Ikos Oceania
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sokratis Hotel(Nea Moudania)(Great Value!)
US$60
  • Beachfront
Kassandra Mare Hotel(Nea Moudania)
US$109
  • Pool
Portes Beach Hotel(Nea Potidea)
US$98
US$94
US$349
US$145
US$126
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Eleni Dimitra(Halkidiki Region)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
3,172 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsmain restaurantgreek tavernanext yearbeach barmini barmount olympusinfinity poolsea urchinslocal townbuffet restaurantmain poolhigh standardjunior suitenothing is too much troublesea viewkids club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'm a bit late in posting this review - my husband and myself went the second week in May and quite frankly did not know what to expect as have never had an all inclusive hotel in Greece before. Obviously noted the reviews on Trip Advisor and it seemed worth the risk.

As it turned out this hotel was absolutely much more than expected in terms of service which was first class, as was the cleanliness and food.

Very impressive reception area and extremely courteous and professional staff. Was very surprised that there are not many locals (ie. Greek) on the staff but all could speak good English and were very helpful.

Had a great room in Block 4 - good sea view room, extremely clean, nice furnishings (although could do with a few more hangers, luckily we take our own as this is normal in most hotels), plenty of space in the bathroom for toiletries (big bonus!!). I am highly critical of bathrooms in hotels but found Oceania's to be very good. Would also give a mention to the staff who clean the rooms - they are doing a fantastic job, extremely friendly and don't worry about having to come back to clean your room, make the beds, etc. if you still in your room on any given day. Probably one of the best teams of cleaners I've encountered. Only one minus as far as the room is concerned and that is the hard mattress. Unfortunately this is a common problem with virtually all 4 or 5* hotels now and if you have any arthritic problems such as myself, it can be a little uncomfortable, however, found a spare pillow to lay on and this helped - not sure if you could get a "topper" for the mattress, should have asked I guess. Air con was working fine, mini-fridge was kept stocked up all the time - we only used the water but there were other drinks such as orange juice, cans of beer and wine. Small safe in the wardrobe (free) which was quite easy to use. To sum up the room - very good indeed.

We did take a time getting used to finding our way around - it can be a little confusing for the first few days, in particular where the blocks are and how to reach certain floors - maybe this needs addressing by putting more signs up. Be careful when you are getting in any lifts on the ground floor to go upstairs to the dining room and bars, etc. We were about to enter a lift which had been standing open for a while and suddenly the door closed very quickly. My husband caught his arm leaving a nasty bruise. He didnt make a fuss about it, but this is just to serve as a warning.

The dining area was also very good and of an evening you are shown to a table. I'm glad to say that the tables were very well spaced out so you were not sitting on top of other people. If you are a couple you are offered a table in their area for couples only, which was an extremely nice touch, peace and quiet if you want it! The waiters and waitresses were most attentive with drinks for you on sitting at your table and the buffet meals were very good - we never got bored at all - plenty of fish, meats, veggie items, salads, soup, freshly grilled foods but best of all an extremely good choice of desserts, in fact so many that you could really gorge yourself and take a bit of everything, it was all so nice. We did not try the a la carte restaurants (ie. Asian, Italian and Greek) as you had to book several days beforehand and were more than satisfied with the buffet in the main restaurant.

I would like to also give a amention to the great team and guys and girls who work in the bars both during the day and evening - they were very attentive, professional and friendly and I really can't sing their praises enough. You were never left waiting for very long!

The swimming pool area was better than some 5* hotels I have been in - plenty of room around the loungers, good little bar - standard issue of two cards per couple to get towels - very efficient in that area. We often went down to the beach area and used the bar down there - again very nice staff who didnt leave you waiting for long. Please note that there are two lots of steps to get from the hotel down to the beach area. As you leave the hotel the steps to your right are slightly less than the steps to your left (swimming pool area) - just a trivial note in case you worry about these things which I do. Found the steps no problem at all (60+ on the left side and 40+ on the right hand side!!).

On the far end of the swimming pool area is actually the Greek Restaurant (evening) but is used for lunches during the day. Very nice lunches, absolutely sufficient for fussy bods like myself and would give a further mention to the attentive staff serving you with drinks at your table, I am amazed I can't find any fault with them - ten out of ten all round.

The entertainment staff, well again great guys and girls, especially the Australian girl down at the pool, very friendly (as are most Aussies) and made us feel at home. She took the water aerobics and other activities and I think the staff down at the pool doubled up in the evening with various shows/quizzes etc. which appeared to not be too cheesy. The staff entertained one evening with a very good take on Mama Mia - the singing and dancing was better than we expected - well worth a visit to this show if they are still doing it - a real laugh in parts as well!!

There is a very large market down in the village on a Wednesday, the largest I believe in Halkidiki which is very busy. A group of us walked down to the village with one the reps (cant remember her name now but she was the Thomson rep and a very friendly and professional girl). The market was worth going to, great bargains and we walked back via the road by the beach, just a small backwater but very much typical unspoilt Greece - loved it! Did not do any other trips as found them quite expensive - shame about that.

Could not believe how good the gardens and grounds were - admittedly it was the start of the season but they appeared to be maintained to a very high standard and its these things that make all the difference I think.

Lastly I would like to thank one of the girls at the reception desk, who, on my last day when I felt unwell, helped me out. I think they are all doing an excellent job behind reception.

We definitely would like to go back again soon as had a really good time - Fab Hotel !!

Room Tip: Try and get Block 4 for good sea views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank madeformadeira
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel in June. This is a great hotel, the rooms are well appointed, clean and fairly spacious. The hotel complex itself has everything you could possibly want from an all inclusive. It has three a la carte restaurants which you can go to at no extra cost (booking required), a very large pool and a nice beach front. There are no sun bed problems as you are not allowed to reserve them which means you can always find somwhere to sit even if you aren't there until the middle of the day. There is also a fair bit of entertainment in the evening and some nice bars.
I also enjoyed the spa which where you can have some r&r and reasonably priced treatments, in fact I think that that this gives the hotel the edge on others.
The thing that stands out however is the service we received from every member of staff, this is first class and nothing is too much trouble for them which adds that extra special touch to your holiday.
I would recommend this hotel and we will definitely return next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CozJsy
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Everything that has been said about the hotel is spot on, but the thing that makes it stand out from other 5* hotels is the warmth and helpfulness of the staff, from the women who cleaned our rooms to the restaurant staff and reception team.
Particularly liked the welcome, where you merely indentified your luggage and were ushered to a meeting room where, whilst drinking champagne, we were given all the information we needed to get to know our way the hotel site. When you arrived at your room the luggage had been delivered.

We felt relaxed from the moment we started our holiday and knew this was going to be a special hotel.

The Greek Taverna is a must. Sitting under the stars enjoying the food and wine. Particular mention for George Daffy and Daniella who made our evening so enjoyable.

The Blue Bar can be busy at night, but the staff work so hard to ensure that you are served promptly and with a smile. Thanks Marta, you were a star, always there with a friendly smile and a word and your work rate was phenominal!!

In a way I am loathed to write a review as I want to go back and enjoy the wonderful delights of this hotel, but will I be able to get a reservation now the word is out? but this hotel and its staff deserve all the plaudits it receives.

So thank you to everyone who made our holiday a memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank suttonkat15
Reviewed 15 June 2012

When you plan a holiday for 56 people, oldest in their 70's and the youngest only 6 and when you have a wedding to plan aswell there are some big decisions to make. We looked long and hard at many hotels across the globe and after much research we made our choice and we can only say that having looked across the globe we found a hotel that is out of this world.
The level of service has to be experienced to be believed. From the moment we came through the airport and was greeted by our taxi driver with a shake of the hand and the driver saying "welcome to Greece" we knew we would have a good time but what we were served up over the following 12 days went beyond our wildest expectations.
From the moment you pass through the gates at the Oceania Club you enter a world of top grade service, provided by a team of highly skilled, highly motivated staff. Maria and Anna on reception welcomed us as if we were old friends, not paying guest. (The glass of champagne is a lovely touch). We were quickly shown to our room by Robert who was both efficient and polite. Our room was spotless as is the whole hotel.
After quickly settling in we did a tour of the hotel and everywhere we went we were greeted by smiling staff and hotel guest.The atmosphere of the Oceania Club is delightful.
As we have mentioned, the purpose of the trip was to celebrate our wedding and if any one needs the name of the best wedding planner in Europe, you need look no further than Anna Wolfhart. Anna puts you at ease with her calm efficient professionalism. With her help we went to the Oceania Club with clear untroubled minds. Another person who I would like give a special mention is Dionisis the F&B manager, this man worked his socks off to ensure that our wedding day went smoothly. On our day we felt like extra's from Hello magazine. On the days leading up to our wedding Dionisios was always available, always reassuring and always smiling.
The majority of our guest arrived a few days after we did and they too quickly settled in and discovered the Oceania Club magic. Everybody was blown away by the level of service, the choice of food,(thanks Pascachels and his team, especially George in the Greek Taverner) the quality of the drinks and the spotless rooms and public areas. Many commented that although the hotel was full at no time did it fill crowded. Never was there a big queue, a lack of sun beds or a rushed, stressed atmoshere.
The pools as you would expect are maintained to the very high standard that the hotel sets and if the pool area is not for you then there is the beach that again is kept clean and in order by a terrific team.
Now this hotel doesn't acheive the very high standard that we found without some very good management and the person that steers this ship is Timos. Timos is an extrodinary man, one minute he is in reception, the next he is on the beech. He talks and more importantly he listens to the guest. The staff speak very highly of him and see him as not only a manager but also as an inspiration and a friend.
All in all, I know that this is a long review but this is a hotel and a team of people that deserve every praise for their efforts to insure that their guest have the best time possible. Amongst our 56 family and friends we did have 1 complaint and that complaint was that the Oceania Club is too good. That sums up how we all felt. We are in our mid 40's and have travelled far and wide across the world and stayed in some very, very nice hotels but we agree that the Oceania Club tops the lot.
We would like say a massive thank you to the Oceania Club Management and staff for making our holiday so fantastic and for providing a wedding that we could only of dreamed of.
Gez, Theresa , Lauren, Ella and our family and friends

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gez119
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed here for a child-free week in late May with another couple. Obviously there were other children at the hotel but we could relax without ours!

On arrival the reception area cannot help but impress - it's lovely, airy, plush and comfy all at once. We were incredibly lucky to be upgraded to the Presidential Suite - a lovely surprise! Particularly as we had only booked regular rooms at a great price through Thomas Cook. Therefore I can't comment on the regular rooms but the Suite was great, 2 good sized bedrooms (a twin and a double) each with an en suite, and a lovely big sitting room, tiny kitchen area (microwave, kettle, fridge, coffee machine) and a big terrace with a great pool view. Bathrobes, slippers and toiletries included and I think this applies to all rooms.

Because of the upgrade we used the premium pool everyday, and had really good sunbed-side drinks service - thanks to Irina! The pool was very cold, but it was early in the season.

The breakfasts in the main restaurant are very good, we lunched at the Greek Taverna most days and used all of the a la cartes (all lovely). The food in the main restaurant was plentiful and varied, always something for everyone, but I prefer the experience of waiter service as in the a la cartes.

We saw both the shows "Mamma Mia" was really good (even my husband said he'd pay to see it and it wouldn't normally be his thing). We loved the Michael Jackson show too. Very talented entertainment staff - look out for the young Donny Osmond lookalike, my personal favourite!

As others have said, the staff are lovely, the manager Timos is always around, and we have no complaints at all. If I was being REALLY picky then the towels in bathrooms could be a bit bigger and fluffier - but it's not a deal breaker is it?

Would we go back? Yes, definitely, even though it's unlikely to be in the Presidential Suite! We had such a good and relaxing holiday with lovely surroundings and friendly staff, we would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Well, it's got to be the Presidential Suite! You never know your luck :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends