From the moment we arrived at the hotel,the reception staff were so friendly and hospitable and took us straight to the bar for a drink and guest relation person gave us info on the restaurants,pools,spa and bar and our rooms.
Our luggage was taken straight to the rooms and we were given 2 rooms in building 2, on the top floor with fantastic views of the sea.
Very clean and comfortable rooms,had a problem with the safe which was promptly fixed and nothig was too much trouble.
Wifi in the rooms was ok,sometimes not working but whenever we rang reception,they always managed to send someone to fix it.
The main restaurant was very big and spacious and good choice of food for breakfast,lunch and dinner!
Being vegetarians,we asked the head chef if they could make us any additional dishes and he sent his assistant chef Elias over and through out the whole week he really looked after us so well and we can't thank him enough. We had my elderly mother-in- law (80yrs) with us and Elias even made a special eggless cake for her birthday.
All the staff in the main restaurant were always very polite,friendly and helpful and maybe a little too eager to clear away plates even with a full plate of food not yet touched!
Maybe they should be trained to ask guests if they have finished before clearing!
We had one dinner at the Mahi Mahi Asian restaurant and the food was also very good.
The 2 outdoor pools-one children's and main pool had enough sun loungers and beach had ample loungers as well.
The pool and beach staff used to come around quite often asking if we wanted any drinks which was a first for us at an all-inclusive resort.
The beach is a steep walk down the hill with steps but can get a buggy from reception to take you to the beach for those who may have difficulty walking.
The hotel is about 10 mins walk on the beach road to town and there is a hotel shuttle every hr also.
Evening entertainment was good and live music in the bar was enjoyable.
Overall the staff and the service made our stay memorable and we highly recommend this resort for a short relaxing break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the crystal blue Aegean, the luxurious Ikos Oceania is located 30 minutes from Thessaloniki International Airport.The highlight of this stunning setting is the 350m long natural sandy beach, fringed by pines, olive groves and cypress trees. Dispersed amongst the 15 acres of well-groomed gardens, the spacious, elegant guest rooms and suites offer panoramic sea views with Mount Olympus in the background. As of 2015, Oceania will feature four a la carte restaurants along with the Flavors international buffet restaurant. Guest will find six superb bars indoors or in the lavish gardens. The Infinite Lifestyle Dine-Out program offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the authentic menus offered by local restaurants in the nearby picturesque town of Nea Moudania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ikos Oceania - Ikos Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Club Hotel Nea Moudania
- Oceania Hotel Kassandra
- Oceania Club Halkidiki
- Oceania Greece
- Oceania Club Greece
- Oceania Resort Greece
- Ikos Oceania - Ikos Resorts Halkidiki, Greece