in surrounding restaurants was also generally below par and we realised why when we saw a van coming along regularly to deliver pre-prepared food to the restaurants, many of which were run by eastern Europeans. I usually love Greek food but this was not authentic and was warmed up to order. However, for a good breakfast try the Corner Cafe and the meals were good at To ελληνική (The Greek) down at the sea front.

I rate the hotel at 2, 1 for the cleanliness and 1 for the room size. All in all, a huge disappointment and definitely NOT somewhere we would go again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jan C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanioti
Hanioti Village Resort
#14 of 25 in Hanioti
Hanioti Melathron Hotel
Hanioti Melathron Hotel
#11 of 25 in Hanioti

Been to Naias Hotel? Share your experiences!